British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

This is totally out of the box, it dosn't look like the club is looking at a team in depth as last year, straight in with a No1. So why not push the boat out with new assets, might work brilliantly might struggle, but would set the club up for 2016.

So here goes:-

1. Barker 8.91

2. Allen 7.00

3. Jorgensson 7.09

4. ZDNEK HOLUB 5.00

5. JACK HOLDER 7.00

6. Edberg 3,84

7. TOM PERRY or 3,00

BEN MORLEY

DAN HALSEY

BENHOPWOOD

• Like 1

if there is a berwick speedway in 2016

This is totally out of the box, it dosn't look like the club is looking at a team in depth as last year, straight in with a No1. So why not push the boat out with new assets, might work brilliantly might struggle, but would set the club up for 2016.

1. Barker 8.91

2. Allen 7.00

3. Jorgensson 7.09

4. ZDNEK HOLUB 5.00

5. JACK HOLDER 7.00

6. Edberg 3,84

7. TOM PERRY or 3,00

BEN MORLEY

DAN HALSEY

BENHOPWOOD

holder off to Plymouth and ben Hopwood Really?!! Edited by Goodiepatchie

1. Barker 8.91

2. Allen 7.00

3. Jorgensson 7.09

4. ZDNEK HOLUB 5.00

5. JACK HOLDER 7.00

6. Edberg 3,84

7. TOM PERRY or 3,00

BEN MORLEY

DAN HALSEY

BENHOPWOOD

Seriously?

Seriously?

I said it was 'OUT OF THE BOX'

We need some lateral thinking, as it looks like it will be a team of leftovers, showing us the in the bottom 3 again. The 2014 team in depth worked, 4th in PL, previously with a No1 ish (or a name) bottom 3. Surely that speaks for itself. Berwick does not have the luxury of being able to assemble a competitive team like Edinburgh or Ipswich or buy a winning team like Glasgow.

if there is a berwick speedway in 2016

holder off to Plymouth and ben Hopwood Really?!!

I suggested 4 names from the NL that would fit in, as there is very little left that is any good between a 3 & 4 average.

1. Barker 8.91

2. Allen 7.00

3. Jorgensson 7.09

4. ZDNEK HOLUB 5.00

5. JACK HOLDER 7.00

6. Edberg 3,84

7. TOM PERRY or 3,00

BEN MORLEY

DAN HALSEY

BENHOPWOOD

1. Barker 8.91

2. Allen 7.00

3. Jorgensson 7.09

4. ZDNEK HOLUB 5.00

5. JACK HOLDER 7.00

6. Edberg 3,84

7. TOM PERRY or 3,00

BEN MORLEY

DAN HALSEY

BENHOPWOOD

I said it was 'OUT OF THE BOX'

We need some lateral thinking, as it looks like it will be a team of leftovers, showing us the in the bottom 3 again. The 2014 team in depth worked, 4th in PL, previously with a No1 ish (or a name) bottom 3. Surely that speaks for itself. Berwick does not have the luxury of being able to assemble a competitive team like Edinburgh or Ipswich or buy a winning team like Glasgow.

I suggested 4 names from the NL that would fit in, as there is very little left that is any good between a 3 & 4 average.

Would Holub not be a 7

Edited by Catch Me If You Can

Jake Allen not pulling up many trees in the Oz Champs.

The gamble might be getting bigger.

Not really, if he signs he is a assessed 7.00 rider (probably) making his debut in the UK. He was that before the Oz Championships, he will still be that when they are finished, it is a big ask for any newcomer to the UK irespective of their scores in their National Final.

He is also competing in a competitive field. The majority of the riders in the Oz Championship are established in the UK. He wont race in meetings where the field has riders like Sedgmen, North, Masters, Fricke, Doyle, Tungate, Grajczonek as his opposition very often

Not every Oz rider is going to be the next Chris Holder, some might just take their time and become established PL riders like a Tungate or Graczjonek.

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 1

Not really, if he signs he is a assessed 7.00 rider (probably) making his debut in the UK. He was that before the Oz Championships, he will still be that when they are finished, it is a big ask for any newcomer to the UK irespective of their scores in their National Final.

He is also competing in a competitive field. The majority of the riders in the Oz Championship are established in the UK. He wont race in meetings where the field has riders like Sedgmen, North, Masters, Fricke, Doyle, Tungate, Grajczonek as his opposition very often

Not every Oz rider is going to be the next Chris Holder, some might just take their time and become established PL riders like a Tungate or Graczjonek.

I dunno , being a supporter of a team who has had more than it's fair share of Aussie duds in recent seasons , i'd be a bit concerned at Jake Allen's scores over there .

• Like 3

I dunno , being a supporter of a team who has had more than it's fair share of Aussie duds in recent seasons , i'd be a bit concerned at Jake Allen's scores over there .

The gulf between the guys scoring and the guys who aren’t is massive. The big scoring riders in the meetings have all raced in excess of 70+ competitive meetings in the UK and are standout riders in the PL.

Previously, when the chasm in meetings raced wasn’t as wide, his scores were on par (last years Under 21). He appears to have “something”. If you are going with an asset, you should go all in with them, warts and all. They don’t become any more or less of a gamble on the back of a couple of meetings IMO.

I would imagine the person who has recommended him to Berwick is Dick Barrie, while not popular on here, Dick has seen enough meetings to know a rider and unlike many on here will have actually watched Allen race.

I would like to see Allen signed to break the general trend, the alternatives are riders like Pijper, Harrison, while reliable, they have reached their limit, or unknown, and untested 7.00 riders from the continent.

If it works, great, if not, bring in Pijper or Harrison etc.

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 2

Well I wish you good luck with him.

But bear in mind that Max Fricke only averaged 5.8 in his first season and he was reckoned to be a major talent in the making.

And Justin Sedgmen didn't average 7 last season (excluding bonus of course).

And do newcomers not have to reach their target within 2 seasons nowadays?

(Is the target with or without bonus?)

Would Holub not be a 7

Should come on a 5, but not sure lately where his status is

Cheque book speedway is the future :P

Hope it's not your cheque book Paul :D

Well I wish you good luck with him.

But bear in mind that Max Fricke only averaged 5.8 in his first season and he was reckoned to be a major talent in the making.

And Justin Sedgmen didn't average 7 last season (excluding bonus of course).

And do newcomers not have to reach their target within 2 seasons nowadays?

(Is the target with or without bonus?)

It looks as if this is the case, nothing has changed per visas, just immigration have been a bit lax, and BSPA took advantage.

Berwick wont be scoring as many points this season.. i.e less points paid out maybe to cover the signing of Barker or maybe cover losses

If Berwick wanted to compete at the top end this season Allen and Jorgenson would not have been signed

Close home matches and hopefully some good matches I'll settle for that with a Number One who WILL save the day i.e Grigory Laguta with Czestochowa

Edited by GLagutaWorldChampion2015

Berwick wont be scoring as many points this season.. i.e less points paid out maybe to cover the signing of Barker or maybe cover losses

If Berwick wanted to compete at the top end this season Allen and Jorgenson would not have been signed

Close home matches and hopefully some good matches I'll settle for that with a Number One who WILL save the day i.e Grigory Laguta with Czestochowa

I cannot honestly see Barker increasing his average, Allen will probably achieve at best about 4.5, I believe Dave Peat Jorgensson will do a good a job, but only attain about 7.5, if it's to be Edberg and Doolan, can you see any increase there. So, yes, Barker may be exciting but what about the other 6 riders. One rider does not make a team.