British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

What did the other reserve at the time score though.I was at Workington and I think Steen had double figures and a fall in his last race.Still that's history here's hoping we have another decent season.

What did the number 1 score? About par.

With Barker, a big race winner (something Berwick lacked last season against the stronger sides) it is offering the chance to have a good season.

What did the number 1 score? About par.

With Barker, a big race winner (something Berwick lacked last season against the stronger sides) it is offering the chance to have a good season.

the point I am making is to win away from home you must have1 good reserve scoring big points even if you have good No1 depending on who we sign potentially we could be weak in reserve department .

I don’t think it’s as simple as that.

Theoretically you could have the scenario as follows:

1. 12 pts

2. 5 pts

3. 7 pts

4. 7 pts

5. 9 pts

6. 3 pts

7. 3 pts

Or several others...

It really depends on how the team performs.

I maintain that if we sign Edberg, we will have at least one strong reserve.

Theoretically you could have the scenario as follows:

1. 12 pts

2. 5 pts

3. 7 pts

4. 7 pts

5. 9 pts

6. 3 pts

7. 3 pts

Or several others...

It really depends on how the team performs.

I maintain that if we sign Edberg, we will have at least one strong reserve.

the whole post is pretty much wrong :)

To be successful away from home, you seem to need one good reserve, not two. Plus a solid team, with at least one middle-order man stepping up with a big score.

In 2014:

Bandits won at Worky: No 1 scored 7+1, the top scorer rode at 5 and got 12, the reserves scored 1 and 11+1.

Bandits won at Plymouth: No 1 scored 8+1, the top scorer rode at 5 and got 10+2, the reserves scored 3 and 13+1.

Bandits won at Redcar: No 1 scored 11 (top scorer) the reserves scored 0 and 7+1

Bandits won at Redcar (again): No 1 scored 2+1, top scorer rode at 3 and got 11, reserves scored 4+2 and 12.

Bandits won at Glasgow: No 1 scored 9+1, top scorer rode at 3 and got 12+2, reserves scored 2+1 and 8+1.

In the KO Cup (draw) at Sheffield, No 1 scored 8+2, top scorer rode at 4 and got 17, reserves scored 0 and 13 (the 13 coming from Thomas Jorgensen!)

Edited by crescent girl

what happened against anyone who was half decent? away from home?

Basically, Bandits strength-in-depth line-up needed seven riders to succeed on the road.

Won at Worky, Redcar, Plymouth, Glasgow and Redcar again with regular 1-7.

Lost at Newcastle, Edinburgh, Rye House, Sheffield and Peterborough with r/r.

Moral: Although injuries are inevitable, avoid signing riders who will miss matches......

Basically, Bandits strength-in-depth line-up needed seven riders to succeed on the road.

Won at Worky, Redcar, Plymouth, Glasgow and Redcar again with regular 1-7.

Kus or Jensen at reserve for 4 of those and Jorgensen (guest) at another. Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Jorgensen didn't do an away league match for Berwick.

That apart, your point is?

I know, it was the KOC at Sheffield, I was there

Why are you so defensive?

Edited by Shads

That's a statement that could very well come back to bite you.

Not at all, my views are unaffected by whosoever chooses, or signs for, the team.

One point I'm pleased about - as Ben Barker isn't going to race for Coventry, his Berwick commitments will take precedent over his riding at any of the other EL sides if the original PL fixture-list is maintained.

I know, it was the KOC at Sheffield, I was there

Why are you so defensive?

I didn't get your point as Jensen, then Kus, were Bandits' reserves from March until September, through good matches and bad results.

I was observing that it was r/r which created Berwick's problems, not who was at reserve....

Go and get the nappies ready.

Edited by crescent girl