British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

Pleased for Luke Crang. Only had two parts of a season with the Coventry Storm (one as he was signed after the season started and the the curtailed by injury) but he gas improved at a quick rate. If he continues that progress in 2015 he should be one of the to NL boys which should translate into a decent PL seasons too - an average is the 4s should be a realistic target.

1 rider cannot win you the match.Hopefully Ben will be rejuvenated by his move to Berwick as he has not progressed as much as was expected of him in the last couple of years (inElite League) by many fans IMO.

the thing you get with Ben though is pure entertainment - he should get people through the gates. he rides on the edge and occasionally over it, you just never know what he can pull out of the bag

• Like 1

the thing you get with Ben though is pure entertainment - he should get people through the gates. he rides on the edge and occasionally over it, you just never know what he can pull out of the bag

Exactly, he's never anything other than entertaining.

I wonder if he will fancy a go at the track record this season?

You know he does. :shock::shock: :shock:

No I don't if I did I wouldn’t have asked.

I was thinking of riders without a team place and he was one I thought of. If he does fit (which I assume from your post he does) he would be a very good signing. I have always enjoyed watching him, he would be a strong rider around Berwick, that would be a very good side actually.

• Like 1

I was thinking of riders without a team place and he was one I thought of. If he does fit (which I assume from your post he does) he would be a very good signing. I have always enjoyed watching him, he would be a strong rider around Berwick, that would be a very good side actually.

I agree. Would be very happy if he finishes our team off. Pleased Luke Crang has been given a chance with us too... wouldn't get many better that are willing to travel on that average. Looking forward to March 28/29 now :approve:

• Like 1

He's OK, and fits the Berwick average needs. Still only late twenties, so not "over the hill" just yet. The reservation for any club signing him would be the need for his missing meetings to contest French national and European speedway requirements, to say nothing of grass or long-tracking, if he still does these regimes at higher level.

Popular at Ipswich while there, and not too bad a shout for Bandits, given 100% attendance.

Ben Barker - class act at Berwick always been a fan

I remember when certain elements of our support booed him

Small world

I fully expect Ben to lead from the front as a leader, it's up to the other guys to follow

Maybe we could nip in the Top 6

I don't disagree with any of that (shock!) and feel having such an out-and-out No 1 will attract people, put bums on seats, even if the club aren't top of the table. It's all about excitement and entertainment, innit?

On another tack, hugely encouraging to see in newsletter that Associate Sponsors are signing up "pretty well" and the VIP Club is building membership as well.

The future is black-and gold!