British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

Anyone else think Adam Ellis would be a good signing for Berwick at reserve?

If he lived in Alnwick instead of France, and wasn't already signed up to ride in the other two leagues, you mean?

Not overly cocerned but even the usual rumour mill/jungle telegraph seems devoid of any thoughts on rest of team. Many of the others teams already completed and as such the choice of riders are getting slimmer ( not neccesarilly poorer ) . Maybe all is well and deals are done but even the bandits website hasnt been updated since before matej was signed by redcar. Even if no riders signed yet would be good to keep updating fans whether just to say we are speaking to riders etc.

But the fans are being updated regularly by the Black and Gold Bulletin. If they have the capability of looking at the website, they have the capability of receiving the e-mails.

Websites will remain useful tools for fixture-listing, standard info on getting to the stadium and the like, but are really outdated by media such as Facebook and e-newsletters.

If he lived in Alnwick instead of France, and wasn't already signed up to ride in the other two leagues, you mean?

But the fans are being updated regularly by the Black and Gold Bulletin. If they have the capability of looking at the website, they have the capability of receiving the e-mails.

Websites will remain useful tools for fixture-listing, standard info on getting to the stadium and the like, but are really outdated by media such as Facebook and e-newsletters.

The problem with relying on Facebook, the majority of fans are in their dotage and in many cases do not use social media. So by placing the emphasis for supplying information on social mesia , the vast majority are not recieving any information. It is thetrefore the resposibility of the Promotion to supply information in all formats, not just social media

• Like 3

15 places still available in PL with 9 of those between ourselfs and newcastle so will be interesting to see who ends up where. Can well imagine Doolañ and Edberg will be back so who fills the final 2 places is anybodys guess.

Andre Compton and Ben Wilson still available , I know Wilson is 4.85 but don't know Andre's average , Wilson only made available to other teams at the start of last week !

You know when all the teams are nearly full and Sheffield had sorted their injury and work permits out , shocking IMO.

The problem with relying on Facebook, the majority of fans are in their dotage and in many cases do not use social media. So by placing the emphasis for supplying information on social mesia , the vast majority are not recieving any information. It is thetrefore the resposibility of the Promotion to supply information in all formats, not just social media

I'm sure I have read about the Bandits in the local press?

Advertiser, Southern & Berwickshire, only about 7000 circulation, I am OK with social media but a lot are not. The main points eventually get into The Speedway Star and the press, usuall the same source. Supporters club events for an example, are pretty well only by social media. I think what I am trying to say is, if every angle is covered, it can only be good for speedway in Berwick.

Bandits are regularly in the press (as mention in your first sentence).

Do you mean there needs to be more advertising of events?

I agree the further you spread the message the better. I think the club does a pretty good job, but know they are always looking to improve that.

Maybe generic posters that have a blank space to write details on to, e.g. next meeting, or the event details?

15 places still available in PL with 9 of those between ourselfs and newcastle so will be interesting to see who ends up where. Can well imagine Doolañ and Edberg will be back so who fills the final 2 places is anybodys guess.

Berwick have a habit of pulling rabbits out of hats (Alden, Bellego and Jensen were all totally-unexpected when signed) so your promotion shouldn't be written off just yet.

But please don't heed your pal Robin's pleas about Jason Bunyan. He would, I regret (as Jason has had a solid career) be absolutely wrong in so many ways.

• Like 1

Bandits are regularly in the press (as mention in your first sentence).

Do you mean there needs to be more advertising of events?

I agree the further you spread the message the better. I think the club does a pretty good job, but know they are always looking to improve that.

Maybe generic posters that have a blank space to write details on to, e.g. next meeting, or the event details?

I do think a massive amount of extra effort could be put into a generic poster, I have a feeling that they produce a generic poster but rely on it to distribute itself all on it's own, it needs a person to place every poster in every sort of retail outlet, I have so many people pop in to see what is going on, in most cases I can sort of help, but of course only with the info I am furnished with, so the assumption is they are not receiving the info for what ever reason.

I do think a massive amount of extra effort could be put into a generic poster, I have a feeling that they produce a generic poster but rely on it to distribute itself all on it's own, it needs a person to place every poster in every sort of retail outlet, I have so many people pop in to see what is going on, in most cases I can sort of help, but of course only with the info I am furnished with, so the assumption is they are not receiving the info for what ever reason.

Sounds like a good idea. People are very lazy and need the info. fed to them.

I know I am like that!

coverage in the Berwick Advertiser is the same as what's in the S Star , as for the Southern Reporter its virtually non existent . Perhaps a flyer inserted into the local papers now and again might be an idea , also a few flyers placed in fast food outlets might help spread the word

Andre Compton and Ben Wilson still available , I know Wilson is 4.85 but don't know Andre's average , Wilson only made available to other teams at the start of last week !

You know when all the teams are nearly full and Sheffield had sorted their injury and work permits out , shocking IMO.

Ben Wilson is a decent shout

Very doubtful IMO ,he is not even an asset.

Wouldn't have Robin on any shopping list of mine , another rider who seemed to keep his best performances for the Swedish leagues

• Like 1

think its the visa and immigration dept have clamped down, reading between the lines.

Had the same problems last year, maybe things should be made clearer though.

Would be easier if they said it would be a 7.00 average and anything after that would be a bonus, now teams potentially have to think about there line ups.