British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2015

Islander15

If Georgie sticks with it I can see him 4.5ish this year, 5 next year and then into the 6's and beyond in following seasons.

There is no denying he is a natural on a bike Grass or Shale however there are a heck of a lot of setups to learn, gating techniques to hone & passing manoeuvres to perfect yet.

To be fair I haven't heard Georgie claiming he will be at the front all year. He is just a young lad who wants to race bikes.

• Like 1

George is Young Lad with a lot of talent from what has been shown but its just enough to get you to go and watch. Looks as if he has already made good progress and with the Help from Paul Hurry, Martin Dugard, Mitch Godden. I can see that the step he has made is a good one, Kent grasstrack and Eastbourne Speedway go hand in hand, Its good to see that Eastbourne are trying something different for a change, I will be happy to give up my grasstrack sundays and have a trip down to the sunshine coast to look to see the changes. Thats after Lakeside on a Friday.

If Georgie sticks with it I can see him 4.5ish this year, 5 next year and then into the 6's and beyond in following seasons.

Anyone who can accurately predict what a rider will average this season, let alone next season or the season after after one session on a speedway bike should be sat in the bookies and a millionaire by now!

I remember seeing Tom Perrys first speedway meeting, we were told at that time he'd only had one practice session and a P&P day. He scored about 6 but he looked good. He averaged 6 that season from memory. 3 season later he was a 10 point man. He's never really converted that into PL form though.

Anyone who can accurately predict what a rider will average this season, let alone next season or the season after after one session on a speedway bike should be sat in the bookies and a millionaire by now!

I remember seeing Tom Perrys first speedway meeting, we were told at that time he'd only had one practice session and a P&P day. He scored about 6 but he looked good. He averaged 6 that season from memory. 3 season later he was a 10 point man. He's never really converted that into PL form though.

I think Tom averaged low 7s in his first season, Tom cant gate, and thats 90% of speedway riding, and as you know SCB the higher up the ladder you go, the more important is the gating.

so SCB and Greyhoundp there is a good chance that george can put up his average to a possible 5 or 8 points at reserve? Thats good news for Eastbourne also along with Owen and the so called Wilson bradley dean or dean wilson? whats going on with him as its gone very quite on bradley wots his name. Maybe he has a visa problem? Anyway its all up in the Air just roll on to the start of the Season and looking forward to seeing the USA Dream Team at Kent and Eastbourne.

I have to admit, I am a bit excited about the season.

When I was asked last year what I would think if Eastbourne went NL my reply was, I would go to Lakeside.

But the excitement has slowly built.

No-one knows if the team is going to win but then that's speedway! The fact is, all teams pretty much stat with and equal team and you look to riders that can improve and having unknowns like Wilson-Dean (if that rumour is true) Georgie Wood and Kelsey in the team make it exciting because they are the unknowns. Yes, they may fail but they could also be a great success.

The Dugards have been slated for dropping a rider before the season starts but they have explained why. Whether its the right decision or not, time will tell but its funny that they get slated for doing the very thing they used to get slated for not doing and that is not being cut throat and making hard decisions. Its a real shame they had to do it but they have shown they WILL make difficult decisions for the team. GREAT!

I like the look of the team and I am genuinely looking forward to the season more than the last few!

• Like 2

so SCB and Greyhoundp there is a good chance that george can put up his average to a possible 5 or 8 points at reserve? Thats good news for Eastbourne also along with Owen and the so called Wilson bradley dean or dean wilson? whats going on with him as its gone very quite on bradley wots his name. Maybe he has a visa problem? Anyway its all up in the Air just roll on to the start of the Season and looking forward to seeing the USA Dream Team at Kent and Eastbourne.

My point, which reading back I expressed badly, was that Woods could do anything at all. He could get 2 or 3 and not cope with the change from grass to shale, he could be a Tom Perry and get 6-7 or he could even do an Adam Ellis and take to it like a duck to water and get 9.

I hope he gets the 9, we need as many young lads as possible making it. But right now, anyone who predicts an average for him would, IMO, just be really lucky if they were right come October!

Catinthehat his name goes Bradley Wilson dean and I am pretty sure he posted a picture of his visa for the U.K. and he said all valid until 2020 I'm also sure he said he's coming over in 6 weeks about 2-3 weeks ago but that may have changed

I think from watching the videos and actually matching this team up in the race format against other teams after the first 4 meetings if Wilson Dean does come over the eagles have a good chance of finishing top 4!

1. Wilson Dean 9 point avg

2 Andrews 5 point avg

3 Owen 8 point avg

4 Mason 7.5

5 Warwick 7

6 wood 5 point avg

7 Dugard 5 point avg

I think from watching the videos and actually matching this team up in the race format against other teams after the first 4 meetings if Wilson Dean does come over the eagles have a good chance of finishing top 4!

2 Andrews 5 point avg

3 Owen 8 point avg

4 Mason 7.5

5 Warwick 7

6 wood 5 point avg

7 Dugard 5 point avg

My point, which reading back I expressed badly, was that Woods could do anything at all. He could get 2 or 3 and not cope with the change from grass to shale, he could be a Tom Perry and get 6-7 or he could even do an Adam Ellis and take to it like a duck to water and get 9.

I hope he gets the 9, we need as many young lads as possible making it. But right now, anyone who predicts an average for him would, IMO, just be really lucky if they were right come October!

Woods could even do an Egon Muller-Barry Briggs & Co and have no problems riding speedway as well as grass track.

2 Andrews 5 point avg

3 Owen 8 point avg

4 Mason 7.5

5 Warwick 7

6 wood 5 point avg

7 Dugard 5 point avg

2 Andrews 5 point avg

3 Owen 8 point avg

4 Mason 7.5

5 Warwick 7

6 wood 5 point avg

7 Dugard 5 point avg

Dean Wilson will do very well to get a nine-point average; if that is who is coming over.

We shall see. Proof of the pudding and all that

Dean Wilson will do very well to get a nine-point average; if that is who is coming over.

We shall see. Proof of the pudding and all that

he is coming over check out Wilson deans Facebook and Instagram

He beat sarj from 3 bike lengths behind, and only lost to Robert lambert by half a bike length, he finished 4th in the youth gold

Cup in 2012 due to a chain snapping whilst he was leading. If he can use that form I reckon he will be better than brandford

He beat sarj from 3 bike lengths behind, and only lost to Robert lambert by half a bike length, he finished 4th in the youth gold

Cup in 2012 due to a chain snapping whilst he was leading. If he can use that form I reckon he will be better than brandford

Michael, I think your enthusiasm is great, but dont think for one moment Wilson Dean only has to turn up to win, there are some decent riders in the NL and they will enjoy beating some overseas hot pot, and remember he will be seeing many tracks for the first time, Kent, Rye House, Mildenhall, Buxton are not the easiest of Tracks to ride for the first time, and most of those Teams have decent No1s, along with Ellis, Clegg, Greaves, there are a multitude of reasons against Wilson Dean getting a 9 point average in his first season, he may well do that at Arlington with its distinct shape, but away i will be very surprised.

wilson dean has already ridden in england before so he wont be new to every track, greyhound. check out some of his racing videos he looks promising, have some faith and get behind the young fella

Cant remember ever seeing him , who has he ridden for.

Edited by chopper
  • Like 1

I'm not a betting man greyhounds but shall we have a little gamble? I say Wilson dean finishes on an 8.5 or higher what about you?

Mr Ceglio you do make me smile, half term and the kids are off school driving me cazy and wanting to watch speedway to find out that you are putting out stuff with an Average on it?

I put it down to you Mr Ceglio that if Mr Wilson (if its him) does get over 10 points at any one of his meetings in the first month of racing i will personally dontate £100 to George Woods Racing fund, this way it will help all the riders in your team if he does not get double figuers then you can treat me and my family and a few friends to a meeting at Kent or Eastbounre and have a drink with us. :t: I think i am on a winner here. xx just looking at Eastbounre fixture list now.

Edited by catinthehat
  • Like 3