British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

do you mean Scott or taffy ?

Scott has a knowledge of Berwick that pisses all over clowns on here who try to claim otherwise

Taffy wouldn't find Berrington on a SatNav why he is even attempting to comment on it or the track is odd, it's short man syndrome (nothing wrong with being short it is a syndrome though) if he was never their a simple it's before my time is more than suffice, there's nothing wrong with never attending a track and just saying...I was never there so I have Nae clue...

I find rewriting history for the sake of his (taffys) narrative, slightly pathetic

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 1

It's only my opinion, it was a track that doled out 60---30 home wins. Some fans like different types of tracks, I think it would make a great training track.

not always there were some close meetings at berrington too

Here's my take on Berrington.I was told that it was modelled on Mildenhall for size and shape.Considering the amount of land they had I feel if the straights had been 10-15 Mtrs longer it would have been perfect.there was some great meetings at Berrington and when we went 1st Division the racing move up a notch with the Top Men showing how it is done.Pity Terry Lindon was just a con man.I witnessed the facts that Taffy alluded to with Scott Lamb and Knight being payed there wages in petty cash in a bag!!! Of coins.It was a pity that it was so far of the beaten track as I'm sure it would have attracted more support if it was easier to reach with public transport.It was a good little set up though a really neat and tidy considering where it was.Wonder how much my share are worth now!!!!!!!!!.Away to get a financial Times.!

Ps

The training track was very seldom used IMO ,it was just a small circle scraped out at the back of the 1st /2nd bend.

were there not practices on it most Sunday mornings certainly david meldrum and David McAllan learned their craft on it

Scott has a knowledge of Berwick that pisses all over clowns on here who try to claim otherwise

Taffy wouldn't find Berrington on a SatNav why he is even attempting to comment on it or the track is odd, it's short man syndrome (nothing wrong with being short it is a syndrome though) if he was never their a simple it's before my time is more than suffice, there's nothing wrong with never attending a track and just saying...I was never there so I have Nae clue...

I find rewriting history for the sake of his (taffys) narrative, slightly pathetic

i thought you ment taffy was just checking Edited by Goodiepatchie

Last night, I thought this thread might go down, the lets discuss memories of Berrington Lough, sadly it looks the whole thing was started as a I know more than you venture, sad really. :blink:

it is was good to reminisce though

I know, that's why i said in an ideal world. Wouldn't happen unless we can find our version of the Facennas.

we did once

Then he ran away

And we went bang

Only went to Berrington Lough a few times it seemed to be in the middle of nowhere took ages to get there and back. What i can mind the racing was pretty good think am right in thinking Drew Fiddes helped out with his digger.Only the distance put me off going how far from Berwick was it roughly ?

Only went to Berrington Lough a few times it seemed to be in the middle of nowhere took ages to get there and back. What i can mind the racing was pretty good think am right in thinking Drew Fiddes helped out with his digger.Only the distance put me off going how far from Berwick was it roughly ?

7-9miles rough guess on the road awkward to get too.Sure I will be corrected if wrong.
  • Like 1

Aye, it wasn't easy to get to, and I think in this day that it would discourage a lot of people from going.

It feels like yesterday when I used to go with my Dad on a Sunday with all the different folk building the stadium.

Big Jim Louden doing a lot of the joinery work comes to mind.

It's great to reminisce: as we would do about Shielfield if speedway were to stop.

Time would filter out all the standard racing and we'd all start remembering the great races from over the years. The atmosphere of the 1st and 3rd bends, the burgers, etc.

Nice to appreciate it while we have it too.

• Like 1

Berrington Lough was no worse to get than places like Mildenhall or Eastbourne and there was a bus which ran from Golden Square in the middle of Berwick to the track for those who didn't want to drive or fancied a drink in the social club . One thing I did like about it was that even with a smallish crowd it still looked packed , they had a set up there that most clubs would die for nowadays . One of best memories of " The Lough " was the sight of Marvyn Cox desperately trying to adapt to the tight conditions and failing spectacularly .but without doubt the best night ever had to be winning the KO cup in 1989 defeating those "Dorset Dumplings" in the final .

• Like 1

7-9miles rough guess on the road awkward to get too.Sure I will be corrected if wrong.

The road there meant that some teams were beaten before they got there, in truth they probably wondered where they were going.

Also I think that the late Roger Goodiepatchie deserves a mention when we are discussing Berrington.

The road there meant that some teams were beaten before they got there, in truth they probably wondered where they were going.

Also I think that the late Roger Goodiepatchie deserves a mention when we are discussing Berrington.

think I remember Sean Wilson getting lost trying to find the A1 on his way home

aye Scotty all about the burgers :D

goes without saying :D

Mark Loram Bordernapolis 1999 the final will stay in folklore

But I remember the Owen Bros red bike and the way he rode Heat One on the fence Tomasz Gollob Bydgoszcz style and thinking woahhhhh

Sean Wilson scoring 17 at Berwick, Scott Lamb doing him in Heat 1

David Meldrum passing Sean Wilson

Speedway isn't like that anymore, I don't think!

Edited by GrigorijLaguta13

Steve Scholfield was a joy to watch at berrington as was Andrew Silver

• Like 3

Thank you, my work is done on the matter.

I was surprised how he wrote with authoritative opinion, yet know flip all about the time.

Total gob excrement :)

Would I know flip all about the time.

Attended every weekend with my dad and uncle while Berrington was built.

Attended all speedway meetings (all 3 leagues) at the venue.

Attended all practice/press sessions.

Attended all quad racing etc meetings.

Attended all sand meetings Mark run (with things run at the speedway afterwards).

Will go away and hide again. :drink::cheers:

Mark Loram Bordernapolis 1999 the final will stay in folklore

But I remember the Owen Bros red bike and the way he rode Heat One on the fence Tomasz Gollob Bydgoszcz style and thinking woahhhhh

Sean Wilson scoring 17 at Berwick, Scott Lamb doing him in Heat 1

David Meldrum passing Sean Wilson

Speedway isn't like that anymore, I don't think!

did you go to berrington Robin ?