British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

Had the same problems last year, maybe things should be made clearer though.

Would be easier if they said it would be a 7.00 average and anything after that would be a bonus, now teams potentially have to think about there line ups.

apparently all Aussies should always have been 7 but the bspa changed it to 5... According to another thread.

think its the visa and immigration dept have clamped down, reading between the lines.

And about time they did to. I like to see good foreign riders as much as the next fan, but too many times the person is only so-so brought in on an artificially low average at the expense of blooding a brit.

why are the promoters running the sport? Independent body

One of the recommendations of the Shawcross report from the mid sixties was the establishment of an independent body to run the sport , 50 years later we're still waiting

Allen has aleady shown he can outpace Kozza, Ryan Douglas, Nelson & co in Australia this year. Seven or five, Berwick should be ensuring he joins them, becoming an asset.

Completely agree.

the bloke who invented the hokey cokey died last week in brazil, it took them 4 days to get him buried as they couldnt get him in the coffin

They put his left leg in.....

More top class humour from Arson Fire :approve:

apparently all Aussies should always have been 7 but the bspa changed it to 5... According to another thread.

Not really sure why the powers are making it so hard for the aussies who have been a staple part of british speedway from the beginning.

They normally fully commit to there clubs, live in the country when racing and are part of the commonwealth.

In the case of the two new aussies they have more credentials in seniors than the other one coming in on a european passport.

They have finished in the top three of a state title, and i fear they may never get the chance again which includes a lot of the young aussies.

Junior

Not really sure why the powers are making it so hard for the aussies who have been a staple part of british speedway from the beginning.

They normally fully commit to there clubs, live in the country when racing and are part of the commonwealth.

In the case of the two new aussies they have more credentials in seniors than the other one coming in on a european passport.

They have finished in the top three of a state title, and i fear they may never get the chance again which includes a lot of the young aussies.

Junior

Think that is bad, try getting a visa to work in Australia, its the most difficult process known to man.

If what has been rumoured is true and they have to attain the assesed average with 2 years then its a good thing imo, to get a visa you have or should be near the top of the tree or have the potential to be, Aussies have came over for years on 5 point averages, which is no better than a bog standard second string...which we have plenty of our own.

I think 7 is right really... Then its up to promotions to decide if its worth the gamble and also the rider to prove they are good enough.

Still don't understand Jorgenson

really you've never mentioned it

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY HE HAS BEEN SIGNED ON 7.09 AVERAGE?

Could this be explained to me please?

quite simple Robin a rider rides a season an what points he scores are used to calculate his average Edited by Goodiepatchie
  • Like 2

think its the visa and immigration dept have clamped down, reading between the lines.

They introduced a set of rules to be followed about 2 yrs ago, just the promoters trying to push their luck, and have been caught lacking.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY HE HAS BEEN SIGNED ON 7.09 AVERAGE?

Could this be explained to me please?

I hope Dave Peat dosn't mind, but he told me he will do welll for Berwick, needed a change of scenery, a bit like Kus. Like you I still am not sure, But I do trust Dave, so hope he is right.

Junior

Austrailia is classed as a foreign country, same as USA, South Africa etc. You cannot have one rule for one foreign country different to another, they must be treated equally. Remember their visa is generally only to ride speedway, and does not permit them to earn any other income from normal employment.

The Commonwealth means nothing, other than they used to be part of The British Empire, which hopefully is in our distant past. Austrailia is now an independantly run country, and has no longer anything to do with the UK, except it's history

spot on, don't think its the bspa though

Yes it is, it's the Promoters trying to fiddle the ruling

Edited by TOURETTES