British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

don't think we will score as points as a unit this season.....

don't think we had a plan b either

who made the decision to sign Thomas jorgenson?

Who makes these baffling signings at Berwick?

What a pessimist you are for sure! Jorgensen has the makings of improving again in 2015. Is a rider who will outscore Bellego away (seems to be replaced by Jorgensen according to press) I saw him a lot on different tracks last season and has bags potential. Has he run over your foot or something with a bike?

Over the years we have made some baffling signings

Robin has got a point

William Lawson springs to mind.

Robin, if thats his name is beyond redemption!. The Lawson one must have been years ago.by way, rightly or wrongly.

Edited by Catch Me If You Can
  • Like 2

Lawson like TJ could ride the away tracks. I hasten to add William the Great rode Berwick better than what TJ did

So I ask again who makes these baffling signings?

After a year of scoring good points home and also away

Are we trying to score less points as a septet?

Same question with Allen

The formula the club put together last year for all intensive purposes seemed to work,

Edited by JDoyleSpeedwayChampion

What a pessimist you are for sure! Jorgensen has the makings of improving again in 2015. Is a rider who will outscore Bellego away (seems to be replaced by Jorgensen according to press) I saw him a lot on different tracks last season and has bags potential. Has he run over your foot or something with a bike?

Robin, if thats his name is beyond redemption!. The Lawson one must have been years ago.by way, rightly or wrongly.

not everyone is a happy clapper you know :)

Never mind rightly or wrongly - Lawson was a horror

That being said Matthew Wethers did an admirable job from the Monarchs

Never mind rightly or wrongly - Lawson was a horror

That being said Matthew Wethers did an admirable job from the Monarchs

Probably a bit too much emphasis on signing a particular rider, as opposed to assembling a competetive team. This year was the 1st time since taking over from PW that we had something that you could call competetive, no Prima Donas, just a competetive team. Get straight back to that formula, same goes for the track, the promotion prepared a brilliant racing surface for the FIM under 21s, stick to it, it works.

Edited by TOURETTES

Probably a bit too much emphasis on signing a particular rider, as opposed to assembling a competetive team. This year was the 1st time since taking over from PW that we had something that you could call competetive, no Prima Donas, just a competetive team. Get straight back to that formula, same goes for the track, the promotion prepared a brilliant racing surface for the FIM under 21s, stick to it, it works.

Totally agree Taffy, it is all about the shape of the whole team for me.

It's also very difficult to asses the teams on paper as well. I was not at all sure about Kus as a signing at the beginning of last season: but he certainly turned my views round when he started getting hard-fought crucial points in heat 15 and beating several top riders.

We'll all have our views when we see the final team, but only after a few meetings will be really get a feel for how it will perform.

Will we get the strength in depth that you and I prefer, or a team of tope heat leaders as some others prefer?

It's at least keeping things interesting during the close season!

Not overly cocerned but even the usual rumour mill / jungle telegraph seems devoid of any thoughts on rest of team. Many of the others teams already completed and as such the choice of riders are getting slimmer ( not neccesarilly poorer ) . Maybe all is well and deals are done but even the bandits website hasnt been updated since before matej was signed by redcar. Even if no riders signed yet would be good to keep updating fans whether just to say we are speaking to riders etc.

• Like 1

The old PW principle treat them mean get them cheap.

Think the promotion believe the fans like the mystery.

Tell you what he told me, have a drink with a rider, never make friends with them, you going to have sack them some time. Pretty goog phylosophy on my book. I would say he got them at a sensible price, so to earn their point money they had to win. :shock: