British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2015

I didn't know you could use a guest that long, I assumed there was a time limit.

That's always been the rule. I would assume that Peterborough will be doing the same with Olly Allen unless someone that can do a job becomes available.
  • Like 2

sheffield drop a point or two off their team average every time they use a guest with a lower average.. it may come back to haunt them later in the season. (play offs etc) but its a nice position to be in having a full range of guests at your disposal.............. horses for courses. ..............

• 3 weeks later...

Do you think there should be a rule about teams not being able to use guests for a rider who you know isn't going to ride again in a season? Nothing against guests per se, but it is nice to have your own 1-7 week in week out

No

Not a bad thought, but as things stand, there aren't enough riders of a decent standard available. The UKVI don't help. Ty Proctor would fit in, if the BSPA could arrange for lower limits for non-EU riders. Gone are the days when riders averaging over 9.00 were plentiful.

• 3 weeks later...