What about...

Vissing

Doolan

Steve Worral

Rusty Harrison

Theo Pjiper

Robin Aspegren

Alex Edberg

I personally feel that this team would challenge for the league title and really get Shielfield Park packed to the rafters. The reserve partners are good friends and I feel for them being able to play crazy golf on a saturday afternoon before working the high line in the evening is perfect. Doolan has loads of improvement in him, Steve Worral should improve on a quiet season, reckon he'd hit 9 easy? Harrison is still fairly young and with a bit more experience under his belt and riding for the right promotion I think he could improve out of all recognition. Pjiper is a true pro and very popular with the promotion and is always happy to pose for photos with the fans, like a young Danny Bird. Vissing is just Vissing, gives his all for the club and as a loyal fan I really appreciate that.

If this 7 were to be signed, I'd buy my season ticket immediately and also buy a brick.

Yeeeeeeehaaaaaaa!!

Nice team, but did you know that there is a points limit, afraid that you will find that team is almost 2 points over the limit.

Nice team, but did you know that there is a points limit, afraid that you will find that team is almost 2 points over the limit.

You didn't notice the sarcasm then?

all speedway riders are a liability. they fall off . they break.

Yes, but Roynon has made a career of falling off

Seems it was mentioned at your clubs presentation last Sunday that they were still due some sponsorship??

Relatively common knowledge around Berwick, don't know the details though. It was a strange sponsorship, based on New Holland itself and six of their individual outlets, one of which was in The Orkneys. Things are tight out there in the real world, in those situations businesses look after themselves first, not propping up another business. I am not condoning it, if you commit to something, you should stick to your commitment, but as I said don't no the details.

Been watching the Bandits in action from Yesteryear..

It must have been a real pleasure for the hardcore fans to watch Richard Knight in full flight

But my question is well I have two where did he go after Berwick closed?

And if they hadn't would Richard have come back in 1993 season?

we also had Blackburn Walshy until Glasgow robbed him and Crabtree from Stoke

We came 2nd in the league, those where the days.

I must say I do enjoy watching Speedway from back in the day seems as though people were fed up back then as well saying the Sport was going to die...

LONG LIVE THE KING

Been watching the Bandits in action from Yesteryear..

It must have been a real pleasure for the hardcore fans to watch Richard Knight in full flight

But my question is well I have two where did he go after Berwick closed?

And if they hadn't would Richard have come back in 1993 season?

we also had Blackburn Walshy until Glasgow robbed him and Crabtree from Stoke

We came 2nd in the league, those where the days.

I must say I do enjoy watching Speedway from back in the day seems as though people were fed up back then as well saying the Sport was going to die...

LONG LIVE THE KING

AH! 'The Good Old Days'

Arn't memories a wonderful thing, pity when you look at the reality they were rarely that. :sad::sad::o

Stop looking at the world in Black & White, it's ,much better in Colour :D

• Like 1

No news letter on the subject yet but Berwick are on the look out for a new team sponsor next season.

Cannot imagine the promotion putting discussion of pending commercial matters into their e-Newsletter.

Indeed, there's a Newsletter out this evening, with the usual informative information about fan events and the like.

Nay chance of getting that team now Screm lucky if we get Adam McKinna

Giving the financial state of the club, as described in this weeks Speedway Star, and potentially going through the winter without finding a team sponsor, its might be difficult to see any team being at Berwick next season.

Cannot imagine the promotion putting discussion of pending commercial matters into their e-Newsletter.Indeed, there's a Newsletter out this evening, with the usual informative information about fan events and the like.

They can put the details in a National Magazine this week explaining their commercial matters though.
  • Like 1

They can put the details in a National Magazine this week explaining their commercial matters though.

Also covered extensively on the back page of the local newspaper .

• Like 1

Hopefully the club can sort something out.

Certainly a big improvement this season on previous years.

Better racing this year on previous years

Strange thing this season for me, I havn't felt a buzz, generally a bit lack lustre when it comes to excitement, Certainly the track was greatly improved in the latter part of the season, but it's still only half way there. So sorry to disagree, I didn't get that excitement, that I certainly had from 2001 to 2008/9.

Like you I do hope the club can sort it out, but it does show if the business model doesnt balance the books, relying on the generosity of busnessmen in the form of sponsorship cannot be relied on. Although the Government claims every thing is rosy out there, ask the average business, it really isn't. Apart from the satisfaction of supporting your club, it is unlikely at the level we ride at, that sponsorship would be of any advantage to your business.

Edited by TOURETTES