British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2015

Islander15

You've already hit sixty against Lynn without turning up reading some of the comments on here! One or two people could do with calming down a little after a couple of wins.

I agree that some are getting a bit ahead of themselves, but after such a dire few years recently it is hard to hold back on some excitement.

I had not been for about 4 or 5 year of the recent EL rubbish, but I went to the opener against Kent and I loved it. I feel almost born again with speedway. Sunday will be a rerun of the first meeting I went to. Eastbourne Eagles v Kings Lynn Starletts (BL Div 2), Easter Sunday 1969. I feel almost as exited about going as I did then as a youngster. I still have the programme, filled out by my Dad, we won 39-37. I remember it was close, unlike the 75-0 I had to witness once. :lol:

Anyway I will go with a 6 to 8 point win for the Eagles, but more importantly a good crowd for the promotion, and some exciting racing for us fans. Can't wait!!

You've already hit sixty against Lynn without turning up reading some of the comments on here! One or two people could do with calming down a little after a couple of wins.

Lol. I agree with you. I am actually a bit concerned after what KL did to Mildenhall

Please don't knock us for being excited about this team though. We have had some dire years recently with the same ole, same ole. We are very excited about this team and right now its great to be an Eagles fans!

I reckon an 8 point win to Eastbourne.

• Like 1

Just had a look at the Weather forecast, Looks as if its going to be a nice day sunday, Plenty of sun and little wind, perfect for speedway, Just hope the crowd comes out to see good speedway again as Hebbs said speedway at this level is more entertaining then in the last 15 years at Eastbourne, fingers crossed and lets help the management in Martin and Connor, as we all no that if it dont happen this year its 100% not going to happen next year. They have already showed that they are going to listen to us as the public and are trying many different avenues to get the speedway back to Eastbourne as it was. #bring a mate.

Whoever said about Kings Lynn looking a threat.... All teams are a threat but I think KL were made to look better than they are against mildenhall because not many of mildenhalls riders were on it and they really had a 2-3 man team

Arlington is a completely different kettle of fish to West Row, I would expect Eastie to have a huge advantage at reserve and probably one or two of the Young Stars to five to struggle too. Cockle & Hazeldene must have ridden the track at some point but the rest must be first timers.

Sorry Gordon i thought i was a bit out by 4 points as i didnt no how good Kelsey and George was when they covered up for Marc and Danny but not a bad result for me only 4 points out :) now there is something to get excited about as looks like the Eagles are flying well at home and hope they can carry that form away to Cradley, Good Luck to both teams, best racing we have seen at Eastbourne for a long time, NL was the way too go.

Was this the same Kings Lynn team that went to Mildenhall the other day? (including Scot)

Edited by catinthehat
  • Like 1

Sorry Gordon i thought i was a bit out by 4 points as i didnt no how good Kelsey and George was when they covered up for Marc and Danny but not a bad result for me only 4 points out :) now there is something to get excited about as looks like the Eagles are flying well at home and hope they can carry that form away to Cradley, Good Luck to both teams, best racing we have seen at Eastbourne for a long time, NL was the way too go.

Was this the same Kings Lynn team that went to Mildenhall the other day? (including Scot)

Lol, I must admit I am beginning to let myself get excited now. Without the points Kelsey lost while leading, I think we would have hit 70!

If we get something on Wednesday. the I reserve the right to be very excited!

As Eastbourne have just found out that its not going to be easy. As predicted as on the forum and a few people have said that it’s the team that stays injury free will win this year, I have to say looking at Eastbourne’s side they could quite easily pick up an away win.

I have seen that they have a team change to make them stronger how strong do we need them to be.

This was just out on @ITFirsteagles

1 David Mason ©
2 Rider replacement for Danny Warwick
3 Darryl Ritchings – Guest for Marc Owen
4 Richard Andrews
5 Bradley Wilson-Dean
6 Georgie Wood
7 Kelsey Dugard

Looking at them it’s a good team.

I think for the first time in a few years the Dugards Martin and Connor are really trying hard to put a good show on, a driving force behind the scenes and a fresh look with the new sponsor gives a good feeling to the place again which was missing for years, also I did notice the Bob Dugard was not on his tractor for all of the meeting? Wonder if they have taken his keys off him.

A bigger threat is going to be Richard Andrews, He put the fastest time at Kent in the first meeting, maximum on sunday he seems settled at Eastbourne and thats why he is scoreing so well, a very dark horse in him as he is a bit of a starter, he is the biggest one to watch, BWD will get double figures, George will get double figures, Mason will get 7, Dugard 6 Richings 8 andrews 7 give or take a few points :lol: so 48 points for me so its going to be a close match and a good one i hope. Its been reported that Danny is due for an operation so lets raise some money for the poor guy. #eaglestowin #missingdannywarwick

Danny is one of the most genuine guy's in speedway and he could be out for a while so every penny helps, http://www.gofundme.com/se6p33g

Just seen the update on Danny great news he may be out of Hospital soon, at least the weather is nice he can sit and relax in the Sun and take it easy till he is ready to ride again.

Eastbourne are off to race against cradley tonight would be interesting meeting a very close one i think Eastbourne will win. Just like the old days. #winners

Although we didn't win we kept it much closer than at EL level. The team have a bit more knowledge of the track now which could lead to a win over Birmingham whenever we go back to race them!

So impressed with Bradley Wilson Dean at Perry Barr tonight, great talent

Yes, he sure is. Just two things about him for me/

1. I wish he could gate as he would win even more then and stop leaving us on the edge of our seats.

2. I hope he never learns to gate as it is so much fun watching him come from the back!

Mmm, have I just contradicted myself?

It was a long way to go last night to have the pain of winning by 7 but I did not feel it was a wasted trip. I also think we were a little flattered by Heathens falling while in pints scoring positions

I think there could be quite a few away victories for the Eagles this year. Should make up for the last 2 or 3 years