British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

So why hasn't Vissing been replaced, I don't know of manyt fans who don't realise r/r dosn't work and neithe does guest if your average is so low.

Maybe because there simply isn't a rider out there with a 7.5 average who is available, could ride in all the remaining fixtures and would agree to race for Berwick at their budgeted rates?

Maybe because there simply isn't a rider out there with a 7.5 average who is available, could ride in all the remaining fixtures and would agree to race for Berwick at their budgeted rates?

Sod the remaining fixtures, should have been replaced the minute he was injured

thank the lord hes finally gone home

I don't think anyone should decry the effort any speedway rider puts in, he should simply be thanked for trying his best. In Alex's case the last injury was one too far, and just hasn't come back from it. The reason he has been in the team so long is simply the management did not make a decision when it needed making and replace him much earlier

I would say that is a simplistic thought process from yourself rather than simplifying the decision made to retain him in the side.

As well as the points limit sides have to work within there is also the restraint and restriction of alternative options. At the time of being dropped Edberg isn’t even the lowest average rider in the league, let alone a worse performer than riders who can’t get in sides.

Edberg hasn’t fulfilled early potential and promise he has however managed to score three points in the majority of meetings he has raced, which isn’t as easy a task as is often made out, if it was a rider like Konopka wouldn’t find himself retained midseason while seemingly promising British riders sit on the side lines or are out of their depth

It is the same positioning as the mystical 7.00 rider over a rider who simply comes in, performs and scores, that rider very often doesn’t actually exist.

The idea of dropping Edberg for any other 3.00 rider was always false opposition as the options on comparable averages who could do the same job simply aren’t/weren’t there, or you have to make wholesale changes to free up points which in turn means seeking out other riders who won’t come.

The clubs on its arse as it is without the need to rewrite story’s to suit a false narrative re Edberg, in some case there isn’t the deep rooted ideas re riders Dad’s etc, it is just the case that riders aren’t out there.

Edited by sparkafag

I am a Berwick speedway spectator who has watched the development of commentary on this forum with growing dismay for some time.

I have now joined up to ask that we, the people who want our speedway to continue, get together and take the positive viewpoint of our situation -- and shoot down the ones who try to score points with bile-filled anti-promotion attacks.

Come on everybody. Let's work together and make it happen.

• Like 1

Good points there. I would add that Alexander Edberg's average had him in the 1-5 as of tomorrow, had he been retained.

He really can't have been as bad as some people are saying.

But congratulations to the Bandits' promotion for making a positive change at this time, offering their public a fresh face to cheer.

• Like 1

So Edberg has been replaced, this happens and I certainly wish him all the best.

I know for a fact that the decision to replace Alex was made by the whole promotion, and I've also heard that Heppy was bombarded with texts on Saturday about Alex. All this negative stuff builds up over time, and I believe that Heppy was ready to walk on Satuday, but was - thankfully - persuaded to stay. People just need to think about all the time and effort that has been put in by these guys, and how difficult it must be for them when things go wrong through events that are out-with their control.

I also know that the club are grateful for the service Alex has given to the club, and they wish him all the best for the future.

People forget the good scores far too quickly.

I know I'm breaking my rule of not posting this type of information on here, but sometimes it just needs to be done.

So Edberg has been replaced, this happens and I certainly wish him all the best.

I know for a fact that the decision to replace Alex was made by the whole promotion, and I've also heard that Heppy was bombarded with texts on Saturday about Alex. All this negative stuff builds up over time, and I believe that Heppy was ready to walk on Satuday, but was - thankfully - persuaded to stay. People just need to think about all the time and effort that has been put in by these guys, and how difficult it must be for them when things go wrong through events that are out-with their control.

I also know that the club are grateful for the service Alex has given to the club, and they wish him all the best for the future.

People forget the good scores far too quickly.

I know I'm breaking my rule of not posting this type of information on here, but sometimes it just needs to be done.

I thought Heppy had stepped down/left?

Good points there. I would add that Alexander Edberg's average had him in the 1-5 as of tomorrow, had he been retained.

He really can't have been as bad as some people are saying.

But congratulations to the Bandits' promotion for making a positive change at this time, offering their public a fresh face to cheer.

The point i was trying to get over was, he should not be slagged off, he did the best he could, other riders are not performing either so he should not be singled out.

Taken from here.

"PREMIER LEAGUE LATEST…

BERWICK continue to linger ....
The Scottish outfit are now without a win in their last eight meetings in all competitions.
Team manager John Anderson said:..."

Well that should please the locals!

Have they moved the border? Wouldn't be the first time! It was to the north of Berwick when I last lived there some 37 years ago.

Taken from here.

"PREMIER LEAGUE LATEST…

BERWICK continue to linger ....

The Scottish outfit are now without a win in their last eight meetings in all competitions.

Team manager John Anderson said:..."

Well that should please the locals!

Have they moved the border? Wouldn't be the first time! It was to the north of Berwick when I last lived there some 37 years ago.

Solidly in ENGLAND

Don't know if Alex was ever the same after his first crash at Berwick, it was absolutely horrific. Stuff like that has to play on your mind, let alone the physical side of things. I've said before on here I'm not going to criticise him, he's braver than I'll ever be, to get on a bike and race, but this season hasn't done him or the promotion any good. There were times when he clearly wasn't enjoying himself. Time to move on now, welcome Anders Mellgren.