British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

Speedway riders aren't employed by any club, they are self-employed.

Your opinion is that Hall is holding a gun to someone's head. Whose?

They are self employed then ,is there a big difference when it comes to paying the wages,the club have negotiated there term and conditions that they will ride for.Riders probably make allowances in these deals for Transport and bikes.

Jan Graversen...really...i hope to be proven wrong but for goodness sake, Richard was only telling me last Saturday that he was looking forward to Peterborough and Rye House as it was two of his favourite tracks, he was doing so well at Peterborough until his crash and has now been replaced by Jan Graversen at Rye House...

I wouldn't expect anyone to buy my tools of the trade, fans or the person I am contracted to.

I pay for that, and any repairs/maintenance, from what I contractually earn.

Speedway riders are very adept at becoming "mates" with fans and sponsors, then pleading poverty.

Just my view on things.

P.S.

2 VIP members picked at random getting a pits tour at Cardiff GP!

That is pretty good value for £20!!!!

Wish I'd joined now.

• Like 3

So.. newsletter on Claus says looking at at least 6 weeks... possibly more! I take it we intend to make a signing in place of Sticky and hang on for Claus bearing in mind we've got a quiet - ish June!

So.. newsletter on Claus says looking at at least 6 weeks... possibly more! I take it we intend to make a signing in place of Sticky and hang on for Claus bearing in mind we've got a quiet - ish June!

Says 6 weeks then a decision will be made as to whether he needs surgery immediately or at a later date.Tough decision for promotion to make.
  • Like 1

Says 6 weeks then a decision will be made as to whether he needs surgery immediately or at a later date.Tough decision for promotion to make.

Very tough decision :(

Who the hell would run a speedway club after the start Berwick have made with injuries trying to get new riders then guests must be mad :lol::lol:

Tell you what though regardless off the injuries which is part & parcel you have been really unlucky on that front but the Bandits have been very competitive in all there meeting's so far especially away once things settle down and you get your full 1-7 whoever that may be then there is no reason why you can't have a good season based on your results so far.

• Like 2

I remember Jan Staechman posting on twitter last year that young Danish riders were being sent to FIM run workshops where they were given lessons on how to go about approaching sponsors, what they could offer sponsors, how to keep them happy, that sort of thing. I think it could be a very useful lesson for promoters / riders over here. Could be very helpful towards riders to meet the costs of running machines during the season. Whether they approach sponsors themselves, or the promoters do it on their behalf. If promoters / riders were more savvy in this regard it would help the sport out a hell of a lot.

Yes no more meetings until june 11/12 with trips to redcar and plymouth then finally a home meeting on the 20th against plymouth so should be peaceful on the forum for a while. On the team front they are trying to find a replacement for hynek but with Claus now 2nd with the new averages out looks like they will cover him with the r/r facility.

Yes no more meetings until june 11/12 with trips to redcar and plymouth then finally a home meeting on the 20th against plymouth so should be peaceful on the forum for a while. On the team front they are trying to find a replacement for hynek but with Claus now 2nd with the new averages out looks like they will cover him with the r/r facility.

How many points do we have to get a new rider given up trying to work it out :oops: