British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

I think the point is, why upset the very people who have worked so hard in supporting the club, not just in raising much needed funds, but organising events like 'The Hall Of Fame', End Of Season Dance, and so much more, they are the same people who organise the away trips, be it a jaunt down the road to Newcastle, or, The Southern Tour. These people nedd a pat on the back, not a slap in the face, I am pretty sure they are adult enough to let it go over their head, and continue as always. Strangely they are the same people who give their time freely to sell the 50/50. toil over the drunlen guests in hospitality, work in the chuck wagon aqnd so much more.

From reading the statement from the Supporters club the general tone, for me anyway, isn’t that they are upset. The only people that I can see who are upset by it or trying to create a friction are posters on here, if anything the supporters club statement only reiterates that.

“This is what has happened, now to the people who are making their own stories up and pointing fingers and making the supporters club out to be some kind of club hating bunch I would like to remind you all of something, WE LOVE SPEEDWAY, that's why we do what we do voluntarily, we have worked closely with the club for years and we genuinely wish Berwick Bandits Speedway Club the best of Luck with everything they do, without them working their backsides off week in week out we wouldn't get to see our beloved Bandits!”

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 1

Who changed the rules ? Oh yes, the Supporters club !

Get your facts right, else it makes you look a right twit.

From reading the statement from the Supporters club the general tone, for me anyway, isn’t that they are upset. The only people that I can see who are upset by it or trying to create a fraction are posters on here, if anything the supporters club statement only reiterates that.

“This is what has happened, now to the people who are making their own stories up and pointing fingers and making the supporters club out to be some kind of club hating bunch I would like to remind you all of something, WE LOVE SPEEDWAY, that's why we do what we do voluntarily, we have worked closely with the club for years and we genuinely wish Berwick Bandits Speedway Club the best of Luck with everything they do, without them working their backsides off week in week out we wouldn't get to see our beloved Bandits!”

totally agree.

Is it not what "it says on the tin", i.e. a club for like minded supporters and that is what is the most important thing? Fair play if they cross the boundary and support the Speedway Club in the way that they feel fulfilled in being supporters. The Bandits are lucky to have one, whatever their mandate.

Edited by Willowman

The supporters club at Rye House was disbanded by the promotion very soon after Len Silver took over the club.

Dangerous move for any club wishing to control it's supporters, one of the main reasons if you are lucky enough to have a supporters club, it should be totally independant of the Promotion.

I am certain in Berwicks case the supporters club will continue their work in supporting the club in any way that they feel fit.

• Like 2

Dangerous move for any club wishing to control it's supporters, one of the main reasons if you are lucky enough to have a supporters club, it should be totally independant of the Promotion.

I am certain in Berwicks case the supporters club will continue their work in supporting the club in any way that they feel fit.

Len Silver is famed for saying, "it's my club and I'll run it my way", or words to that effect.

He's notoriously stubborn and will not listen to anyone, including his own riders, especially on the subject of track preparation.

It'll be best for all parties concerned to get along for the sake of Berwick Speedway

• Like 1

Exactly. It' ceases to be a supporters club when the club run it IMO.

Berwick may not be the best supported club in the league. We may not sell out our stadium for home meetings very often.

Berwick do have a very loyal following, no matter how dire we are we have a core of fans who turn out week in week out..

Sooner the season starts the better for the club

Generally when things are going well at Berwick you don't hear a thing.... hopefully recent events blow over and we have a smimlar season to last.

• Like 3

Edinburgh supporters have today announced a new Monarchs Fans Trust, explaining an awareness that their promotion lose money each week and have admitted to five-figure losses over each of the last few seasons. These supporters are rightly alarmed by the statement that, if the promotion make a similar loss in 2015, they will CLOSE. The Trust is being formed, by supporters, to offer direct financial assistance.

At Glasgow, the brave new ownership have recently set up a new amalgamated Supporters Club which under their control will raise funding to help ease a huge financial burden on the owners as they attempt to refurbish the stadium and reverse huge operating losses incurred over the past three or four years.

But in Berwick, when a similarly-placed loss-making promotion approaches their Supporters Club to ask if a contribution can be made from their funds to help defray heavy operating losses, literally to pay outstanding bills, the committee there choose not to get involved in what might, to an outsider, be seen as throwing the promotion a lifeline to keep going. Further, the committee then announces a change in their consitution, presumably meaning their funds will not in future be made available to ease the promotion's pecuniary problems?

As I see it, the resulting creation of Berwick's new VIP Club is a necessary parallel to the Monarchs Fans Trust or the Tigers' new Supporters Club, and all three promotions will have to rely on assistance from these groups if they are to continue to provide speedway for their followers.

I hope it is understood the poster who quoted Joni Mitchell's lyrics wasn't posting a smart one-liner -- they were posting a very real warning.

Edited by smod

Edinburgh supporters have today announced a new Monarchs Fans Trust, explaining an awareness that their promotion lose money each week and have admitted to five-figure losses over each of the last few seasons. These supporters are rightly alarmed by the statement that, if the promotion make a similar loss in 2015, they will CLOSE. The Trust is being formed, by supporters, to offer direct financial assistance.

At Glasgow, the brave new ownership have recently set up a new amalgamated Supporters Club which under their control will raise funding to help ease a huge financial burden on the owners as they attempt to refurbish the stadium and reverse huge operating losses incurred over the past three or four years.

But in Berwick, when a similarly-placed loss-making promotion approaches their Supporters Club to ask if a contribution can be made from their funds to help defray heavy operating losses, literally to pay outstanding bills, the committee there choose not to get involved in what might, to an outsider, be seen as throwing the promotion a lifeline to keep going. Further, the committee then announces a change in their consitution, presumably meaning their funds will not be in future made available to ease the promotion's pecuniary problems?

As I see it, the resulting creation of Berwick's new VIP Club is a necessary parallel to the Monarchs Fans Trust or the Tigers' new Supporters Club, and all three promotions will have to rely on assistance from these groups if they are to continue to provide speedway for their followers.

I hope it is understood the poster who quoted Joni Mitchell's lyrics wasn't posting a smart one-liner -- they were posted a very real warning.

The Bandits V.I.P. Club is a bit different than the Monarchs Trust Fund (which is to be run independent of the Club and Directors).whether it will bring the same income remains to be seen.

But in Berwick, when a similarly-placed loss-making promotion approaches their Supporters Club to ask if a contribution can be made from their funds to help defray heavy operating losses, literally to pay outstanding bills, the committee there choose not to get involved in what might, to an outsider, be seen as throwing the promotion a lifeline to keep going. Further, the committee then announces a change in their consitution, presumably meaning their funds will not in future be made available to ease the promotion's pecuniary problems?

I hope it is understood the poster who quoted Joni Mitchell's lyrics wasn't posting a smart one-liner -- they were posting a very real warning.

Warning.....Cinderella.