British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

As the two supporters groups have made it clear they are going to financially back only the riders, and the VIP Club was formed to help fund the promotion, it is difficult to see what 'unity' would be achieved -- unless the supporters were to go halves with the VIPs to help underwrite the money the promotion loses every week they put on a meeting?

I'm a member of the Supporters Club and I accept our funds are to help our riders. I can't see why the VIPs should be expected to go 50/50% with our club in this, or a similar instance?

This may be a bit simple, but there is no club without the riders, if the club do not find a way to support their own business, then it will fail. I know you are going to say there is no club without the promotion putting their money in. but for me it takes three things, a) the riders, b)the promotion, and c) the most imprtant the paying customer, no business without them. The supporters club do an amazing job in supporting riders, which ultimately supports the club,. The amount of money available to support a rider depends on how much is in the kitty. They could do what they did for Hynek, and do a collection, but we have no speedway for 3 weeks.

If Richard puts a request in to the supporters club, it is something they would concider, I don't think the 2012 club would have that much. May I suggest the V.I.P. club go halves with the supporters club, it would be a nice sign of unity in a crisis.

As has been proved by Kevin,Claus,and Alex putting in a letter to supporters club meant they received help towards hefty repair bills and Richard when he puts his letter in will no doubt get help as well. As regards 2012 Group we have so far have out £100 each to Luke,Matic,Ben and Kevin with the rest of the team receiving theres over the rest of the season.

As has been proved by Kevin,Claus,and Alex putting in a letter to supporters club meant they received help towards hefty repair bills and Richard when he puts his letter in will no doubt get help as well. As regards 2012 Group we have so far have out £100 each to Luke,Matic,Ben and Kevin with the rest of the team receiving theres over the rest of the season.

Also, like Hynek said on Saturday, the reason a rider likes Berwick is the way they are looked after by the fans, and the supporters club.

great work bandits fans keep backing ben barker and lets cheerhim on to a 18point maximum on sunday at rye house

In your dreams Col. Just had a thought though, you know all that gold you have in your teeth, that you had removed, could you not sell the gold to Ramsdens and use it to sponsor Richard Hall.

In your dreams Col. Just had a thought though, you know all that gold you have in your teeth, that you had removed, could you not sell the gold to Ramsdens and use it to sponsor Richard Hall.

What a dreadful post.

great work bandits fans keep backing ben barker and lets cheerhim on to a 18point maximum on sunday at rye house

Is he racing National League?

As the two supporters groups have made it clear they are going to financially back only the riders, and the VIP Club was formed to help fund the promotion, it is difficult to see what 'unity' would be achieved -- unless the supporters were to go halves with the VIPs to help underwrite the money the promotion loses every week they put on a meeting?

I'm a member of the Supporters Club and I accept our funds are to help our riders. I can't see why the VIPs should be expected to go 50/50% with our club in this, or a similar instance?

surely if the VIP club are helping fund The promotion that would help the promotion if a rider asks his employers for financial help.If they don't have money to help , fair enough,but it's not a case of telling the rider it's the supporters club you have to ask."Us and Them" comes to mind with your comments.
  • Like 1

Someone please correct me if I am wrong here: my understanding is that the Supporters' Club raise funds and solely distribute to riders and the VIP club is to raise funds and solely support the club.

I am a member of neither, so maybe I'm just not understanding it?

The club loses money every year, so I don't understand why they would provide a rider with anything more than what they have mutually, contractually agreed.

This is where sponsors and fans come into their own in terms of support.

surely if the VIP club are helping fund The promotion that would help the promotion if a rider asks his employers for financial help.If they don't have money to help , fair enough,but it's not a case of telling the rider it's the supporters club you have to ask."Us and Them" comes to mind with your comments.

See below.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong here: my understanding is that the Supporters' Club raise funds and solely distribute to riders and the VIP club is to raise funds and solely support the club.

I am a member of neither, so maybe I'm just not understanding it?

The club loses money every year, so I don't understand why they would provide a rider with anything more than what they have mutually, contractually agreed.

This is where sponsors and fans come into their own in terms of support.

See below.

As far as I am concerned the Berwick Promotion are the employers of the riders.If the the riders are in financial difficulties that is a employers problem in the 1st instance.We all know the roll of sponsers and supporters clubs but at the end of the day they don't run the finances of the club.We are always being told that the Promotionhave a budget and don't pay over the odds.The rider signs to ride on agreed terms,I have no idea what riders are being paid but if they can't make it pay that is their problem.Supporters of all clubs are very generous to their riders but more and more they are being asked to fork out money.Its obvious there is a bit of disharmony in the club which does not help these situations .The riders seem well treated at Berwick though.Hall has been a good signing but now he is holding a gun to someone's head IMO .Thats just my opinion on the matter. Edited by Fromafar

Imagine telling for example a football fan or say F1/cricket fan that didnt follow speedway that one of our teams riders was having to ask people for money because he was that skint, this sport is struggling badly, everything about it, especially in Britain, say for example if Lewis Hamilton crashed and wrecked his car and he asked his fans for a new one because his team couldnt afford it, that is a much bigger scale but very similar, its awful

As far as I am concerned the Berwick Promotion are the employers of the riders.If the the riders are in financial difficulties that is a employers problem in the 1st instance.We all know the roll of sponsers and supporters clubs but at the end of the day they don't run the finances of the club.We are always being told that the Promotionhave a budget and don't pay over the odds.The rider signs to ride on agreed terms,I have no idea what riders are being paid but if they can't make it pay that is their problem.Supporters of all clubs are very generous to their riders but more and more they are being asked to fork out money.Its obvious there is a bit of disharmony in the club which does not help these situations .The riders seem well treated at Berwick though.Hall has been a good signing but now he is holding a gun to someone's head IMO .Thats just my opinion on the matter.

Don't worry its an opinion many will agree with.

As far as I am concerned the Berwick Promotion are the employers of the riders.If the the riders are in financial difficulties that is a employers problem in the 1st instance.We all know the roll of sponsers and supporters clubs but at the end of the day they don't run the finances of the club.We are always being told that the Promotionhave a budget and don't pay over the odds.The rider signs to ride on agreed terms,I have no idea what riders are being paid but if they can't make it pay that is their problem.Supporters of all clubs are very generous to their riders but more and more they are being asked to fork out money.Its obvious there is a bit of disharmony in the club which does not help these situations .The riders seem well treated at Berwick though.Hall has been a good signing but now he is holding a gun to someone's head IMO .Thats just my opinion on the matter.

Speedway riders aren't employed by any club, they are self-employed.

Your opinion is that Hall is holding a gun to someone's head. Whose?

Read your newsletter, Bandit girl......

Some of us go to sleep earlier than half past 10 these days you know :lol