British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2015

Arthur Sissis the next signing maybe?

might just be a coincidence but has has just started following Damien Bates, Sheffield speedway and Simon Stead on twitter in the last day or so.

as you are feeling so public spirited could you please investigate and report back as to whether he follows any other clubs/riders. Many thanks

as you are feeling so public spirited could you please investigate and report back as to whether he follows any other clubs/riders. Many thanks

okay seeing you asked so nicely i did. Sheffield are the only club he follows.

As i said earlier it may jut be a coincidence that he has started following the 3 i have stated above and ty proctor since then.

As i said earlier it may jut be a coincidence that he has started following the 3 i have stated above and ty proctor since then.

Well he'd probably be able to lodge with Ty who resides in the Stannington area of Sheffield - about 5 minutes from the track!

Sissis would be a good signing, as long as we start him at reserve. I feel he'd still need his time to get back into the swing of things in speedway. And as long as bates does get a reduction, we could have-

Stead

Bellego

Birks

Poole

Proctor

Bates

Sissis

• Like 2

This may not in anyway be a threat to all activity at Owlerton Stadium, but I have seen a message on Facebook in regard to a gathering at 5.30pm on Saturday, November 29 protesting at a closure. My assumption is that it may just be greyhound lovers in an action against group/groups who may want to halt the four-legged sport.

Can anyone clarify this mater please. Thank you.

Sissis looked very good round Sheffield a few years ago before his Moto GP career. He would in my view be a very good signing and would not be surprised to see him in the elite league as well. It will be interesting to see how he gets on in the Aussie season and whether he still has the style and skill of before at one point he looked like he could be better than Darcy Ward and think he can be a solid rider

This may not in anyway be a threat to all activity at Owlerton Stadium, but I have seen a message on Facebook in regard to a gathering at 5.30pm on Saturday, November 29 protesting at a closure. My assumption is that it may just be greyhound lovers in an action against group/groups who may want to halt the four-legged sport.

It appears to be a fund raising exercise by a group called Caged Northwest, to pay for an advert in the Daily Mirror to protest about greyhound racing in the UK.

Thank you for the response.

cheers.

I posed a question a few days ago in the international section about how much riding he has been doing in his 'speedway comeback' but havent seen a response.

Found this at heffernanmotorsports.com. Unfortunately, it doesn't say much. Good for Aussie news though.

"The return to speedway of former World road race Moto 3 competitor Arthur Sissis certainly has people buzzing. The quietly spoken 19 year old is a natural on a speedway bike having won three Under 16 Australian titles before turning his hand to the asphalt. A UK career is on the cards and we will have more detail on that in coming weeks."

Also at heffernanmotorsports.com:-

Congratulations to well known former West Australian rider Steve Johnston on the birth of his first child, a boy, Alexander Paul Johnston. Alex was born today (13/11) just before 2pm WA time. Johnno is an absolute champion and this is a wonderful time for his family – congratulations!

• Like 1

It appears to be a fund raising exercise by a group called Caged Northwest, to pay for an advert in the Daily Mirror to protest about greyhound racing in the UK.

Thank you for the response.

I have just seen on Facebook that a counter protest to "SAVE OWLERTON" for speedway and small oval car racing has been called for the same time with an invite to motorsport followers to go along.

It is organised by Mr Michael Jones and is scheduled to start at 5.30pm today.

Edited by Guest

in that case Risager followed George English the day he got released by Ippo i think it was :(

dont worry Morten favourited the signing of Danny which meant he didnt have a place!

I get the feeling he likes a bit of a joke.

Come on Morten follow the Monarchs next!