British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

surely Ruml would be in need of a visa and therefore be a 7 as well??

You just beat me to that - I thought he would be a 7 as well, on two counts. one he is American and two did he not ride in the World Cup? I thought if you have ridden at that level its a 7 point average as well

I think that unless there is something new about Jake Allen, for instance he has parent is British or a grandparent, the club have found him a Northumberland lass to marry, then they don't have any chance of getting him on a 5 point assessed average.

If they have not got the lad on a 5 point average then one of the 6 riders has to go, and the one that is most likely to go will be Allen, and that is what I think will happen regarding the team as he is the one unknown.

Who else is out there though on that sort of average? I'd put him as one of the better options out there frankly for that reserve spot.

which is why IMO the PL should be looking at a fastrack type set up for the No7 position in 2016
  • Like 2

I'm a little surprised that this item, recently on website and latest e-Newsletter, which seems progressive and a good idea for those with the black-and-gold in their hearts, hasn't attracted the scorn and bile we expect from the usual suspects:

Your Bandits are launching a new VIP Club for the coming season, offering members privileged access to pits, infield and other benefits.

For an annual membership fee of £20, VIP supporters will be afforded the opportunity to make a pits visit for a few heats during a meeting, and then spend a further couple of races viewing proceedings from the centre-green. Members will also be invited to make the presentation of a VIP award to the night's most-entertaining rider one week, and -- if they have kids who attend matches -- can nominate their young 'uns to be mascots.

Further, VIPs will receive a 50% discount of tickets for dances, etc organised by the promotion, on certain nights they will receive a generous discount on merchandise from the Club Shop and on booking hospitality will be granted 10% discount if a full party (30+ visitors) is booked in.

To join the VIP Club, contact Lani Rae on 07779-227535.

Doesn't the supporters club offer most of that already?

When Allen goes they have 8.66 so if Albin came in on his average its unlikely he'd even be at reserve. Plus, hes absolutely rubbish.

I've not seen anything to convince me that he's anything but very ordinary

Edberg been in around 3 to 4 seasons averages 3.84

Albin one season 3.62 average.

Edberg had some horrendous injuries and also didnt ride over here for a spell. Last season he when he returned he was more confident and in my opinion showed he can improve this year on a low ave. He has fantastic resources and rides good kit so I think he will. Albin is pants simple as.

Edberg had some horrendous injuries and also didnt ride over here for a spell. Last season he when he returned he was more confident and in my opinion showed he can improve this year on a low ave. He has fantastic resources and rides good kit so I think he will. Albin is pants simple as.

Returned with confidence on good kit and has a 3.82 average.

Albin in his first season 3.62 average riding crap equipment seeing most tracks for the first time.

I will admit that there are issues with Albin's riding gear and that what lets him down.

But Edberg with his super rich Daddy backing him is no better.