British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

he will be on the average he has gained.

Where do you get that from? It was certainly not the case until the BSPA started to ignore the UKBA in recent years.

It all started with Chris Kerr and nobody paid any attention to me when I said it would cause problems.

In 2013 all the changes were forced on us due to injury and all the changes that came with that

In 2012 as you say we used 17 riders, of those 17 10 of them were injured at some point during the season and we also made some big errors with signings at the start of the season and had to sack Filip Sitera after a handful of meetings to fit in replacements once again a lot of these changes were forced

In 2011 we had 3 riders who were replaced by injury and the other changes were getting rid of Tamas Sike why we signed him in the first place who knows and we replaced Charlie Gjedde who was garbage and was in the team for far too long

in 2010 6 of our 10 riders were injured at some point during the season forcing changes again

in 2009 we only had one injured rider but we also let William Lawson stay for way too long.

Every one knew that Gjedde was at Berwick simply so he could double up for Belle Vue, and really wanted to bet Newport, he was rubbish for a reason.

• Like 1

I love all the negative stuff on here :lol: at least we are having speedway next season lets be grateful for that what ever the team is i will be there just like to wish you all a Merry Xmas and happy new year especially Allan, Kev, Les .ps hope Santas good

• Like 1

Where do you get that from? It was certainly not the case until the BSPA started to ignore the UKBA in recent years.

It all started with Chris Kerr and nobody paid any attention to me when I said it would cause problems.

Ryan Douglas another case where it has been allowed to happen too.

sorry but no club should settle for just having speedway

if its not entertaining theres no point and the promotors are taking the micky out of the paying public

The Promotions can only sign 7 riders who they think will entertain and prepare a decent track,I don't count that as taking the micky it's the riders that do that at times,then the Promotion have act IMO .
  • Like 3

In 2013 all the changes were forced on us due to injury and all the changes that came with that

In 2012 as you say we used 17 riders, of those 17 10 of them were injured at some point during the season and we also made some big errors with signings at the start of the season and had to sack Filip Sitera after a handful of meetings to fit in replacements once again a lot of these changes were forced

In 2011 we had 3 riders who were replaced by injury and the other changes were getting rid of Tamas Sike why we signed him in the first place who knows and we replaced Charlie Gjedde who was garbage and was in the team for far too long

in 2010 6 of our 10 riders were injured at some point during the season forcing changes again

in 2009 we only had one injured rider but we also let William Lawson stay for way too long.

Therein lies one of the unfortunate, unpredictable elements of speedway.

You can build a great team, but you also need a bit of luck with injuries. I'll not even go down the Gjedde path :)

Last year it could be argued we went with Carr too long, however, many people want to see young British riders given a fair crack at things.

We did the right thing giving him a long run last season.

I suppose my point is that there needs to be a balance between being utterly ruthless and overly loyal.

• Like 1

Are you trying to tell me they are decenet riders?

Yes they are. They are both of similar ability to Jake Allen. Jake will do well at Berwick, he can gate and is good on the bigger tracks and in the last 12 months he has got the tight tracks worked out. He is a real talent and will be a good asset for the club Edited by sm00th

Therein lies one of the unfortunate, unpredictable elements of speedway.

You can build a great team, but you also need a bit of luck with injuries. I'll not even go down the Gjedde path :)

Last year it could be argued we went with Carr too long, however, many people want to see young British riders given a fair crack at things.

We did the right thing giving him a long run last season.

I suppose my point is that there needs to be a balance between being utterly ruthless and overly loyal.

Scott, it's a business, you need to do things when they need to be done, it's not rocket science after all. If a rider is under performing and you have attempted to do everything you can to overcome the problem, then. GET RID . before too much damage is done. I don't think it is ruthless at all, just good business. I am loyal to my suppliers, but, only as long as it is beneficial to me.

sorry but no club should settle for just having speedway

if its not entertaining theres no point and the promotors are taking the micky out of the paying public

A ridiculous post.

Tell that to the good citizens of Wimbledon, Hull, Oxford, Exeter, Bristol, Sunderland or Ellesmere Port.

• Like 2

A ridiculous post.

Tell that to the good citizens of Wimbledon, Hull, Oxford, Exeter, Bristol, Sunderland or Ellesmere Port.

We finished bottom of the pile last year. I'm not happy about that and have publicly slated the promotion for the team they put out, but I'd be devastated if we closed down.
  • Like 6