British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

Who'd be stupid enough to buy a season ticket before any riders are announced?

This is what i don't get, clubs expecting fans top pay up front with no guarentee of discounts generally for season tickets before a team has been announced. At leats once the team has been announced you can decide if you think you'll save money due to KOC and play-off meetings. Plus speedway season tickets rarely result in any discount, compare them to other sports and they're terrible value for money.

Then you find out in June that they're going to run a meeting or two on a random day of the week at a random time and you can't go so suddenly you lose money as a season ticket holder. Speedway fans are mugs!

Edited by SCB

Don't you get it, no team sponsor yet. Finding a new team sponsor will be the most important signing.

dont think they get it announce some signings even just one then maybe potential sponsors might be tempted to put some cash in but if there are no announced signings the product doesn't look as attractive seems perfect logic to me but for some reason not to the powers that be

This is what i don't get, clubs expecting fans top pay up front with no guarentee of discounts generally for season tickets before a team has been announced. At leats once the team has been announced you can decide if you think you'll save money due to KOC and play-off meetings. Plus speedway season tickets rarely result in any discount, compare them to other sports and they're terrible value for money.

Then you find out in June that they're going to run a meeting or two on a random day of the week at a random time and you can't go so suddenly you lose money as a season ticket holder. Speedway fans are mugs!

Most Premier League football clubs have waiting lists. Buying a season ticket makes sense to guarantee admission and you're regular seat. Speedway season tickets make no sense unless they are well discounted.
  • Like 1

done this way for yearsthat I can remember

yeah every year that I can remember thing is in the days before social media we didnt get to know till Thursday when the star or advertiser came out

Most Premier League football clubs have waiting lists. Buying a season ticket makes sense to guarantee admission and you're regular seat. Speedway season tickets make no sense unless they are well discounted.

the reduction on a season ticket is so low that they ain't worth buying if you plan to go on holiday and miss a couple of meetings

yeah every year that I can remember thing is in the days before social media we didnt get to know till Thursday when the star or advertiser came out

the reduction on a season ticket is so low that they ain't worth buying if you plan to go on holiday and miss a couple of meetings

Someone's grabbing the interest in their bank account

Who'd be stupid enough to buy a season ticket before any riders are announced?

Well, there are people who always buy them, and others who buy them for family Christmas presents and the like.

Regardless of the final line-up, these people will want to know prices, and various deals on offer.

Berwick will be running, their full season tickets at £199 are fantastic value when you look at ALL the other PL clubs' deals.

What must be considered is that the strength, and announcement of the line-up must be dependant on their engaging with sponsorship. Both a main sponsor and the full battery of associate sponsors the club's promotion have announced will be required to create the budget they want to float.

• Like 2

Well, there are people who always buy them, and others who buy them for family Christmas presents and the like.

Regardless of the final line-up, these people will want to know prices, and various deals on offer.

Berwick will be running, their full season tickets at £199 are fantastic value when you look at ALL the other PL clubs' deals.

What must be considered is that the strength, and announcement of the line-up must be dependant on their engaging with sponsorship. Both a main sponsor and the full battery of associate sponsors the club's promotion have announced will be required to create the budget they want to float.

its only good value if you can make every meeting (works out at £13.26 a meeting) however if you miss two meetings it's £15.30 a meeting Edited by Goodiepatchie

its only good value if you can make every meeting (works out at £13.26 a meeting) however if you miss two meetings it's £15.30 a meeting

Ah! You know the admission prices, too?

what happened to A and J Scott? did they pull or something?

I think you know very well that A&J Scott, having agreed at two-year sponsorship package for 2010/11, were pleased enough to extend their backing for a third season in 2012.

That sponsorship having run its course (as they all do) Berwick engaged New Holland Agriculture for 2013, with that deal also being extended for a year last season.

The club do well from major sponsors, and with both these organisations having extended their agreed tie-ins by an extra year, it seems sponsors are pleased by what they get in return from Berwick.

Certainly New Holland landed lucky, with FIM events, the BenFund Bonanza and two live Sky matches during their watch.

The club has plenty to offer, and it is probable moves are being effected behind the scenes to tie up new deals, which we'll all learn about when all i's are dotted and t's are crossed.

Edited by crescent girl
  • Like 2

unless the admission price has reduced (which in the current climate I doubt)then I'm sure my point is still valid

Last season I was a season ticket holder and due to holiday (missed two meetings) and work commitments (missed the 3 midweek meetings that the season tickets allowed you to watch) left me out of pocket talking to other supporters, one who until last season was a regular season ticket holder, they chose the pay as you go method and despite missing as many meetings as me they were in pocket.

Maybe a £175 season ticket might be a better option

Edited by Goodiepatchie
  • Like 1

I think you know very well that A&J Scott, having agreed at two-year sponsorship package for 2010/11, were pleased enough to extend their backing for a third season in 2012.

That sponsorship having run its course (as they all do) Berwick engaged New Holland Agriculture for 2013, with that deal also being extended for a year last season.

The club do well from major sponsors, and with both these organisations having extended their agreed tie-ins by an extra year, it seems sponsors are pleased by what they get in return from Berwick.

Certainly New Holland landed lucky, with FIM events, the BenFund Bonanza and two live Sky matches during their watch.

The club has plenty to offer, and it is probable moves are being effected behind the scenes to tie up new deals, which we'll all learn about when all i's are dotted and t's are crossed.

My recollection the deal was for 3 years, £45.000 (£15,000 per year), and were willing to extend for one more year when the club could not find a sponsor, this offer from AJS was declined. They left the offer on the table with a set date, if the club changed it's mind, that date was passed and offer was withdrawn.

its only good value if you can make every meeting (works out at £13.26 a meeting) however if you miss two meetings it's £15.30 a meeting

I would never pay up front for anything, unless the company is 100% safe. With the constant threat of can we afford to run, a big risk of losing your money.