British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

Interesting newsletter tonight from Berwick

one thing I noticed is they listened and acted on a request to make centre pages of programme paper instead of glossy paper

Great seeing their acting on requests

PUT SOME SHALE ON THE TRACK

much appreciated if they could

Edited by Goodiepatchie
  • Like 4

Very interesting statement with a glaring error in the second paragraph.

I feel for the promotion in the respect that last years "sponsors" failed to pay over all or some of the money (it's not made clear) despite taking advantage of the clubs hospitality and gaining publicity for their business. Perhaps the promotion have learned from this and received the 2015 sponsorship money up front

Edited by Shads

I feel for the promotion in the respect that last years "sponsors" failed to pay over all or some of the money (it's not made clear) despite taking advantage of the clubs hospitality and gaining publicity for their business. Perhaps the promotion have learned from this and received the 2015 sponsorship money up front

I thought the supporters club was formed before the Andersons took over,is that the error you are referring to.

I thought the supporters club was formed before the Andersons took over,is that the error you are referring to.

The Supporters Club was reformed in 1999 when PW took over , I was chairman for the first 2 seasons, stood down as it was affecting my business at the time. I proposed Malcolm Leighton to replace me and he was Chairman until 2006, when P.W. created B.E.S.T. because he could not get control of the supporters club money. The current incumbants re-launched the supporters club under it's new guise when they took over. I believe they used the old constitution which I copied from Berwick Rangers Supporters Club, with a new title Berwick Speedway Supporters Club, a short version of it was they would support Speedway in Berwick with monies they had raised in any way 'THEY THOUGHT FIT'. I have believed from the beginning the presents incumbants influenced too much the decisions made by the committee, and the biggest mistake was to accept the 50/50 draw this allowed the club to have an inbalanced affect on the decisions made.

The Supporters Club have always done a good job in raising monies to support the club, and when this childish behaviour dies down, it will continue to do so.

The Supporters Club was reformed in 1999 when PW took over , I was chairman for the first 2 seasons, stood down as it was affecting my business at the time. I proposed Malcolm Leighton to replace me and he was Chairman until 2006, when P.W. created B.E.S.T. because he could not get control of the supporters club money. The current incumbants re-launched the supporters club under it's new guise when they took over. I believe they used the old constitution which I copied from Berwick Rangers Supporters Club, with a new title Berwick Speedway Supporters Club, a short version of it was they would support Speedway in Berwick with monies they had raised in any way 'THEY THOUGHT FIT'. I have believed from the beginning the presents incumbants influenced too much the decisions made by the committee, and the biggest mistake was to accept the 50/50 draw this allowed the club to have an inbalanced affect on the decisions made.

The Supporters Club have always done a good job in raising monies to support the club, and when this childish behaviour dies down, it will continue to do so.

Thanks

I am told the 2014 sponsor defaulted on the entire payment, despite several promises.

The statement seems to be pretty fair comment, and the final three paragraphs read very well.

As for a error in the second paragraph, you'd have to be more explicit. Nothing glaring at me?

• Like 1

I am told the 2014 sponsor defaulted on the entire payment, despite several promises.

The statement seems to be pretty fair comment, and the final three paragraphs read very well.

As for a error in the second paragraph, you'd have to be more explicit. Nothing glaring at me?

I understand Sacca paid the amount from New Holland, the default was from the 6 New Holland dealers all over Scotland one of which was on The Orkneys.

However, willing to stand corrected.

Edited by TOURETTES

I understand Sacca paid the amount from New Holland, the default was from the 6 New Holland dealers all over Scotland one of which was on The Orkneys.

However, willing to stand corrected.

Whatever, they still defaulted big time.

Certainly agree about last three paragraphs.

Whatever, they still defaulted big time.

Certainly agree about last three paragraphs.

Also agree about the last 3 paragraphs,but is their a conflict of interest regarding recruiting support that the BBSC has to sit outside the stadium,just curious. Edited by Fromafar

Club announcement to media:

VISSING MISSING: Danish Bandit Claus Vissing will miss the club’s League Cup match at Armadale on Friday evening, having been allocated a place in the Danish SGP Qualifier the same night. He will however fly back into Edinburgh on Saturday morning, ready to race for the club against Scunthorpe.

With two riders missing on Friday, Berwick will be allowed a guest rider for one, and use the sport’s rider-replacement regulation for the other.

Following consideration of the circumstances, Dennis McCleary and his fellow-promoters have called upon Peterborough’s in-form Michael Palm Toft, who raced at Elite League level for Belle Vue last season as a guest for Matic Voldrih.

Vissing’s races will be covered by his team-mates, with the remaining Berwick riders all available to take a heat.

The rest of the speedway world are looking on scratching their heads surely anyone can see this needs sorting what with 'my bus is bigger than yours' that was on Facebook the other day to 'your not getting to present riders anything in the stadium' BOTH sides are being childish if they were my kids ad bang their heads together

Edited by Goodiepatchie

Club announcement to media:

VISSING MISSING: Danish Bandit Claus Vissing will miss the club’s League Cup match at Armadale on Friday evening, having been allocated a place in the Danish SGP Qualifier the same night. He will however fly back into Edinburgh on Saturday morning, ready to race for the club against Scunthorpe.

With two riders missing on Friday, Berwick will be allowed a guest rider for one, and use the sport’s rider-replacement regulation for the other.

Following consideration of the circumstances, Dennis McCleary and his fellow-promoters have called upon Peterborough’s in-form Michael Palm Toft, who raced at Elite League level for Belle Vue last season as a guest for Matic Voldrih.

Vissing’s races will be covered by his team-mates, with the remaining Berwick riders all available to take a heat.

5 Points from his last 9 rides is hardly good scoring for an ex Armadale rider except if your Mr Wolbert :wink:

5 Points from his last 9 rides is hardly good scoring for an ex Armadale rider except if your Mr Wolbert :wink:

Giving our record round Armadale Mr Palm Toft will fit in just fine, anyway Berwick have forgotten about the League Cup already.

Edited by screm