British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

Is this not what was said earlier? Things will change depending on his average....

Tell me what was said earlier ,have I missed these Posts on the Official Website(I don't go for rumours)

BSPA website (British Speedway Official Website) lists "2015 line-ups" and tonight -- right now -- shows Berwick's line-up so far as Barker, Doolan, Vissing, Jorgensen, Edberg and Allen.

Which appears to indicate the average question is not yet settled.

It was said that there is a meeting in Jan regarding this matter so you are probably right.so until they get confirmation that is the line up Berwick have announced they have signed.Spot On.

Another exaggeration from yourself,club website has only had 2 updates from Nov17 and only when they announced the last 3 signings have they mentioned they might have a problem with Jake.keep up the sh#t stirring though Sparkafag is still interested even though he thinks the thread is a waste of time.

Eddie was right.

Berwick issued e-newsletters on Dec 1, Dec 6, Dec 23 and Jan 11, every one carrying caveats concerning Jake Allen's signing.

These warned: "we are awaiting the outcome of meetings between UK Visas and Immigration and the BSPA", "as we have been careful to highlight, our signing of Jake is subject to approval by the necessary authorities", "while the signing of any non-EU citizen is subject to his getting a visa", "so hopefully this (the visa question) all goes to plan" and "Jake Allen's immigration situation is clouded, with discussions ongoing"

• Like 1

Eddie was right.

Berwick issued e-newsletters on Dec 1, Dec 6, Dec 23 and Jan 11, every one carrying caveats concerning Jake Allen's signing.

These warned: "we are awaiting the outcome of meetings between UK Visas and Immigration and the BSPA", "as we have been careful to highlight, our signing of Jake is subject to approval by the necessary authorities", "while the signing of any non-EU citizen is subject to his getting a visa", "so hopefully this (the visa question) all goes to plan" and "Jake Allen's immigration situation is clouded, with discussions ongoing"

Apologies just remembered about the e- newsletter ,most clubs would put such information on their official site as well.But it is Berwick.Does that mean that Jake is not yet signed "our signing of Jake ect"

Just checked the BSPA web site for confirmed team line ups and Jake Allen is in the Berwick team. 6 riders signed.

We will be the first Club to have a 6 man team since the 80's if that is the case. Edited by Fromafar

averages rule the sport,unless Allen's changes we don't have enough points for last rider so why are Berwick tell us about Jakes problems and naming him on the Web.Not very Professional P.R.

This time last year the club were telling us they would only announce signings after the t`s were crossed and i`s dotted, they would jump the gun unlike other clubs. :D

• Like 2

This time last year the club were telling us they would only announce signings after the t`s were crossed and i`s dotted, they would jump the gun unlike other clubs. :D

Aye and a few seasons ago we had the then commercial guy telling us Berwick had one of the biggest budgets in the league lol.....just talk an absolute load of rubbish, particularly that bloke on the centre green that has about 4 accounts on here.

• Like 2

Any opportunity... :rofl:

There is obviously a situation which is requiring clarification (as has been officially communicated several times).

I would surmise that, contractually, "crossing the ts and dotting the is" was done and no "gun jumping" occurred.

So, your latest cheap shot is likely erroneous.

Now, one can imagine the furore on here if Allen had been dropped whilst there was still a meeting to be held - and a decision to be made - by other authorities.

Keep going though, mate, one of these days you will get what you wish for: but it might just remove a reason to exist, for some :o

There is obviously a situation which is requiring clarification (as has been officially communicated several times).

I would surmise that, contractually, "crossing the ts and dotting the is" was done and no "gun jumping" occurred.

Now, one can imagine the furore on here if Allen had been dropped whilst there was still a meeting to be held - and a decision to be made - by other authorities.

Keep going though, mate, one of these days you will get what you wish for: but it might just remove a reason to exist, for some :o

While you like to keep Screm in his place your statement is a little flawed by saying there was no "gun jumping" it is obvious someone was unaware that their was going to be a problem with Jake when he was signed (whatever the reason)so someone in the Management Team misunderstood the rules(we are all human )therefore we have a situation which can cause "discussions" but you want to jump down someone's throat for daring to question it.(trivial or not).usual from you in your virtual world.

While you like to keep Screm in his place your statement is a little flawed by saying there was no "gun jumping" it is obvious someone was unaware that their was going to be a problem with Jake when he was signed (whatever the reason)so someone in the Management Team misunderstood the rules(we are all human )therefore we have a situation which can cause "discussions" but you want to jump down someone's throat for daring to question it.(trivial or not).usual from you in your virtual world.

May I refer you to the above: the two highlighted statements are fundamentally incompatible.

With your permission of course Scott, may I use this statement made by Dennis McLeary on 1st Dec 2014 on the Berwick website.

''Jake will bring a CMA of 5.00 to the squad, becoming a Berwick club asset after the required number of matches''