British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

Surely, the owning club should be asked first if the rider is available for loan, before agreeing terms with the rider. It's the owning clubs prerogative to use one of their own assets. In this case I think Mr Havvy is getting some unfair flack. Also, the rider can refuse to sign if he wants to ride for another club. Even though Havvy said the only way Matty could leave would be on a full transfer, if push came to shove money from a loan deal is better than no money at all!

• Like 3

Surely, the owning club should be asked first if the rider is available for loan, before agreeing terms with the rider. It's the owning clubs prerogative to use one of their own assets. In this case I think Mr Havvy is getting some unfair flack. Also, the rider can refuse to sign if he wants to ride for another club. Even though Havvy said the only way Matty could leave would be on a full transfer, if push came to shove money from a loan deal is better than no money at all!

Exactly Kus did not put up much of fight to get back to Berwick.

But what happens if Kus did sign a 2 year real last year.

It looks like a loan was agreed, then it has been reneged upon.

Looks like loan deal was discussed but until all parties know what their requirements are nothing is agreed. Redcar would have their own plans which probably didn't include Kus, but when they get scuppered and own assets approached without permission then plans B, C & D have to be looked at - I would guess it was at this stage that Kus was deemed best option for the Bears

If (and at present it's a big IF) Allen is assessed at 7.00 then do Berwick really want Kus?? that would leave you with just under 12 for 3 riders - no1 barker back ups Jorgensen & Kus then Allen and three 4 point riders (or variation) - to me that make up would bring many comments about being weak.

Big issue that needs sorting is Allen's availability and how many points is he going to take :blink:

If (and at present it's a big IF) Allen is assessed at 7.00 then do Berwick really want Kus?? that would leave you with just under 12 for 3 riders - no1 barker back ups Jorgensen & Kus then Allen and three 4 point riders (or variation) - to me that make up would bring many comments about being weak.

Big issue that needs sorting is Allen's availability and how many points is he going to take :blink:

I would say this could work in our favour losing Kus with the chances of Allen coming in on a 7 point average getting higher and higher if we added Kus in to the mix we would look seriously weak at the bottom end.

Lots of issues to be ironed out I wouldn't be signing anyone until Allens average is sorted out.

Looks like loan deal was discussed but until all parties know what their requirements are nothing is agreed. Redcar would have their own plans which probably didn't include Kus, but when they get scuppered and own assets approached without permission then plans B, C & D have to be looked at - I would guess it was at this stage that Kus was deemed best option for the Bears

I would say this could work in our favour losing Kus with the chances of Allen coming in on a 7 point average getting higher and higher if we added Kus in to the mix we would look seriously weak at the bottom end.

Lots of issues to be ironed out I wouldn't be signing anyone until Allens average is sorted out.

Bother very valid and interesting posts.

As the saying goes, every cloud has a silver lining...

• Like 1

If the BSPA wasn't a private club, run by themselves for the benefit of themselves, most of what they do would be illegal under EU employment law, let allone UK law

i am genuinely surprised someone has not tested this in law

maybe because of the relatively low sums of money involved no one has

but wait until a Ward or Holder, etc falls out with a club and then see what happens

having said all that there is some serious rubbish being talked by disappointed Bandits - he's a Bears asset and if he agrees terms - thats it end of - if he's wanted to stay at Berwick hw could probably have nade it happen or just not ride here

It looks like a loan was agreed, then it has been reneged upon.

how do you actually know this???

• Like 1

It will surely be tested at some point.

I certainly wouldn't have expected Kus to choose not riding PL at all as an option, though.

He could always go back to Redcar and under perform. Won't be worth that 21k if he's back on a five point average next year.

At the end of the day he was a Redcar rider and they always had first call on him, he done a great job for us in 2014 and if he really wanted to be a bandit in 2015 he could have just refused to ride for redcar. Paul Clews was a Birmingham asset but only wanted to ride for Berwick a few years ago and made sure it happened. I guess Matej has been offered a contract at Redcar that suits him so time to move on.

Our own Czech Pepe Franc is much better value on 5.67 than Kus on 7.52, so we do have a ready made replacement that leaves us more points should Jake Allen have to come on 7.00.

• Like 2

At the end of the day he was a Redcar rider and they always had first call on him, he done a great job for us in 2014 and if he really wanted to be a bandit in 2015 he could have just refused to ride for redcar. Paul Clews was a Birmingham asset but only wanted to ride for Berwick a few years ago and made sure it happened. I guess Matej has been offered a contract at Redcar that suits him so time to move on.

Our own Czech Pepe Franc is much better value on 5.67 than Kus on 7.52, so we do have a ready made replacement that leaves us more points should Jake Allen have to come on 7.00.

Mind Neil, although I welcome Barker with open arms, he is not coming in a bargain fee, probably one of the most expensive riders in the PL. So much for our club claiming they are struggling financially, hardly balancing the books is it.. As said Matej is a Redcar asset, and it is up to that club as to where he rides, if he was my asset i would want him back.

Mind Neil, although I welcome Barker with open arms, he is not coming in a bargain fee, probably one of the most expensive riders in the PL. So much for our club claiming they are struggling financially, hardly balancing the books is it.. As said Matej is a Redcar asset, and it is up to that club as to where he rides, if he was my asset i would want him back.

I thought it was only Glasgow that were allowed to sign expensive riders? :party::cheers:

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 1