British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

I remember telling you how exciting Bellego was to watch when he first came over.

I do wonder would Bellego have benefited from starting at reserve which I think was the origional plan for 2012 until we signed Hertritch or something. Since mid 2012 always rode at No2 showing glimpses or brilliance but consistantly inconsistant. Where his intentions elsewhere? I'd imagine Bellego knew a few weeks ago he wasn't returning. He gave a good performance for the Tigers, maybe time for a change. He's been enjoyable to watch none the less

As for the rest

If going by the Berwick Workington thread Vissing, Doolan and Edberg are returning in the posistion of 5 3 6 or 7 I would have no complaints. However where would that leave Matej Kus? I don't see Matej Kus improving his 7.5 average from Number One and I feel Claus Vissing would score more points than him from Number 5. If the league carries the same format I do feel we need a bigger presence at Number One. Edberg is a decent reserve should score decent points at home and maybe away too

Wethers - I think will retire

Jensen - Like all Danes thrives on the smaller circuits, nice guy an entertainer! I think he woud be a 7 point rider for Redcar 5-6 point man for us and consistantly more inconsistant than Bellego

Take it you went to Glasgow to see him for that summary.

Did'nt Kus signed a two year deal when he joined last year, Herd Alden riding again next season but only wants home meetings :t:

Yes Kus did sign a 2 year deal and if Alden only wants to ride at home that's no good it means nat lg rider at all away meetings and if we want to top this year that aint going to work so as far as I am concerned its thanks but no thanks

Did'nt Kus signed a two year deal when he joined last year, Herd Alden riding again next season but only wants home meetings :t:

Surely a rider can't pick and choose which meetings he rides in???? ...........

Oh, wait a minute...... :P

Yes Kus did sign a 2 year deal and if Alden only wants to ride at home that's no good it means nat lg rider at all away meetings and if we want to top this year that aint going to work so as far as I am concerned its thanks but no thanks

Not even Berwick would consider Alden, or any other rider for that matter, under those terms.

He is an asset though and if he wanted to ride for Berwick we would be foolish not to use him on his average Pepe is on a nice average and he is also an asset and don't think he has qualified for World Long track next season.

I like Seb, but if he cannot be fully committed to Berwick, leave well alone, mind he cannot team ride, mind you, neither can Vissing. Time we looked for new blood, instead of going over and over and over and over the same old names. Also hopefully someone who can team ride, but to achieve that, the bonus point system should be fully re-introduced, promoters cutting corners with the bonus points is dangerous. as riders will wipe out their own riders trying to get the extra point. Also with bonus points in place, it aids team riding.

• Like 1

I like Seb, but if he cannot be fully committed to Berwick, leave well alone, mind he cannot team ride, mind you, neither can Vissing. Time we looked for new blood, instead of going over and over and over and over the same old names. Also hopefully someone who can team ride, but to achieve that, the bonus point system should be fully re-introduced, promoters cutting corners with the bonus points is dangerous. as riders will wipe out their own riders trying to get the extra point. Also with bonus points in place, it aids team riding.

New blood is very difficult to attract to British Speedway IMO .

New blood is very difficult to attract to British Speedway IMO .

Not new blood i know but i believe Rob Branford is looking for a spot in 2015.

Watched him ride a few weeks ago , looks fit and injury free finally.

Junior Sorry didnt mean to put the picture on was trying to put a link, how do i remove it.1610101_690504337656910_1536763373_n.jpg

Edited by junior fan

It is pretty much an extinct skill now, and nor does it contribute to 50% of a riders skill set or job description . :neutral:

The phrase “team riding” has been a meaningless saying by fans for the best part of 10 years. To single out a rider and say that they shouldn’t be signed because they don’t team ride is hardly a realistic gauge, given that very few riders actually team ride now.

Out with the likes of Ward and Holder who are absurd talents and can hardly be used as a gauge for every other rider, the best you will get out of most riders is a hard 1st bend where they help their team mate now and then.

Expecting PL riders to move each around and position riders for the benefit of their team mates as they go down a straight at tracks like Berwick going 70mph is a bit farfetched, far more likely to injure a rider then help a team mate.

Edited by sparkafag