British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

Had heard rumours a couple of weeks ago that the promotion were making an approach for him. Must admit I know next to nothing about the rider, but full marks to the promotion. The past couple of weeks have highlighted the vulnerability of the team and they have addressed the problem. Of course he will need time to settle in and get used to the track and hopefully the supporters will give him that.

Give him a couple of meetings and then hopefully we will also have Claus back and be a seven man team again, Hopefully that will also some of the fans back again as well.

Time for the third bend gang to get the Swedish flags out of mothballs.

A 15 point maximum against Edinburgh will catapult him into Bandits folklore!

The legend of Benny Johansson lives on :-)

• Like 2

Spoke to rider from swedish leagues yesterday. His opinion of mathias was decent rider good second string at least. So positive comments

I've heard good reports from some Swedish friends too.

Roll on Saturday!

I can't wait for Taffy's shutters to roll up and see what garbage he posts about this.

Edited by bigeddiechek

Good luck with this one then. He is a very good rider I'll give him that but you may find him a tad unreliable after a few meetings. He may have changed since then but when he made his "guest" appearance for Coventry I heard his dad asked for more than what was agreed so he was promptly shown the door. On a personal note as well he had agreed to ride for me on a Team Viking tour in April 2011 but pulled out at the very last minute (Probably his dad's decision). I like the guys who run Berwick and how they have looked after Alex Edberg but I hope for their sake that this lad and his father have changed their attitudes as quite frankly I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

• Like 2

It won’t be the worst thing in the world if he doesn’t hit the levels of Sundstrom or THJ (would be nice though). If he performs like Lindgren (Ludvig), Aspegren (Pontus) or Mellgren he will be a perfectly acceptable signing.

I appreciate Wolves initially brought Aspegren and Lindgren over but they were/are both very solid PL performers.

Edited by sparkafag

Well if he hits 5.5 he's done no worse than Ben Barker and Mattias didn't make his WC squad either.

If he struggles we probably wont make the play offs and Somerset should do us in the cup realistically speaking...

Personally I hope he does well, it would make a nice change from some of the mercenaries we've employed or the riders who give it big on 4th bend winning by half a straight but averaged about 7. Mmmmm Great

Edited by GrigorijLaguta13

Good luck with this one then. He is a very good rider I'll give him that but you may find him a tad unreliable after a few meetings. He may have changed since then but when he made his "guest" appearance for Coventry I heard his dad asked for more than what was agreed so he was promptly shown the door. On a personal note as well he had agreed to ride for me on a Team Viking tour in April 2011 but pulled out at the very last minute (Probably his dad's decision). I like the guys who run Berwick and how they have looked after Alex Edberg but I hope for their sake that this lad and his father have changed their attitudes as quite frankly I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

Lets hope he has seen the error of his ways from a few years ago then.

• Like 1

Valsarna Hagfors - 56
1. Krzysztof Jabłoński - 5+3 (2*,0,1*,2*)
2. Victor Palovaara - 9 (3,2,3,1,0)
3. Kenneth Hansen - 14 (3,3,3,3,2)
4. Anders Mellgren - 2 (0,0,1,1)
5. Tomas H. Jonasson - 11+1 (2*,3,3,3)
6. Robin Toernqvist - 9+1 (2*,3,1,3)
7. Dennis Jonsson - 6+1 (3,1*,2,0)

Gnistorna Malmoe - 34
1. Oliver Berntzon - 2+1 (1,1*,w,0)
2. Mathias Thoernblom - 10 (0,2,2,2,1,3)
3. Robert Miśkowiak - 4 (2,2,0,-)
4. Adrian Cyfer - 8+2 (1*,3,1*,0,2,1)
5. Mikael Max - 6 (1,2,3,0)
6. Oskar Thulin - 1+1 (0,0,-,1*)
7. Eric Ashede - 3 (1,0,0,2)

• Like 1

Valsarna Hagfors - 56

1. Krzysztof Jabłoński - 5+3 (2*,0,1*,2*)

2. Victor Palovaara - 9 (3,2,3,1,0)

3. Kenneth Hansen - 14 (3,3,3,3,2)

4. Anders Mellgren - 2 (0,0,1,1)

5. Tomas H. Jonasson - 11+1 (2*,3,3,3)

6. Robin Toernqvist - 9+1 (2*,3,1,3)

7. Dennis Jonsson - 6+1 (3,1*,2,0)

Gnistorna Malmoe - 34

1. Oliver Berntzon - 2+1 (1,1*,w,0)

2. Mathias Thoernblom - 10 (0,2,2,2,1,3)

3. Robert Miśkowiak - 4 (2,2,0,-)

4. Adrian Cyfer - 8+2 (1*,3,1*,0,2,1)

5. Mikael Max - 6 (1,2,3,0)

6. Oskar Thulin - 1+1 (0,0,-,1*)

7. Eric Ashede - 3 (1,0,0,2)

not too bad, what league is that in Sweden, the 2nd one?

Good luck to former Bandit Tero Aarnio on his return to British speedway, even if it is with the Geezers!

See I just wish him all the best, irrespective who he is racing for, I`m just pleased I didn't post that, there would've been uproar. :D

• Like 1

Well looks like playoffs beyond us. Who knows about ko cup. Maybe its time for the promotion to look towards next year. We have the prospect of seb alden returning to uk racing if rumours are true. If so why not get him back in now to get average sorted . We have new assets like coty and mathias who will be on correct averages. Get deal done for tj now to avoid the kus senario. Speak to david bellego find out if riding berwick next year give liam run in team till end season .

There we go team sorted 2016 lol

Alden

Vissing

Tj

Bellego

Mathias

Liam

Coty

Please note tongue in cheek suggestion re team. My only point is look towards getting a solid team organised and ready for next year by giving some riders time now if available liam and seb.

Well looks like playoffs beyond us. Who knows about ko cup. Maybe its time for the promotion to look towards next year. We have the prospect of seb alden returning to uk racing if rumours are true. If so why not get him back in now to get average sorted . We have new assets like coty and mathias who will be on correct averages. Get deal done for tj now to avoid the kus senario. Speak to david bellego find out if riding berwick next year give liam run in team till end season .

There we go team sorted 2016 lol

Alden

Vissing

Tj

Bellego

Mathias

Liam

Coty

Please note tongue in cheek suggestion re team. My only point is look towards getting a solid team organised and ready for next year by giving some riders time now if available liam and seb.

Agree with a lot of your points, at least Berwick have a few "assets" now in Thornblom, Garcia and Liam. Would like to see Doolan, TJ and Vissing back, especillay after seeing TJ and Doolan improve this season, they have been excellent. The last place? Take your choice, give Barker another shot? Seb? David Bellego? Matej Kus?

How about Justin Sedgman Topsoil? you know if he can a few of those "cracking" meetings

Coupled with Super Seb and David Bellego you know there's a winning formula right there!

Richard Worrall for me I would suggest

Agree with a lot of your points, at least Berwick have a few "assets" now in Thornblom, Garcia and Liam. Would like to see Doolan, TJ and Vissing back, especillay after seeing TJ and Doolan improve this season, they have been excellent. The last place? Take your choice, give Barker another shot? Seb? David Bellego? Matej Kus?

Your a funny guy :lol: