British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

That could also lead to the Promotion not having hand outs from supporters club,it might benefit the riders more in future.

Agreed, though as has already been pointed the supporters club would have to be independent of the club, as it was, for that to happen.

Agreed, though as has already been pointed the supporters club would have to be independent of the club, as it was, for that to happen.

not sure what you mean,I would have thought that the Supporters Club would be Independent of the Club.I was saying that the Supporters Club might not give hand outs to the Promotion as they have done in the past and give money to the riders.Then again maybe the Supporters Club are quite happy for the Promotion to to run the VIP club for all I know.

That could also lead to the Promotion not having hand outs from supporters club,it might benefit the riders more in future.

Don't be fooled by the spin. The VIP Club is the promotions way of wrestling control and money away from the supporters club.

Can't see the logic in joining both, so it's gonna be up to the individual to make an informed choice. Trouble is, the ordinary Berwick fan doesn't know all the facts.

• Like 1

Don't be fooled by the spin. The VIP Club is the promotions way of wrestling control and money away from the supporters club.

Can't see the logic in joining both, so it's gonna be up to the individual to make an informed choice. Trouble is, the ordinary Berwick fan doesn't know all the facts.

We were told recently there were two sides to every story, maybe the supporters will get to know all the facts.

You and Screm seem to be interpretating my Posts incorrectly IMO Edited by Fromafar

Think you are spot on, by creating an alternative supporters club, you reduce the effectiveness of both, those who want to prop up the club will join the V.I.P. Club, those who want to support the riders will join the independant supporters club or the 2012 club. Remember this happened a few years back when PW created B.E.S.T, it quite rightly fell flat in it's ar*e, and the supportrers club was re-formed, but with too much control from the Club, it appears they have found their own voice, and require mor independant decisions. A good thing this Democracy.

plenty of reading in tonight's Banditmail..........

LUKE BACK IN ANGER: Our young recruit Luke Crang, who has spent many winter hours in the gym working his way back to fitness after sustaining back injuries while racing for Workington at Redcar last July, has now been back on his bike in anger, pushing himself to confirm his return to rude health.

Luke reports no ill-effects, and will continue to find track-time wherever he can in the coming weeks leading up to the season's start. He is also racing in the National League this year, and will be on parade at Brandon for the Blaze's press day on March 13th.

When did Luke Crang take up Ice Hockey?

• Like 1

Think you are spot on, by creating an alternative supporters club, you reduce the effectiveness of both, those who want to prop up the club will join the V.I.P. Club, those who want to support the riders will join the independant supporters club or the 2012 club. Remember this happened a few years back when PW created B.E.S.T, it quite rightly fell flat in it's ar*e, and the supportrers club was re-formed, but with too much control from the Club, it appears they have found their own voice, and require mor independant decisions. A good thing this Democracy.

most of the 2012 group committee are in the supporters club committee if I'm correct Edited by Goodiepatchie

Fair points raised there -- but if one really wants to help out 'just the riders' you can slip any of them the odd tenner in the stand after any match, no need to join a supporters group to do it.

Again, if you are worried about the promotion not being able to balance their books and closing down (perish the unthinkable thought) one could become an associate sponsor, or -- if that were too steep, as it might be for many -- just buy an extra fiver, or tennersworth, of 50% draw tickets each week, no need to join the VIP Club to pump a bit of dough into the club coffers.

All personal choice, and nobody need feel a need to be cajoled, or bullied, into 'taking sides'. The all-important thing must surely be that the Bandits enjoy an entertaining, hopefully-successful 48th term of trading -- and can come back, all bills paid, in 2016 for another one, and many more thereafter..

• Like 5

Yes, And they would appear to have taken their, F##k the club ! We only support the riders attitude with them !

Can't blame them after what's been going on behind the scenes

You'd like to think so wouldn't you.

Yes, And they would appear to have taken their, F##k the club ! We only support the riders attitude with them !

I think the main aim of Supporter Clubs when they were formed in the early days of the Sport was to support the riders in that way.the promotions did not rely on hand outs.The general fund raising was for to give members of the Team a bit of financial help ,don't see your point regarding F#ck the Club.

The 2012 Group do a great job, in a small way yes but a great job nonetheless, I`m sure the riders welcome any help they get from them, sadly the promotion don't seem to see it that way which is sad as you would've thought any help either directly or in-directly to help the riders win meetings for Berwick would be a good thing.

The 2012 Group do a great job, in a small way yes but a great job nonetheless, I`m sure the riders welcome any help they get from them, sadly the promotion don't seem to see it that way which is sad as you would've thought any help either directly or in-directly to help the riders win meetings for Berwick would be a good thing.

As far as I'm aware 100% the money raised by the supporters club goes to help out the riders and subsidise the coaches to away meetings.

I don't know how much of the money raised from the VIP Club will be going directly to the riders.

Just in case the club don't include it in their next news letter, this is taken from Facebook on the Supporters Club AGM last night.

Berwick Bandits Supporters Club membership has been halved to only £5 for adults and £2.50 for Children. Membership forms will be sent to all previous members ...with a copy of our newsletter or these can be picked up from Lisa Youngman at Youngmans Carpets in Berwick, Once the website is up and running you will be able to download the forms from there.

A new era has began, the Berwick Bandits Supporters Club held their AGM last night in the Black and Gold, a new committee have taken the reigns, in the Chair we have Angela Wilson, Vice Chair is Alan Neil, Treasurer is Lisa Youngman and Secretary Shelley Wilson. We have a lot of great ideas in the pipeline and we will keep everyone up to speed through social media, local press, regular newsletters and a new website to be launched in the next couple of weeks, watch this space......

I think the main aim of Supporter Clubs when they were formed in the early days of the Sport was to support the riders in that way.the promotions did not rely on hand outs.The general fund raising was for to give members of the Team a bit of financial help ,don't see your point regarding F#ck the Club.

if the supporters club and 2012 group help the riders then surely that's a good selling point to any rider who wants to come tho berwick knowing that they will be looked after
  • Like 1