British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

Franc is a steal on that average

definitely but would he be available every weekend
  • Like 1

definitely but would he be available every weekend

Probably not, furthermore he is taking part in the same Longtrack GP`s as Richard Hall so is it wise to sign two riders where there is the chance of them missing the same meetings.

IMO if Berwick have a long term future at PL level then we need to look at our asset base, therefore if the averages allow I would go for two new riders.

Two new assets would be very risky.

Our league is off to a decent start, and we are in the middle of a good cup run.

Having said that, getting any kind of replacements at all must be a complete nightmare.

It's not a task I envy!

• Like 1

Two new assets would be very risky.

Our league is off to a decent start, and we are in the middle of a good cup run.

Having said that, getting any kind of replacements at all must be a complete nightmare.

It's not a task I envy!

Tend to agree Scott....all fine and well if new assets hit the ground running and hit their averages but as we know that's unlikely

Tend to agree Scott....all fine and well if new assets hit the ground running and hit their averages but as we know that's unlikely

Be a big risk, pal, especially as we are giving most teams a hard fight away from home.

I'm hopefully of another playoff finish at the moment.

KO Cup, anything is possible!

Be a big risk, pal, especially as we are giving most teams a hard fight away from home.

I'm hopefully of another playoff finish at the moment.

KO Cup, anything is possible!

Absolutely. After a poor league cup campaign we have bounced back well and beginning to pick up a bit of momentum. Be nice to keep that up and silence the doubters

• Like 1

Absolutely. After a poor league cup campaign we have bounced back well and beginning to pick up a bit of momentum. Be nice to keep that up and silence the doubters

Definitely, and with regard to Barker's average, a lot of that was due to him riding with a broken hand for several meetings, and some machinery problems.

His recent home results, plus his scores at Ipswich (when he beat Danny King in heat 1) and Worky suggest he is starting to find his form.

At this point in the season we still have a great rider - and racer - and we have a more points to make changes with.

So, all's well that ends well, if there are any decent riders that are available!

Definitely, and with regard to Barker's average, a lot of that was due to him riding with a broken hand for several meetings, and some machinery problems.

His recent home results, plus his scores at Ipswich (when he beat Danny King in heat 1) and Worky suggest he is starting to find his form.

At this point in the season we still have a great rider - and racer - and we have a more points to make changes with.

So, all's well that ends well, if there are any decent riders that are available!

I think Barker is finding the form. He just needs to add consistency to it. There's absolutely no doubting his ability or commitment.

• Like 1

No one has mentioned the collection for Hynek Stichauer on Sat night, I believe he was presented with £330 by the supporters club. Well done to those who gave their time to collect and the fans who donated. Why did they not collect inside the stadium, they might have raised a bit more.

• Like 1

I'd suggest to you that trap 4 at Ipswich is one of speedways graveyard gates, especially early on.

No one has mentioned the collection for Hynek Stichauer on Sat night, I believe he was presented with £330 by the supporters club. Well done to those who gave their time to collect and the fans who donated. Why did they not collect inside the stadium, they might have raised a bit more.

I'm sure the VIP Club are working on it Edited by Shads

Nothing in the latest news letter from the club about the collection, which I find amazing. Excellent effort from the Supporters Club once again.

Why didn't they collect inside the stadium, surely the promotion would've been all for it, especially as it was for one of their injured riders.

Nothing in the latest news letter from the club about the collection, which I find amazing. Excellent effort from the Supporters Club once again.

Why didn't they collect inside the stadium, surely the promotion would've been all for it, especially as it was for one of their injured riders.

good point I was one of the members collecting outside stadium a lot of people only had £20 notes on them although to be fair a few doubled back and put change in buckets. Something to think about for any future collections.