British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

Agree with you on Allen I think Barker will be over 9

I take it you haven't whitnessed TJ around Berwick?

What a complete mess of team-building we have made presuming Allen is a 7

Especailly after it seemed we had a winning formula in 2014

Edited by GLagutaWorldChampion2015

There's no point in sugar coating it, Jake Allens Aussie Champs scores have been less than impressive

Edited by Shads
  • Like 3

Especailly after it seemed we had a winning formula in 2014

A formula you spent most of the year slagging off....

There's no point in sugar coating it, Jake Allens Aussie Champs scores have been less than impressive

Jake Allen is currently the 'best of the rest' -- the leading scorer amoug those Aussie Title contesetants who have yet to race overseas. He is worth the punt, given the alternative would be to use other people's ageing assets.

Hopefully on five, but even on seven.

• Like 2

Jake Allen is currently the 'best of the rest' -- the leading scorer amoug those Aussie Title contesetants who have yet to race overseas. He is worth the punt, given the alternative would be to use other people's ageing assets.

Still a definate yes from me on jake, he is indeed the best of the rest. He will only be a 7.00 for 12 meetings then the team can strengthen and kick on with a much needed new asset.

• Like 1

What's the benefit of an asset when he can't get a new work permit if he doesn't hit a 7 in 2 years?

In fact what's the benefit of an asset?

But what if he does hit 7 in 2 years?

The benifit of an asset is no loan fees and first call on them like Redcar had this year with Matej Kus

• Like 1

Still a definate yes from me on jake, he is indeed the best of the rest. He will only be a 7.00 for 12 meetings then the team can strengthen and kick on with a much needed new asset.

Last season Berwick raced their twelfth meeting that would qualify for averages towards the end of May, admittedly there were a number of rain offs that extended the date, something similar next season and one or two home defeats along the way while we carry Allen before strengthening would probably see our season virtually over.

Its a gamble but I think Berwick will sign Allen, a new asset is very attractive, but they will need a reserve who will be a big scorer and capable of upping his average, something similar to Jensen or Kus while they were at reserve last season. It would be unrealistic to ask Barker to increase his average, he is a top rider with a top average, Jorgensen will take time to settle and his starting average is good, no disrespect to Edberg or Doolan but can anyone see any significant increase in their averages, no.

Let's hope for your sake he's more Adam Shields than Kurt Shields Edited by Shads

A formula you spent most of the year slagging off....

As usual your incorrect, as he isnt 'the best of the rest' as Brodie Waters has more points than him, good effort though spouting more garbage in such a smug manner

• Like 1

More words of wisdom from one of the few universally respected posters on here.

• Like 1

If Berwick are looking to build an asset base then I think they should go for a punt on the lad, but his proper average won't kick in until he has done 6 home and 6 away meetings, and they have to be League meetings, League cup and KOC fixtures don't count.

It could be mid May before his true average kicks in.

If Berwick are looking to build an asset base then I think they should go for a punt on the lad, but his proper average won't kick in until he has done 6 home and 6 away meetings, and they have to be League meetings, League cup and KOC fixtures don't count.

I think you will find it's 4 home and 4 away to get an average and become an asset these days and League Cup DO count, or at least that was most definitely the case last year.

Rule 16.2.1 confirms applicable matches as

Premier League:

League Cup mini-League Meetings & regular League Meetings

and 16.2.9 confirms the number of fixtures

An EL or PL Rider starting the season with an Assessed MA will have a new Established MA

upon completing 4 Home and 4 Away fixtures, which becomes effective 7 days after the last

qualifying Meeting. Should an Established MA not be achieved in order to be effective from

1st May, then the MC may issue a revised MA, based upon actual rides if the Team redeclares.

What's the benefit of an asset when he can't get a new work permit if he doesn't hit a 7 in 2 years?

In fact what's the benefit of an asset?

The benefit of an asset is so your club doesn't get fined for having "too weak" an asset list like Glasgow did last year.

The wisdom of the BSPA, fining a club struggling financially.

• Like 1

The benefit of an asset is so your club doesn't get fined for having "too weak" an asset list like Glasgow did last year.

The wisdom of the BSPA, fining a club struggling financially.

What fine was that. A bond is required with a set level. A club is expected to have an assets value, and if it is short of the bond level, the difference has to be made up with a further sum kept on file.

Rule 16.2.1 confirms applicable matches as

Premier League:

League Cup mini-League Meetings & regular League Meetings

and 16.2.9 confirms the number of fixtures

An EL or PL Rider starting the season with an Assessed MA will have a new Established MA

upon completing 4 Home and 4 Away fixtures, which becomes effective 7 days after the last

qualifying Meeting. Should an Established MA not be achieved in order to be effective from

1st May, then the MC may issue a revised MA, based upon actual rides if the Team redeclares.

I take it you are quoting from the 2014 regs or are the 2015 out already??