British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2015

Not even considered Adam Roynon, but looking at his finishing average he is a steal.

Not sure how he would feel about coming back after been dropped this season, but for me if we can get him at reserve he would fly.

Team for me

Stead

Birks

Wolbert

Poole

Proctor

Roynon

Bates

Comes in at 42.46.

Edited by spin king
  • Like 2

Latest Green Sheet averages from 01/10/2014.

S.Stead 9.96

T.Poole 6.05

A.Compton 5.59

B.Wilson 5.03

L.Lanham 4.96

N.Covatti 4.21

J.Bates 3.53

T.Proctor 6.27

Can see Nico being popular for 2015 line-ups, as long as he stops using Alfie Flowers engines in the UK.

:D

Not even considered Adam Roynon, but looking at his finishing average he is a steal.

Not sure how he would feel about coming back after been dropped this season, but for me if we can get him at reserve he would fly.

Team for me

Stead

Birks

Wolbert

Poole

Proctor

Roynon

Bates

Comes in at 42.46.

Got to be Bellego, surely ?

That performance the other week for Berwick was amazing and the most impressive I have seen from an away rider all season.

Team for me

Stead

Birks

Wolbert

Poole

Proctor

Roynon

Bates

Comes in at 42.46.

Bellego for wolbert or proctor if it fits for me would be good .

Got to be Bellego, surely ?

That performance the other week for Berwick was amazing and the most impressive I have seen from an away rider all season.

Exciting and flamboyant to watch.

Thanks but no thanks.

Has an away average last season of 5.44 without bonus points.

Take put his two Sheffield performances it then drops to 4.70.

What can't speak can't lie.

He is a Richard Hall with an exotic surname.

• Like 2

Exciting and flamboyant to watch.

Thanks but no thanks.

Has an away average last season of 5.44 without bonus points.

Take put his two Sheffield performances it then drops to 4.70.

What can't speak can't lie.

He is a Richard Hall with an exotic surname.

According to the Scunny website, Ash Birks away average is 5.18 including bonus points.

I think Sheffield need to build a side next season that makes winning at home a priority.

He wasn't just exciting to watch that night (and, to be fair it was only one night) he was simply brilliant.

• Like 1

According to the Scunny website, Ash Birks away average is 5.18 including bonus points.

I think Sheffield need to build a side next season that makes winning at home a priority.

He wasn't just exciting to watch that night (and, to be fair it was only one night) he was simply brilliant.

Both meetings this season at Sheffield he was superb, its those other performance at other away tracks that puts me off.

Both meetings this season at Sheffield he was superb, its those other performance at other away tracks that puts me off.

His meetings at the smaller tracks will have had a big effect on his average. .. Edinburgh, Newcastle, Rye House... like most of our team, he was better off not turning up :shock:

His meetings at the smaller tracks will have had a big effect on his average. .. Edinburgh, Newcastle, Rye House... like most of our team, he was better off not turning up :shock:

Add Plymouth and Ipswich to the list as well.

To be fair David Bellego has a wicked riding style which suits the Sheffield track, reminds me so much of Richard Hall who equally is exciting and enjoyable around Sheffield.

But like Richard there is question marks when he goes to the smaller tracks.

Halifax is correct when he says that the main aim for Sheffield to get back to Fortress Owlerton and win home meetings, but I think there are other riders out there who maybe ride Sheffield well but offer more when we go on our travels.

I am a big fan of David and he is a talent but I think when he goes to these small tracks if he has a bad ride he tends to throw the towel in,IMO his priorities are not in British Speedway .He gets himself very wound up if he has a bad ride,I think he now realises that missing the gate at Berwick means bursting a gut for little reward 90% of the time and rides with his head and not his heart.Continental track suit his style down to the ground as do most big tracks in UK.He has a touch of class though .

Add Plymouth and Ipswich to the list as well.

To be fair David Bellego has a wicked riding style which suits the Sheffield track, reminds me so much of Richard Hall who equally is exciting and enjoyable around Sheffield.

But like Richard there is question marks when he goes to the smaller tracks.

Halifax is correct when he says that the main aim for Sheffield to get back to Fortress Owlerton and win home meetings, but I think there are other riders out there who maybe ride Sheffield well but offer more when we go on our travels.

I know theory and practice don't always go hand in hand but doesn't it follow that for a given points limit riders who are not so strong on the road will be better around their home track. Should this not be considered when planning fortress Owlerton?