British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

Thornblom scored 5 points on Thursday and 1 point last night in the Swedish final, but I couldn't be arsed to investigate further...

Congratulations to Grigorij Laguta today winning the Polish version of the ELRC

What a exciting meeting it was, if you are suffering withdrawl symptoms over the lack of a pulsating meeting this weekend I would recommend a watch....

I know its hard to believe there is more to Speedway than Berwick

• Like 2

Thornblom scored 5 points on Thursday and 1 point last night in the Swedish final, but I couldn't be arsed to investigate further...

Congratulations to Grigorij Laguta today winning the Polish version of the ELRC

What a exciting meeting it was, if you are suffering withdrawl symptoms over the lack of a pulsating meeting this weekend I would recommend a watch....

I know its hard to believe there is more to Speedway than Berwick

You think. :blink:

The Polish Riders Final was a cracking meeting with some unbelievable racing.

As you say Thornblom finished in 15th place in the Swedish Final, the meeting was won by Antonio Lindback who appears to have really got things together this season, maybe he could be in line for a return to SGP.

• 2 weeks later...

A REMINDER that a brand new DVD with special appeal to Bandits followers will be launched at their home Premier League match against Workington on Saturday, August 29.

Retro Speedway is producing a six-hour DVD set titled MEMORIES OF BERWICK SPEEDWAY.

The triple disc set costs just £16 and Berwick Speedway will benefit by £6 from every copy sold at Shielfield Park, so by buying the DVD you will be directly helping the club.

The same bonus for the Bandits will also apply to any other Retro Speedway DVD sold at Shielfield Park on the night.

Every person who buys a DVD will also receive a FREE copy of Backtrack magazine (RRP £4), featuring strong Berwick content.

This post isn't mine, I have taken it from the years gone by section. Looks like a decent deal to me, and a way of helping out the club.

• Like 3

A REMINDER that a brand new DVD with special appeal to Bandits followers will be launched at their home Premier League match against Workington on Saturday, August 29.

Retro Speedway is producing a six-hour DVD set titled MEMORIES OF BERWICK SPEEDWAY.

The triple disc set costs just £16 and Berwick Speedway will benefit by £6 from every copy sold at Shielfield Park, so by buying the DVD you will be directly helping the club.

The same bonus for the Bandits will also apply to any other Retro Speedway DVD sold at Shielfield Park on the night.

Every person who buys a DVD will also receive a FREE copy of Backtrack magazine (RRP £4), featuring strong Berwick content.

This post isn't mine, I have taken it from the years gone by section. Looks like a decent deal to me, and a way of helping out the club.

" MEMORIES OF BERWICK SPEEDWAY"; sounds a bit ominous?

Thanks for that. Important to note the club only gets a kick-back from sales actually at the track on August 29th (and from the Track Shop on September 5 & 12th) and if we can all buy our copies at the track it won't cost us anything extra, but it will help keep the club going.

Edited by crescent girl
  • Like 1

A couple of questions for the more knowledgeable and well connected Bandits fans out there i.e. Crescent Girl and Big Ed why did Ben Barker sign for Peterborough and is riding for then this evening when we are putting out a patched up team and secondly why have we ended up with the two worst reserves in the league 8 as opposed to 21 tonight its not assistance that is needed its a complete bottom to top clear out.

Edited by havenagotahope
  • Like 1

I am assuming that when Mattias Thornblom was signed as a replacement, Ben Barker would be released by the club. Again, I can only imagine that he would give the club the indication that he would not be riding again this season. Ben is a Coventry asset, therefore Berwick would have no say where he went. He has said himself on social media he chose Peterborough as it gave him more meetings and more earning potential.

As for the reserves, I too thought they would be a trump card. Both are vastly experienced, but for one reason or another, in the case of Richard Hall he has suffered from injury and mechanical troubles, things have not panned out.

And just look at Ben's score tonight! When did he ever hit form like that for Berwick this season?

I am assuming that when Mattias Thornblom was signed as a replacement, Ben Barker would be released by the club. Again, I can only imagine that he would give the club the indication that he would not be riding again this season. Ben is a Coventry asset, therefore Berwick would have no say where he went. He has said himself on social media he chose Peterborough as it gave him more meetings and more earning potential.

As for the reserves, I too thought they would be a trump card. Both are vastly experienced, but for one reason or another, in the case of Richard Hall he has suffered from injury and mechanical troubles, things have not panned out.

And just look at Ben's score tonight! When did he ever hit form like that for Berwick this season?

He never!