British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

Good post, you are right about the aggravation on here not coming from the Supporters' Club themselves. It's just folk who seem to only have the aim of stirring things up. I can't even pretend to begin to understand why.

Sorry but I don't see giving money to an injured speedway rider as charity.

Welfare?

Why? Seeking praise or publicity for a charitable donation is cringing, it is Bonoish behaviour

Is that local dialect?

Edited by Shads

an organization set up to provide help and raise money for those in need.

the voluntary giving of help, typically in the form of money, to those in need.

I think you have misunderstood Screm. The way I read it was he was not saying it was a charitable cause, but more along the line of benefit scrounger.

Why? Seeking praise or publicity for a charitable donation is cringing, it is Bonoish behaviour. If you want to give charity or money to someone surely you are doing it as a conscious act of kindness rather than to seek praise.

I don’t have any problem with Hynek. I wish him a speedy recovery and this isn’t necessarily aimed at him, but he is already paid a wage, he will receive money (I would assume) from the Benevolent Fund, as with support for bikes engines etc it is an individual’s choice if they want to give riders money. If fans want to do that they can (and were given the chance to) and can also approach the rider in the pits if they want to.

Personally, I am not that fussed for topping up a riders wage, I wish them well while they are at Berwick, but Berwick does it for me more than a rider who might not even be in the team next year.

I find the continual politicking re the supporters club on here really sad, more so given it isnt coming from the supporters club. The attempt to drive a distance between the club and supporters club seems to be driven by the same posters who set out to create indifference all the time, they aren’t doing their credibility any favours, it just comes across as internet trolling.

PS I am not Dick Barrie just before that typical accusation is aimed as it seems to be when anyone dare say anything that may be seen as siding with the club. Because in this instance I don’t think there is a need to side with either, fans wanted to give Hynek money, fans gave Hynek money.

Is that local dialect?

Cant be Shads - I understood it :P

Not really, I'm in the Supporters Club but knew nothing about us having a collection. Not before, not after!

I take it you couldn't make Saturday night?

I also didn't know about the collection (not in the supporters club) before but I found out when I put money in the bucket before entering the stadium.

• Like 1

Just had something explained about Hyneks situation, a request to the supporters club from a member, could the supporters club ihelp in getting Hynek home to Czech has he had no money. The supporters club responded with it's collection.

Well done to them for helping a rider in his time of need, if some people think it is charity, so be it, it is a good thing to do.

• Like 5

What the hell does Bonoish mean?

Like Bono! :P

Nice to see Taffy getting to the point on this thread ;)

No secret Scott, I got logged out of Tourettes, forgot my password, when It was retrieved it would not accept it, so at to start again then had to wait 10 posts to get back to normal. Sad really I liked Toutettes as a name, it suited me :D

No secret Scott, I got logged out of Tourettes, forgot my password, when It was retrieved it would not accept it, so at to start again then had to wait 10 posts to get back to normal. Sad really I liked Toutettes as a name, it suited me :D

That's a belter of an excuse =D