British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

So, Sparkafag puts up a really good post, but it is clearly above the usual suspects' level of intellect.

Quite interesting stats, Sparky. Although people are saying Kus got a lot of his points from reserve, he actually regularly beat some of the top number 1 riders from the league.

I was unsure of him at the start of last season, but I am of no doubt now that he is a classy rider.
Looking forward to having him as guest on Saturday, and it makes complete sense to me at least...

I'm not surprised Redcar put a high price on him.

• Like 1

So, Sparkafag puts up a really good post, but it is clearly above the usual suspects' level of intellect.

Quite interesting stats, Sparky. Although people are saying Kus got a lot of his points from reserve, he actually regularly beat some of the top number 1 riders from the league.

I was unsure of him at the start of last season, but I am of no doubt now that he is a classy rider.

Looking forward to having him as guest on Saturday, and it makes complete sense to me at least...

I'm not surprised Redcar put a high price on him.

Ed, ya patter is minging lad :)
  • Like 2

E-Newsletter has a couple of interesting items tonight:

POSTERS: As was announced on Saturday, a supply of bold, bright posters advertising Berwick Speedway are available -- free, of course -- from our Track Shop on race-nights.

These, as can be seen, advertise all our matches in April. New posters will be released at the end of the month.

We would be delighted if you could take one or more of these posters-- there are small A4 ones and larger A3 jobs -- away with you this Saturday, and put them up somewhere the public can see them and learn about our Saturday-night fun'n'games!

In schools, on factory notice-boards, shop-windows, house windows -- anywhere and everywhere, spreading the good word about YOUR Dixon Building Bandits.

REF'S REPORT: Did you know that after every meeting, the referee in charge of proceedings is required to file a report to the Speedway Control Bureau, detailing the night's events and marking the condition of the track on a sliding scale?

Having just received a copy of Graham Flint's report of last Saturday's match, we thought we might share the first night's ratings.

Track Preparation: Excellent. Track Surface: Excellent. Foam barrier (bends): Excellent. Regular safety-fence (straights): Excellent.

Such overall praise is rare, and when we saw a report such as this, we just had to share it with you. Full marks and congratulations to George Hepburn and his talented track-team!

REF'S REPORT: Did you know that after every meeting, the referee in charge of proceedings is required to file a report to the Speedway Control Bureau, detailing the night's events and marking the condition of the track on a sliding scale?

Having just received a copy of Graham Flint's report of last Saturday's match, we thought we might share the first night's ratings.

Track Preparation: Excellent. Track Surface: Excellent. Foam barrier (bends): Excellent. Regular safety-fence (straights): Excellent.

Such overall praise is rare, and when we saw a report such as this, we just had to share it with you. Full marks and congratulations to George Hepburn and his talented track-team!q

Are you gonna post the refs report every week, or only when it's favourable? Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

Ed, ya patter is minging lad :)

Come on Arson, you didn't need to bring them into it, did you?

E-Newsletter has a couple of interesting items tonight:

POSTERS: As was announced on Saturday, a supply of bold, bright posters advertising Berwick Speedway are available -- free, of course -- from our Track Shop on race-nights.

These, as can be seen, advertise all our matches in April. New posters will be released at the end of the month.

We would be delighted if you could take one or more of these posters-- there are small A4 ones and larger A3 jobs -- away with you this Saturday, and put them up somewhere the public can see them and learn about our Saturday-night fun'n'games!

In schools, on factory notice-boards, shop-windows, house windows -- anywhere and everywhere, spreading the good word about YOUR Dixon Building Bandits.

Such overall praise is rare, and when we saw a report such as this, we just had to share it with you. Full marks and congratulations to George Hepburn and his talented track-team!

Good post, please keep them coming!

There's desperate and then there is "Regular safety-fence (straights): Excellent.". Jesus christ, it's worse than Newcastle United being balance sheet champions 2015.

With the way of things at St James Park its the only Champions they`re ever likely to be. :cry:

Replacing Ben Barker's points with an equal scorer is probably impossible. I believe Matej Kus scored more points at Berwick than any other rider last season, so why shouldn't he be as good a guest as you're going to find?

Who else would be better, at Berwick, on Saturday?

R/R maybe.!

I don’t know if they post on here or not but the Berwick fan Q&A in this week’s Speedway Star was really good. It was actually quite refreshing reading and remembering that the cynicism often shown on here isn’t actually reflected among the wider Berwick support. IMO.

Yes he does, and he can be very critical of the club at times, and has been so on here.

Yes he does, and he can be very critical of the club at times, and has been so on here.

And if it is deserved so he should. Based on the Q&A in the star it is done in equal measure, really refreshing. It is balanced, informative and responsible articles like that which make you remember that social reporting, while it has it’s bonuses will always have its absolute pitfalls in that it also affords a platform to the absolute dregs of society to voice their thoughts and opinions, which, while an opinion, often holds absolutely no credibility what so ever. IMO

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 3

... it affords a platform to the absolute dregs of society to voice their thoughts and opinions, which while an opinion often holds absolutely no credibility what so ever. IMO

Such a true statement.

It really does drag out the most unfortunate chaps.

I found out a couple of people in the town were speedway goers yesterday, I had no idea!

They absolutely love it, not a mention of track, or averages, or whatever the current moan is on here.

We just had a really great blether about what we love about the sport.

It truly is a case of a very few rotten apples.

Time to hoy them oot!

And if it is deserved so he should. Based on the Q&A in the star it is done in equal measure, really refreshing. It is balanced, informative and responsible articles like that which make you remember that social reporting, while it has it’s bonuses will always have its absolute pitfalls in that it also affords a platform to the absolute dregs of society to voice their thoughts and opinions, which while an opinion often holds absolutely no credibility what so ever. IMO

You've done it again, Sparky. A clear, sensible and informed post, shining like a beacon of light through the murk of bile and prejudice created by a number of your fellow-Bandit posters. You'll really have to stop being so sensible.

• Like 2