British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

Thats what happens when your pants, until Berwick come along and chief scout Zagar.

Need to have a word in Stefan Ekbergs ear. He recommended Linus Sundstrom to Len Silver

I agree that a reserve pairing of Barrett and Edberg would've been a better option than what we have, though to be fair to the club we don't know if Barrett even came into their thinking or was offered a contract.

Voldrih is a gamble, the worry I have is at twenty seven he hasn't exactly made any kind of break through in any competitive league, Poland Sweden etc, so there is little to compare him to. If Edberg makes the progress he should and moves into the top five of the team that may see Voldrih`s scores improve, if not Berwick will have a very weak bottom end.

The main problem being you could not have the top4 that are in the Team at present with the reserves you are quoting.

Taken from Glasgow website

Glasgow speedway are delighted to have been selected to host a live Sky Sports premier league fixture on Tuesday 12th May (7:30pm) when we will face Sheffield Tigers.

Whilst the club have featured before on Sky Sports, Mays event will be the first to be hosted at our Peugeot Ashfield stadium and is considered a HUGE FEATHER IN OUR CAP following the major investment in the stadium and club.

How dare they use the words 'FEATHER IN OUR CAP' that's obviously copyrighted to us

Edited by Goodiepatchie

If this guy can hit a 6+ average this year he'd have done very well

If he ends the season with a 6.00 average Berwick will be in with a shout of a league win :lol:

If he ends the season with an average above 4.00 he will have achieved more than Barrett has thus far in his British career. The non-retention of an asset like Bellego is pretty disappointing (but understandable from the explanations given) . Not having Barrett in the side isn’t what will define Berwick’s season, though I hope the move to Workington works out for him.

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 3

Good rider when out front, think he will be solid for you

Was pretty poor for Berwick in 2013 though.

Nicky was pretty steady in 2012, around Shielfield, in 2013, he experienced 2 incidents Ricky Ashworth and David Bellego crashing out, got his head into a bad place regarding head damage. In 2014 the old Nicky started to come back, I think Workington will benefit from that.

It's easy to come on here and fans to say sign this rider and that, what we never know are things like wage demands, does a rider want to ride certain nights, etc.

A bit like the Berwick rider who believed he was getting 2 new bikes for signing this year, and I thought the club was struggling financially.

The main problem being you could not have the top4 that are in the Team at present with the reserves you are quoting.

Just having a top 4 is not strong enough to carry a very weak bottom end

If he ends the season with a 6.00 average Berwick will be in with a shout of a league win :lol:

If he ends the season with an average above 4.00 he will have achieved more than Barrett has thus far in his British career. The non-retention of an asset like Bellego is pretty disappointing (but understandable from the explanations given) . Not having Barrett in the side isn’t what will define Berwick’s season, though I hope the move to Workington works out for him.

David was not a happy bunny here last season.

Nicky was pretty steady in 2012, around Shielfield, in 2013, he experienced 2 incidents Ricky Ashworth and David Bellego crashing out, got his head into a bad place regarding head damage. In 2014 the old Nicky started to come back, I think Workington will benefit from that.

A bit like the Berwick rider who believed he was getting 2 new bikes for signing this year, and I thought the club was struggling financially.

Just having a top 4 is not strong enough to carry a very weak bottom end

David was not a happy bunny here last season.

I am just saying that the top 4 we have signed could not accommodate Barratt at reserve in that team due to averages,not about team strength.
  • Like 1

hopefully fans will give both matic and luke a bit of time to settle before making judgements. Luke is young and hasnt actually been riding speedway for that long. our slovenian rider might be 27 but for all i know he could have only started when he was 25. Simply saying this as dont actually know anything about him. Lol

As long as they get a chance to prove how good or bad they are before the knives come out.

• Like 1

Well can only say pleasantly surprised with the team. Hopefully ben not too badly hurt.matic imo will do ok if tonight anything to go by. 2 points but always on the pace just gating leyting him down. Barker, vissing and doolan all looking fired up and ready jorgenson rode really well . alex best i have seen him ride and luke not far off pace. Hopefully they keep this up.

• Like 1