British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2015

Easier to ask who hasn't, Only Arthur has not been injured this year. Sheffield could have its own wing at a hospital with what's happened this season:

Steady - injured since April

Ashley - injured since June

David - several weeks out in April and May

Andre - out since beginning of July

Add to that Jason and Josh are now injured but will hopefully be back soon and the fact that Ty has been sent home it's amazing we are anywhere near the top 6.

Don't think the previous poster was meaning the Sheffo injury list!!

Wonder if Sheffield tried an audacious move for THJ, as said he wants a move to the UK, his average would fit with his average from the Elite League, but might be blocked due to being a GP rider.

If his Elite average is above 6 then I don't think he could have been signed.

Simon Gustaffson, Timo Lahti, Martin Smolinski, Adam Skornicki, Daniel Nermark, Jonas or Daniel Davidsson,

Could be anyone and i would imagine we will never find out

Not the name I heard.

I personally think the rider in question might have been Rory Schlien before he was injured.

Not that it really matters.

So that wasn't last week then was it? ;)

Kenni Larsens name was being thrown around recently.

• 2 weeks later...

From the Tigers web site:-

Sheffield have been hit by yet another injury blow to one of their key riders.

Arthur Sissis, the match winner in Saturday’s stunning display at Berwick, has torn ligaments in his shoulder and his collarbone has separated from the shoulder.

The popular Aussie ace will return to hospital on Wednesday to establish whether he needs an operation and club bosses are already resigned to him missing the rest of the season.

Co-promoter Damien Bates said: “Once again we are going to have to make changes to keep our play-off push going.

“I’m looking at the possibility of bringing Andre Compton back into the side. Certain riders will know they have to up their game.

“It’s shocking news for Arthur who was brilliant at Berwick. I can’t quite believe what’s happening this season – if we didn’t have bad luck we wouldn’t have any!”

Sheffield have a big home meeting with reigning champions Edinburgh on Thursday and further team news will follow in due course.

Current Green Sheet averages.

1 Simon Stead 10.41

2 Jason Garrity 8.12

3 Nicolai Klindt 6.68

4 David Bellego 5.85

5 Michele Castagna Ass 5.00

6 Josh Bates 4.80

7 Arthur Sissis 3.60

Total 44.46

Outgoing.

Tyron Proctor 6.68

Ashley Birks 5.57

Andre Compton 6.70

Some hard thinking to be done now, preferably by the cut-off date, which is the 28th of August.

Looking increasingly as though it is season over for Arthur, I really think we need to look for a replacement.

From our own asset base we have;

Facu Albin (not sure whether or not he is in the country still)

Jake Knight

Benji Compton.

Others who are not assets that we might consider.

Liam Carr

Danny Spiller

Zach Wotshisname (from Birmingham)

Or maybe even do a double change.

drop the not so impressive Klindt.

And bring in Adam Ellis and Anders Thomsen (although not so sure that the figures work out)

Regardless the \Promotion have a massive decision to make and I do envy them.

Leave out Arthur Sissis and Nicolai Klindt, and bring in Anders Thomsen (5.68) and Adam Ellis (4.67) and I get the revised total to 44.53, which would be okay.

If we're working to a 45.00 average I presume? Looking at the averages above then Compton only fits for Garrity/Stead.

If Andre was brought back to replace Nicolai, that would leave 4.12 to replace Arthur.

you can only make like for like changes otherwise you have to rebuild under the original 42.50.

You cant take the total of two dropped riders and use that for two new ones.

The only way Compton can come in for Klindt is if his average has dropped since he went out of the 1-7.

Apologies - brain not engaged in Speedway jumbly.

A Team’s initial Declaration must not exceed 42.50 points MA for 7 Riders.

It must also not exceed 42.50 points when re-declared (permanent or temporary) except where the MA of the introduced Rider is equal to, or lower than the Rider being replaced.

Apologies - brain not engaged in Speedway jumbly.

A Team’s initial Declaration must not exceed 42.50 points MA for 7 Riders.

It must also not exceed 42.50 points when re-declared (permanent or temporary) except where the MA of the introduced Rider is equal to, or lower than the Rider being replaced.

If we do a multi re-declaration though, can we add together the combined averages of all the riders being replaced, and ensure that the incoming total is less, or must it be purely a one on one comparison?