British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

I dont think anyone is arguing that Barker is not a good signing, they are talking about how you structure your line up to be competetive.

Think you are right

Love the squad idea, but sadly in a declining sport not enough riders to go around. I dislike doubling up in any form.

As I said dont think they are, they are questioning the way the team is being constructed.

Some you win some you lose, plenty good team managers on here

• Like 1

As a fan of a team that has strength throughout, I am keenly awaiting the reserve signings.

One reserve capable of sticking a point or two on their average is crucial. A second 3pt reserve would be fine.

Then a rider in the middle order who can interchange with a high-performing reserve.

It can still happen, we need to see who makes up the rest of the team!

Rusty and Theo would have been better options than TJ and Allen for the number of points

Except Theo is 35, Rusty is 33 (although both are admittedly younger than your hero Bunyan at 36) when season starts.

Jorgensen is 22, Jake Allen 19 (and will be an asset to the club).

Time and tide.

Edited by smod
  • Like 3

Except Theo is 35, Rusty is 33 (although both are admittedly younger than your hero Bunyan at 36) when season starts.

Jorgensen is 22, Jake Allen 19 (and will be an asset to the club).

Time and tide.

But Jorgensen as with Theo and Rusty is not a club asset therefore age should make no difference it's how good they are on the track

Signing Allen is understandable to build up the asset base but when it comes to riders on loan it should be the best available option

Some people may think Jorgensen is the best available option although I do agree with Robin and it would have been Theo or Rusty over Jorgensen for me

But then there are plenty of other riders I would have had over Theo and Rusty.

As a fan of a team that has strength throughout, I am keenly awaiting the reserve signings.

One reserve capable of sticking a point or two on their average is crucial. A second 3pt reserve would be fine.

Then a rider in the middle order who can interchange with a high-performing reserve.

To be honest Scott, running with someone like Barker at 8.91 ( nearly a 9.00 ave) I think both your reserves need to be in 4 to 5 average with a capability of exceeding a 6 ave, then swapping around with a higher average rider.

To be honest, this has been quite a good discussion, lots of opinions, without anybody getting personal. Makes a refreshing change, as out of discussion you can get answers.

Yes correct. Berwick certainly put a good 7 together last season which at least took them to play off. However, you never know in advance how it works. Barker can add something to your team apart from point scoring. He has a little bit of something with fans and can wind up opposition too. Not on too bad an average either. Will it work? who knows, but no doubt we will soon enough.

If Allen is signed on a seven it would be unrealistic to expect him to ride to that average, therefore at least one and probably two riders would need to make up any loss in averages with Allen, and a high scoring reserve would be an ideal rider, something similar to what Jensen did in the early part of last season and Kus after. Thing is I don't see that rider being Alex Edberg so we might to look at someone like Adam Ellis or if it were possible to get him to start at reserve and Longtrack meetings allowing Josef Franc.

we might to look at someone like Adam Ellis or if it were possible to get him to start at reserve and Longtrack meetings allowing Josef Franc.

Why sign a rider that'll miss meetings due to long track?

Your right I was just chucking names about, Franc is making a decent fist of things in the Longtrack GP`s so for him to give that up to fulfil all Berwick`s meetings is a non-starter I am afraid, but we need a rider with Franc`s scoring potential in the reserve position IMO.

Some of the longtrack meetings are mid-week these days. He'd probably only mis around four meetings. ( with a full facility ) A lot of people on here have mentioned Edward Krcmar as a possibility ! He would miss an awfull lot more meetings, UEM U-19s, UEM U21s, World U21s, World U21 Team Cup, World Team Cup, Czech Championship all being a very probable, Matej Kus and David Bellego missed meetings last year ! Unfortunately it's all part of employing European riders.

Some of the longtrack meetings are mid-week these days. He'd probably only mis around four meetings. ( with a full facility ) A lot of people on here have mentioned Edward Krcmar as a possibility ! He would miss an awfull lot more meetings, UEM U-19s, UEM U21s, World U21s, World U21 Team Cup, World Team Cup, Czech Championship all being a very probable, Matej Kus and David Bellego missed meetings last year ! Unfortunately it's all part of employing European riders.

While you may be right, and I don't want any rider missing meetings, the attraction of signing the likes of Krcmar is that we could have a valuable asset on the books.

Andre Compton and Ben Wilson still available , I know Wilson is 4.85 but don't know Andre's average , Wilson only made available to other teams at the start of last week !

You know when all the teams are nearly full and Sheffield had sorted their injury and work permits out , shocking IMO.

Ben was on the pace immediately when he was included in the Sheffield team, impressed me allot and would have liked to see him in a tigers jacket in 2015.