British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2015

From the Sheffield Star:-

Andre Compton is in line to return to the Sheffield side quicker than expected.

But that could spell bad news for two riders who will have to make way in a team reshuffle which has been made more urgent by the injury to Arthur Sissis.

Sissis crashed at Berwick on Saturday and is likely to miss the rest of the season with shoulder ligament damage. His collarbone separated from the shoulder.

Co-promoter Damien Bates said: “We may be forced to release a rider we really don’t want to. It’s the nature of the game we’re in. The riders have to be aware of this, I’m not prepared to sit around feeling sorry for myself or the club, we have to get on with it and try and do something.

“It’s unlikely anything will happen in time for Thursday against Edinburgh, but the option to bring Andre back into the team is there for us. I want to bring Andre back but we have to make a tough decision..it’s part of the job we don’t like doing.

“Arthur was brilliant at Berwick and he’s done enough this season to show us what he’s capable of. I think it’s unlikely he will ride again this year, unless a miracle happens.”

Bates’ comments suggest a middle order man could be forced to make way for Compton and a replacement for Sissis – but they will rely on guest replacements on Thursday.

The only way Compton can come back in would be to replace Garrity or Stead or declare a new team to 42.50 at present they are 44.46 thats my understanding. Also remember in the play offs no guests allowed from the other 5 teams

Edited by MANSE

The only way Compton can come back in would be to replace Garrity or Stead or declare a new team to 42.50 at present they are 44.46 thats my understanding. Also remember in the play offs no guests allowed from the other 5 teams

Aw naw that halves little Brady's chance of getting a medal :D

From the Sheffield Star:-

Andre Compton is in line to return to the Sheffield side quicker than expected.

But that could spell bad news for two riders who will have to make way in a team reshuffle which has been made more urgent by the injury to Arthur Sissis.

Sissis crashed at Berwick on Saturday and is likely to miss the rest of the season with shoulder ligament damage. His collarbone separated from the shoulder.

Co-promoter Damien Bates said: “We may be forced to release a rider we really don’t want to. It’s the nature of the game we’re in. The riders have to be aware of this, I’m not prepared to sit around feeling sorry for myself or the club, we have to get on with it and try and do something.

“It’s unlikely anything will happen in time for Thursday against Edinburgh, but the option to bring Andre back into the team is there for us. I want to bring Andre back but we have to make a tough decision..it’s part of the job we don’t like doing.

“Arthur was brilliant at Berwick and he’s done enough this season to show us what he’s capable of. I think it’s unlikely he will ride again this year, unless a miracle happens.”

Bates’ comments suggest a middle order man could be forced to make way for Compton and a replacement for Sissis – but they will rely on guest replacements on Thursday.

Nice to see there is another promoter like Gary May out there

• Like 2

Nice to see there is another promoter like Gary May out there

I agree as well, if you are close to winning something and part of your team is not right, you must change it if you can, better that than fans using hindsight and saying "oh this or that should have been done" because that is what would happen in most cases.

As for Black Angus's post (I cant multi quote) if you are happy not to win anything then that's your prerogative, but I think most fans like the winning and would be happy for a change if it made their team better

• Like 1

If Compton comes in, I'd say you may be getting a replacement for Stead as well ! How do you fancy Barker ? He told someone on Saturday night at Berwick he's ready to come back and wants a team who are in the playoffs, and was seen in deep conversation with Sheffield reps !

Don`t think that`s what he said during his interview from the centre green last Saturday.

If Compton comes in, I'd say you may be getting a replacement for Stead as well ! How do you fancy Barker ? He told someone on Saturday night at Berwick he's ready to come back and wants a team who are in the playoffs, and was seen in deep conversation with Sheffield reps !

Thats not what he said to Dick Barrie on the centre green.I got the distinct impression that he won't be back this season as he is letting his back heal naturally and didn't have an operation.

That little tin-can aka. Helmholtz resonator, on top of the pipe. Can be the next "thing" in the circle racing. Mostly used to bring down noise levels but also improves engine output. Part, Im interested in, is the ability to change exhaust gas pulsating frequency to more homogeneus flow.

Ben Barker has signed for Peterborough

that's a surprise but that's Speedway I suppose.I guess the "we will have to wait and see" meant think I'm going to Peterborough next week. Edited by Fromafar

Black Cats being favourite