British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

With your permission of course Scott, may I use this statement made by Dennis McLeary on 1st Dec 2014 on the Berwick website.

''Jake will bring a CMA of 5.00 to the squad, becoming a Berwick club asset after the required number of matches''

It's not my permission to give, Taffy!

Yes, but they have subsequently mentioned that the situation has become less clear. I refer to the newsletter releases, in particular.

They are awaiting a decision that appears to be out of their hands.

You wouldn't buy in stock before you knew the final wholesale price.

Would you?

Usual high and mighty defence.Total P#sh.

Just trying to educate ;)

Yes, but they have subsequently mentioned that the situation has become less clear. I refer to the newsletter releases, in particular.

Would you?

i don't understand what is less clear, the rules for visa application set down by the Immigration Authority, state that non EU riders requiring a visa will come into the UK on as assessed 7,00 average.

• Like 1

Would you?

That University at Swinton has a lot to answer for.
  • Like 1

i don't understand what is less clear, the rules for visa application set down by the Immigration Authority, state that non EU riders requiring a visa will come into the UK on as assessed 7,00 average.

I'm not disagreeing, but why is there a meeting?

Is there some ambiguity in Allen's situation that needs clarification?

I don't know, that's for sure!

I've no idea, but I guess there is still a slim chance.

I can always hope!

I am sure Somerset would have gone into it quite deeply, realised they had to make changes for Holder and did it. i am pretty sure the confusion came during the Conference, where they stated they could come in on a 5, without reading the rules set down, then certain parties took their word for it without checking for themselves.

I would stll take a chance on him, but 2 of the riders named would have to be dropped to fit him in on a 7.

I'm a little surprised that this item, recently on website and latest e-Newsletter, which seems progressive and a good idea for those with the black-and-gold in their hearts, hasn't attracted the scorn and bile we expect from the usual suspects:

Your Bandits are launching a new VIP Club for the coming season, offering members privileged access to pits, infield and other benefits.

For an annual membership fee of £20, VIP supporters will be afforded the opportunity to make a pits visit for a few heats during a meeting, and then spend a further couple of races viewing proceedings from the centre-green. Members will also be invited to make the presentation of a VIP award to the night's most-entertaining rider one week, and -- if they have kids who attend matches -- can nominate their young 'uns to be mascots.

Further, VIPs will receive a 50% discount of tickets for dances, etc organised by the promotion, on certain nights they will receive a generous discount on merchandise from the Club Shop and on booking hospitality will be granted 10% discount if a full party (30+ visitors) is booked in.

To join the VIP Club, contact Lani Rae on 07779-227535.

Edited by crescent girl
  • Like 1

I'm a little surprised that this item, recently on website and latest e-Newsletter, which seems progressive and a good idea for those with the black-and-gold in their hearts, hasn't attracted the scorn and bile we expect from the usual suspects:

Your Bandits are launching a new VIP Club for the coming season, offering members privileged access to pits, infield and other benefits.

For an annual membership fee of £20, VIP supporters will be afforded the opportunity to make a pits visit for a few heats during a meeting, and then spend a further couple of races viewing proceedings from the centre-green. Members will also be invited to make the presentation of a VIP award to the night's most-entertaining rider one week, and -- if they have kids who attend matches -- can nominate their young 'uns to be mascots.

Further, VIPs will receive a 50% discount of tickets for dances, etc organised by the promotion, on certain nights they will receive a generous discount on merchandise from the Club Shop and on booking hospitality will be granted 10% discount if a full party (30+ visitors) is booked in.

Why should it, if anyone out there wants to cough up £20 for the benefits in the newsletter then they should, if they don't then don't, its that simple really.

Lifes full of surprises.
  • Like 1

That looks like bthe Supporters Club with a new name, but twice the membership fee. Reminds me of when Peter Waite could not get his way with the Supporters Club, he created B.E.S.T. so he had control of the cash, it soon fell on it's ar*e. the then Chairman Malcolm Leighton cried foul of PW big time.