British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

With the changes and criteria for applying for and/or being granted a visa, it makes signing Jake Allen virtually a non-starter now surely. In some ways this keep strengthen Berwick`s hand as it seems some other teams are going to be far more affected.

With the changes and criteria for applying for and/or being granted a visa, it makes signing Jake Allen virtually a non-starter now surely. In some ways this keep strengthen Berwick`s hand as it seems some other teams are going to be far more affected.

agree nothing against Jake but I think this could be a blessing in disguise

Blessing is disquise or not. The American and Austrailians have by in large been great servants to British Speedway.

I really do hope those lads who have forked out on kit out can come over and make a living.

"Only in British Speedway"

its more annoying that there are people coming into this country who contribute nothing to the county's economy at least these lads pay their taxes while there here Edited by Goodiepatchie
  • Like 1

agree nothing against Jake but I think this could be a blessing in disguise

Agree nothing against the kid but this might just work out in Berwick`s favour, especially as other clubs might be more affected than Berwick, see once again Berwick Speedway ahead of the rest. :D

Agree nothing against the kid but this might just work out in Berwick`s favour, especially as other clubs might be more affected than Berwick, see once again Berwick Speedway ahead of the rest. :D

Apart from Rye House, Peterborough & Newcastle

E-Newsletter reports:

BANDITS LOOK TO LUKE:
Moving quickly to reorganise their 2015 squad in the aftermatch of the confusion caused by yesterday's shock decision by the UKVI agency, Bandits have tonight recruited 23-year-old former moto-cross rider Luke Crang to fill the number 7 slot in their 2015 team.

Luke comes from Darlington, and arrives on loan from Coventry where he will be ride as number 1 and captain of the Coventry Storm NL side. He had a spell in the PL with Redcar until a shoulder injury forced his season short in the 2014 campaign.

John Anderson said “ Luke has been riding motorcycles since he was 6 years old but it was only in 2013 he took up speedway in the National League. He likes bigger tracks but in fairness until his injury he was also starting to pick up decent points at Redcar. He will be yet another moto-crosser coming into speedway, joining the likes of Richard Lawson, Craig Cook and the Worrall twins".

"He is back to full fitness, training in the gym, doing lots of cycling and heading across to Cumbria to do speedway practice on Steve Lawson’s little purpose-built track.”

Luke's uncle is Mark Crang, who raced during the 1980s, both for Middlesbrough and in the top league for a while with the famous Belle Vue Aces at their Hyde Road stadium.

His signing leaves us with 5.66 points to complete the 2015 team. It is hopeful that the last piece of their jigsaw will be revealed shortly, with John Anderson playing his cards close to his chest -- although the club are hopeful of pulling 'a bit of a surprise' out of the woodwork to finalise the black-and-gold line-up.

I would have liked to have seen Jake Allen, but the powers that be have said no.
I really don't know much about the workings of all that stuff so haven't really got an opinion on the whys and why nots (shock!).

What is still the standout for me in the close season is that we have signed Ben Barker.

Ben Barker!

Roll on March :)

I would have liked to have seen Jake Allen, but the powers that be have said no.

I really don't know much about the workings of all that stuff so haven't really got an opinion on the whys and why nots (shock!).

What is still the standout for me in the close season is that we have signed Ben Barker.

Ben Barker!

1 rider cannot win you the match.Hopefully Ben will be rejuvenated by his move to Berwick as he has not progressed as much as was expected of him in the last couple of years (inElite League) by many fans IMO.

Ben Barker!

Berwick always sign riders who have already had their best years in the sport though...:)

1 rider cannot win you the match.Hopefully Ben will be rejuvenated by his move to Berwick as he has not progressed as much as was expected of him in the last couple of years (inElite League) by many fans IMO.

I've not got as far as thinking about winning meetings, yet, I'm still too excited about having Barker as our No1.

Berwick always sign riders who have already had their best years in the sport though... :)

Fair point, as I have heard Bert Harkins's name mentioned recently.

I've not got as far as thinking about winning meetings, yet, I'm still too excited about having Barker as our No1.

Fair point, as I have heard Bert Harkins's name mentioned recently.

seriously though, whos the last young exciting rider berwick have signed, or had on loan or who theyve developed or even kept for a few seasons?? Genuine question ed