British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

I get that, though I would've signed him as it seems that Berwick were keen to as well, Kus IMO is a confidence rider, came into 2014 with his confidence low then we all saw the difference a few big scores made once he dropped to reserve admittedly. Maybe he will keep that up in 2015, if he does Redcar have a cracking signing, if he doesn't he might end up back at Berwick in 2016 on a reduced average.

Not very often I correct you Screm. Matej was on a massive low in 2013, he went to Austrailia pre Xmas, rode well, picked him up big time. When He signed for Berwick he was the most confident I had seen in a few years, so please stand corrected. :wink:

Maybe Berwick got the best out of Kus last season, after all he did spend most of it from reserve, and some could argue he did struggle once he moved into the main body of the team, as an example Vissing (on a similar average) would be a better rider to have in the main body of the team and would be backed up strongly by Barker.

Remember when we missed out on micky dyer? and we all know what happened there.

I don't think Kus did struggle when he moved up, but I do think that he reached his level.

Certainly a massive improvement throughout the season.

In full flow he is a very classy rider with a beautiful style.

I always admire any sportsman who comes back from a low point in such style. Takes tremendous character to be able to do that.

• Like 3

I don't think Kus did struggle when he moved up, but I do think that he reached his level.

Certainly a massive improvement throughout the season.

In full flow he is a very classy rider with a beautiful style.

I always admire any sportsman who comes back from a low point in such style. Takes tremendous character to be able to do that.

His style always reminded me of Rymel, nor surprising as they shared the same garage at Marketa, probably not as exciting to watch as Adrian. Like you I feel he did OK in the main body, it was the clubs luck that he rode at reserve for that period. I also believe there was little bit more to come, closer to an eight Average.

He reminds me of Rymel too, but maybe not as aggressive when behind.

I think there is a wee improvement to come,too, he was tremendous round Redcar last year, so I'm not surprised they want him!

As I said previously Brian praised him highly at Redcar in 2013, he new the problem with Matej, and was willing to stick with him. He probably needed that year away to get his head back together.

• Like 1

So whats happening with Jake Allen now on 7 point average??

Massive gamble to sign a rider with his experience of racing over here, but we need new assets, so it might be an idea to sign him and at least one other new asset and let them get true averages before making a change or two before the PL gets into full swing. Thing is if the team starts losing at home during that time its bound to have a detrimental affect on an already dwindling crowd.

Back to the drawing board i suspect made go with the fans plan if your looking for share holders

The thing is if Jake had been on a 5 then its a no brainer you bring the lad in he has undoubtedly got talent and on 5 hes got a 1in 4 chance of hitting his average so its worth a go the odds double to make a seven. We do need assests both from the point of view of giving the club a decent asset base but you need to be smart about it.

If it was mid season and we were in the bottom half of the table yes bring Jake and all his mate in on a seven with the hope you find a couple of gems for the following season otherwise think about it we don't want no Ballotelli's at Berwick.

don't think we will score as points as a unit this season.....

don't think we had a plan b either

who made the decision to sign Thomas jorgenson?

Who makes these baffling signings at Berwick?

Nothing could be more baffling than your posts on here
  • Like 6

Back to the drawing board i suspect made go with the fans plan if your looking for share holders

The thing is if Jake had been on a 5 then its a no brainer you bring the lad in he has undoubtedly got talent and on 5 hes got a 1in 4 chance of hitting his average so its worth a go the odds double to make a seven. We do need assests both from the point of view of giving the club a decent asset base but you need to be smart about it.

If it was mid season and we were in the bottom half of the table yes bring Jake and all his mate in on a seven with the hope you find a couple of gems for the following season otherwise think about it we don't want no Ballotelli's at Berwick.

Whether it be on a five or a seven the kid still has the same ability, and we need new assets. Maybe we should've been bringing in a new asset or two each year over the last season or two, but of course hindsight is a wonderful thing.

• Like 1

Whether it be on a five or a seven the kid still has the same ability, and we need new assets. Maybe we should've been bringing in a new asset or two each year over the last season or two, but of course hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Obviously not a betting man Screm the point of my post is about work the percentages to your advantage and that becomes matter less if you are not challenging at the half way point but as you have aptly said previously we need to be competitive from the word go or we are in the poo.

Edited by havenagotahope
  • Like 1