British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2015

Islander15

What's the big difference sings? Surely a 500 puts more power down to the track? I

Okay so what about

1. BWD 9.5

2. Dugard 4.5

3. Wood 7

4. Owen/Bates/Warwick/Mason? 7ish

5. Andrews 7.5

6. Powell 3

7. Brennan - when ready 3

8. Strudwick

41.5 not sure the limit will go up to 40!

Personally (and I must stress this is purely my own opinion) whilst a 500 has more power to put down onto the track it is about usable power. Simply a 500 rider will have to shut off (briefly) whilst entering corners whereas a 250 can be wound on and left on. A 250 also doesn't drive as hard out of the corners and pull towards the fence. That said you still need a fair size set of plums to ride one to the max.

As for finding new riders keep the 2nd halves going / invite more riders / run a purely amateur/unsigned rider meeting. That said the current promotion seem quite at ease at unearthing new or unfulfilled talent.

i think the find of georgie wood and charley powell means one thing!

grasstrackers can race speedway and if eastbourne set up a scout like system in the grass there could be raw talent coming through at arlington!

No arguments with Georgie. Not seen Charley on the shale to be able to offer any comment.

Sadly Grasstrack is on the decline though hence many riders switching/competing in both.

There are pluses and minuses as ever but if its a route Eastbourne want to follow they could do a lot worse.

• Like 1

Off it was eligible I would like them to give Warwick another go as he didn't get chance to do much this year! Think in the long run he would prove to be better than Mason

look at it this way sings.

Eastbourne have gone grasstrack root and look at the strides georgie has made, Rye hosue went the motocross root and unfortunately i cant see Alfie Bowtell scoring more than 5 points in a meeting this year so you were right with your analysis they could have done worse!

I completely agree with you there. I think grasstrack provides a much firmer base for transition than motor x. Familiarity with engines, carbs, and the basic style of racing. I still feel the MDL is a better feeder route given the experience of riding the tracks however I cannot argue with the success of grasstrack converts over the years.

I can see what you're saying sings I personally haven't seen any stars comes through the MDL though unfortunately. I hope they prove me wrong as that is the feeder for these budding young riders.

I'm in no Hurry either RW I just like to plan ahead! And it's exciting thinking about the options!!

Any news on the restage date for Birmingham as would be nice to get that one out the way and move on if we can to the next round, Its going to get tense cant afford another rain off, it rained all day where i live then cleared up and bingo again at 3.30pm the heavens opened for about 20 miniutes flooding the road.

Also Sam will be in the Birmingham side so it might not be as strong lol. # goeastbourne