British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

It's better than Lakeside anyways....

What a track that is

It's a track that's there to be ridden as all tracks are and those riders who climb to the top adapt to all shapes and sizes imo.

• Like 1

Agreed Shads...not every race at Custom House was a classic, but when you got 4 riders really having a go it was magic. As you say , fast is not necessarily better (check out some of the times from 40 years ago) and I have seen some great races won in (relatively) slowish times. But...4 riders really turning it on at a big fast track takes some beating.

It's a purely personal thing, but the prospect of 50-second races at Plymouth would not entice me. I always loved Wimbledon though.

I'd love to get myself anywhere Mr. S. but speedway for me is out of the question for many reasons.

Hahaha, So that 10 seconds we are missing out on at Plymouth is just them going down the staights an extra 1.33 seconds each time. I think we are missing out here down at Plymouth haha

Edited by doners1234

I'm sure the Sports greats owe huge gratitude of their success due to experiences at the Purfleet Raceway

I doubt it but the likes of Greg Hancock, Billy Hamill, Brian Karger, Bo Petersen, Leigh Adams, Kelvin Tatum, Lee Richardson (RIP), Tomas Topinka, Tony Rickardsson, Adam Shields, Peter Karlsson, many Polish riders (e.g. Seb Ulamek, Piotr Swiderski) and so very many more had no problem riding it over the years - are they wrong and you right? :rolleyes:

Edited by Bryn

As I said, it's a purely personal thing. If we all thought the same, every track would be the same shape and size.

Keep enjoying your speedway down there in sunny Plymouth. :t:

• Like 2

I didn't enjoy my experience at Lakeside, I wouldn't return but each to their own...

All about opinions - I did say Sports Greats, you only named a very select few Rickardsson, Hancock and Leigh Adams

Fair enough you have your opinion to which you're perfectly entitled - what's your personal view on all British tracks you've been to? I, and perhaps others, would be interested to hear.

It varies.. I guess the UK offers riders an opprtunity to improve their technical skill set. However the big meetings are always going to be on the bigger faster tracks

There are Pro's and Con's for whatever shape you find in this country. Trelawny was 230 meters some great racing there certainly when we visited.

Sheffield and Poole in terms of the 4 meetings I saw there wasn't overly moved by .

Redcar, Scunthorpe and Workington would be Top 3 tracks visited from a racing perspective

• Like 1

It varies.. I guess the UK offers riders an opprtunity to improve their technical skill set. However the big meetings are always going to be on the bigger faster tracks

There are Pro's and Con's for whatever shape you find in this country. Trelawny was 230 meters some great racing there certainly when we visited.

Sheffield and Poole in terms of the 4 meetings I saw there wasn't overly moved by .

Redcar, Scunthorpe and Workington would be Top 3 tracks visited from a racing perspective

Thanks for that - very interesting comments.

Matic Voldrih has been invited to ride on Friday at Armadale in Theo Pijper's testimonial meeting.

That makes FIVE of the Dixon Building Bandits in the meeting!

Free practice at Armadale, no excuses then when we go there in league or cup. :blink:

• Like 2