British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

I think theres absolutely no chance he will keep to that, this isn't even me moaning about them, I genuinely think that is a total waste of 7 points, they would have been better signing a 7pt assessed rider.Essentially by signing TJ they have replaced Bellego with someone with a higher ave who isn't as good? What a great move!

8+2for starters.
  • Like 1

Name a decent 4.07 rider,we have took a chance on an assessed rider which seemed the best bet,we will just have to see if it will pay of.

You're right, and there is always the need to keep the asset base at a certain level.

I liked what I saw last night.

So Bellego wouldnt have scored that against a garbage Newcastle team? Lets see what he does next week when he comes and has a proper team to deal with, then again the following week.

depends what david bellego was riding the top class one or the can't be arsed one you never know which one was gonna turn up agree with you one match doesn't make a season
  • Like 2

So Bellego wouldnt have scored that against a garbage Newcastle team? Lets see what he does next week when he comes and has a proper team to deal with, then again the following week.

You seem to forget that he has a higher average than Bellego last season,therefore what do you think Bellego would have done in the next 2 weeks against "proper" teams.Not a lot going by last season when it was obvious he couldn't be ar#ed.
  • Like 1

It wouldn't be wise to heap praise or criticism on a rider for one performance from last night as most riders will be trying out new kit in readiness for more meaningful meetings. You can only beat what's in front of you and Berwick did that, with encouraging scores from riders who have one or two questions to answer. Hopefully Barkers injuries wont be as bad as first reported and he will be back in the team sooner rather than later, any significant period out might give a headache to the promotion they probably don't need at the start of a season.

Some dubious team management by Mr England helped us along too.

No tactical were allowed last night as it is a 2 leg tie and is being run same as KO cup rules .

It wouldn't be wise to heap praise or criticism on a rider for one performance from last night as most riders will be trying out new kit in readiness for more meaningful meetings. You can only beat what's in front of you and Berwick did that, with encouraging scores from riders who have one or two questions to answer. Hopefully Barkers injuries wont be as bad as first reported and he will be back in the team sooner rather than later, any significant period out might give a headache to the promotion they probably don't need at the start of a season.

They were all trying and that's all you can ask.Unfortunate injury to Ben put a damper on things.

News on Beb Barker's condition is not making its way to the fans very quickly or is this news only for the ears of the VIP's. Is it worse or better than expected is there a break or not a cast or a brace a lengthy lay off or a quick return so many question so little information ah for a VIP membership would all be revealed we can but wonder or spend the cash.

• Like 1

News on Beb Barker's condition is not making its way to the fans very quickly or is this news only for the ears of the VIP's. Is it worse or better than expected is there a break or not a cast or a brace a lengthy lay off or a quick return so many question so little information ah for a VIP membership would all be revealed we can but wonder or spend the cash.

Maybe All will be revealed on the bus to Glasgow.!!!!

I could be wrong but thought it wss on the website in the meeting report. I have read it somewhere that he had broken heel of hand and surgeon saying four weeks but he wants back sooner. If it not the website havent a clue where i read it lol

Edited by spittalbandit