British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

Would I know flip all about the time.

Attended every weekend with my dad and uncle while Berrington was built.

Attended all speedway meetings (all 3 leagues) at the venue.

Attended all practice/press sessions.

Attended all quad racing etc meetings.

Attended all sand meetings Mark run (with things run at the speedway afterwards).

Will go away and hide again. :drink::cheers:

Need to do more than that before you can comment on a Berwick thread
  • Like 1

Whilst Berrington wad a super little track I think today its location and access would cause major problems today.

Only went to Berrington once, sadly 4 years or so ago when it was just abandoned and overgrown with weeds. Glad a took a few snaps before they cleared the site completely

Whilst Berrington wad a super little track I think today its location and access would cause major problems today.

Agree with, whilst Berrington was good in its day Berwick Speedway needs needs to be in Berwick upon Tweed if it has a long term future.

For Berwick to have continued at berrington a lot of money would have had to been spent not just on major stadium improvements but also access roads too.

Anyone who went will know what I mean about the roads to and from the stadium

Never seemed to cause a problem at the time as all traffic was going either too track at start or away at end but in these days of H&S would the council have wanted better acces roads ?

Edited by Goodiepatchie

theres a few videos out there to see what it was like shads

I've seen a few on YouTube, notably Andrew Silver breaking the track record in the mid 80's.

Despite the fact this is the Berwick 2015 thread, I will add my ever-lasting memory of Berrington Lough - the night the Generator failed and they decided to try and put some cars onto the Centre Green and have them put their headlights on to light up the track! Not many volunteered if I remember corectly!!

Edited by Steve Park
  • Like 1

Okay so one of them must be Terry Lindon, according to an old programme scan I have looked out the other promoter towards the end was Dave Younghusband. Getting warm? or miles off?

Dont think Younghusband was ever a Promoter,Team Manager yes.Could be wrong about his involvement .Chris Morton was Team Manager at one point.