British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

If Jake Allen is on a 7.00, he can NOT be fitted in to the team unless they drop either of Vissing,Doolan, Jorgensen or Barker !

You really need to read my previous posts before making such a comment .Everyman and his dog has noted that but the "chosen few "keep telling us not to jump the gun on this matter hence my reply to Big Ed

You really need to read my previous posts before making such a comment .Everyman and his dog has noted that but the "chosen few "keep telling us not to jump the gun on this matter hence my reply to Big Ed

Your reply made complete sense to me.

There are a lot of different permutations still there to speculate over at the moment.

If Jake is on a 7, then I guess it does change things a lot. I've no idea what will happen if that is the case.

Your reply made complete sense to me.

There are a lot of different permutations still there to speculate over at the moment.

If Jake is on a 7, then I guess it does change things a lot. I've no idea what will happen if that is the case.

I can't understand why the Berwick PR person named 3 other signing before Jake's situation was resolved ,just caused confusion among the fans.I would surmise that Jake's coat is on a shoogily nail,but who knows.

Was Claus Vissing really that pleased to return after the club decided to use Doolan Kus and most oddly Jorgenson over Visser?

You are confusing the time of signing over the time of announcement.

You are also overly-concerned about Jorgensen. If you had been at Sheffield for the KO Cup match, you'd be delighted by his recruitment.

Finally, whatever the outcome of the BSPA's delay in confirming the 5 or 7 situation, Jake Allen's form in the Under 21 meeting today (beating both winner and runner-up in the heats, only to be harshly disqualified in final) has proved that Berwick have a good eye, or a good spy, in picking prospects now.

• Like 1

Reading reports jake was harshly excluded then again fricke as we saw in pairs final has mastered the art of falling off and being reinstated. Back to jake hopefuly his future gets decided soon beats me how it takes so long for these decisions to be made.

• Like 1

Finally, whatever the outcome of the BSPA's delay in confirming the 5 or 7 situation, Jake Allen's form in the Under 21 meeting today (beating both winner and runner-up in the heats, only to be harshly disqualified in final) has proved that Berwick have a good eye, or a good spy, in picking prospects now.

Had a lot more bad meetings though.

One thing i have noticed watching Allen though is when he makes a gate and has a clear track ahead of him he is fast as he showed to beat fricke but when he doesn't he doesn't look any where near passing anybody.

Reading reports jake was harshly excluded then again fricke as we saw in pairs final has mastered the art of falling off and being reinstated. Back to jake hopefuly his future gets decided soon beats me how it takes so long for these decisions to be made.

It was the correct call IMO Fricke was going round them all in the 2nd bend and Allen moved out to try and stop him picked up grip and took Max and himself out.

When they have the meeting, they will adjourn to deliberate the decision, and probably reieve a prompt reply within 3 to 6 months, which would be very quick for a Government body.

You are also overly-concerned about Jorgensen. If you had been at Sheffield for the KO Cup match, you'd be delighted by his recruitment.

Lets get a few things straight subject matter expert

This is only MY opinion as I have said before I have nothing against Thomas Jorgenson I know he is a racer and Scunthorpe will be worse without his services. If he averages over 7.09 I will put the money forward as agreed.

I'm pretty sure Jorgenson can score big points from reserve at Sheffield which is a bigger version of the E W R against lets be honest Simon Stead apart a beep poor Sheffield team

I've mentioned his home form, admittedly of course racing the fine lines of the best Speedway circuit in the world will bring his scores on Tenfold. There will be improvement maybe Jorgenson will end up backing up Barker but personally I have my reservations on what I have seen. He is not our asset and imagine he will head south again at some point.

My point was aimed more at the Press release that was released last week. Now the fact that the initial plan was Barker Allen Kus Doolan and Jorgenson it would seem. How would Claus Vissing have fitted into it? I'm not mathematician but Vissing's average does not fit. I would say there is similar questions of Claus's credentials from some of the fans I have spoken too, Unfairly so in my opinion

Is he going to lead the Bandits? no but there is no reason why Claus can't average sub 8. he did last season while at Number 5

Vissing should have been priority alongside Barker

I have my views on Jorgenson as some do on Vissing...

Edited by GLagutaWorldChampion2015

Aye the Mr Barrie fan club in full flow
  • Like 2

Had a lot more bad meetings though.

One thing i have noticed watching Allen though is when he makes a gate and has a clear track ahead of him he is fast as he showed to beat fricke but when he doesn't he doesn't look any where near passing anybody.

It was the correct call IMO Fricke was going round them all in the 2nd bend and Allen moved out to try and stop him picked up grip and took Max and himself out.

Where do you watch all the Aussie speedway what site is it on thanks

I think its a good eye from Berwick rather than a spy somewhere in Australia. :D

I don't get the weak reserves argument either, Alex is an experienced PL rider, very professional, and will have top notch equipment.

We don't know who the other reserve will be yet, so predictions of a weak reserve pairing are speculative.

I agree, with his time at Berwick and then Leicester Edberg now must be considered to be an experienced PL rider, his equipment is always immaculately turned out and he does have the best of gear. Thing is his still has a sub four point average, sadly for him injuries have played their part which has restricted his progress but the fact remains he is still way off his assessed starting average of five. I hope he does improve his average as you say, with his reserve partner for 2015 likely to be less experienced and on a lower average he will need to.

with Mr Barrie as chairman, secretary, treasurer and committee member they meet every Thursday night in the only un- vandalised phone box in Glasgow

Don't know what the bigger surprise is, Mr. Barrie having a fan club or Glasgow having an un-vandalized phone box.

• Like 1