British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

Whatever, they still defaulted big time.

Certainly agree about last three paragraphs.

I agree on it was a default, but, as you are well aware, that was a complicated deal, based on one x New Holland deal ( I believe that was paid) and six x individual New Holland dealers, who I believe were the defaulters. If that is the case, then it is only right to praise the one who did pay, but to condemn the six that did not.

I had this arguament with Peter Waite in 1999, when he was asking the fans to chip in, there were a lot of donations at the time but one defaulted, and Peter had a go at THE Whole, he was reminded to thank the ones that did, and to be fair he took it on board and did so.

I agree on it was a default, but, as you are well aware, that was a complicated deal, based on one x New Holland deal ( I believe that was paid) and six x individual New Holland dealers, who I believe were the defaulters. If that is the case, then it is only right to praise the one who did pay, but to condemn the six that did not.

I had this arguament with Peter Waite in 1999, when he was asking the fans to chip in, there were a lot of donations at the time but one defaulted, and Peter had a go at THE Whole, he was reminded to thank the ones that did, and to be fair he took it on board and did so.

Wherever you got your information from regarding sponsorship payments,it is WRONG, and see no reason for it to discussed on a public forum Edited by Heedthebaw
  • Like 1

voldrih_matic.jpg

BERWICK have confirmed Slovenian rider Matic Voldrih will be ruled out for the rest of the season.

Voldrih suffered compound fractures to tibia and fibula after a crash in his national championship, and he has been told he must not resume sporting activities for six months. The Bandits are closing in on a replacement, although they do not expect completion this week.

Co-promoter Dennis McCleary said: “To be fair to fans, ourselves and the rest of the team it is important we get back to a seven-man line-up as quickly as possible. But with the season a month old already it is not easy.

“We had considered the option of waiting until the cut-off date for new averages, which is April 20, but on scrutinising the figures we discovered we’d have less points to play with, so that isn’t too good an option. We are talking to available riders, and are close to making one deal happen.”

Edited by crescent girl

At £17at the gate on the night they are lucky if anyone turns up.

Utter rip off, but then to be fair they get a good side every season generally with a Number One, riders generally whom serve them well

Always good visitors 2011 being the exception

Maybe we should charge £17 get a decent 1-7 with a Number One....

Utter rip off, but then to be fair they get a good side every season generally with a Number One, riders generally whom serve them well

Always good visitors 2011 being the exception

Maybe we should charge £17 get a decent 1-7 with a Number One....

Can't complain paying that if your as good as they are year in year out

I wouldn't mind paying an extra £2 if we were as good as them.

Can't complain paying that if your as good as they are year in year out

I wouldn't mind paying an extra £2 if we were as good as them.

be interesting if a survey or questionnaire was conducted to see whether Berwick fans would pay more

If a team was signed who would capture the fans imagination

• Like 1

BERWICK have confirmed Slovenian rider Matic Voldrih will be ruled out for the rest of the season.

Voldrih suffered compound fractures to tibia and fibula after a crash in his national championship, and he has been told he must not resume sporting activities for six months. The Bandits are closing in on a replacement, although they do not expect completion this week.

Co-promoter Dennis McCleary said: “To be fair to fans, ourselves and the rest of the team it is important we get back to a seven-man line-up as quickly as possible. But with the season a month old already it is not easy.

“We had considered the option of waiting until the cut-off date for new averages, which is April 20, but on scrutinising the figures we discovered we’d have less points to play with, so that isn’t too good an option. We are talking to available riders, and are close to making one deal happen.”

So who is the rider they're getting close to? Obviously a Brit.