British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2015

Matej has always had the potential to do it and he did look superb last season I just think it's a big gamble and I already feel that Jorgensen is a big enough gamble

For me it would be Kev but that's just my opinion he gives us more to play with average wise and he was Mr Reliable at the tail end of the season

I think they will both be back though but based on the strength of some other teams that does make me think we may be toiling for another play off run.

Why do you think Jørgensen is a gamble, he can race, a good gater and ok his performances @Berwick haven't been earth shattering, but I'm sure once he gets dialled in, he'll be an advantage to have rather than not

I don't see Doolan or Kus being bad signings

Kus in my opinion wont improve his average however he did us a good turn last season

Still don't get Jorgenson though

I say, there is no pleasing you eh JDoyleSpeedwayChamp

• Like 1

Why do you think Jørgensen is a gamble, he can race, a good gater and ok his performances @Berwick haven't been earth shattering, but I'm sure once he gets dialled in, he'll be an advantage to have rather than not

A lot of his good performances came at reserves, he's awful at Berwick and I don't see him upping his average

Yes he is talented and yes he could end up doing really well for us but due to the reasons above I think it's a gamble.

I think he is, thats why I would have gone for Kracma

He's awful at Berwick...

Freddie Lindgren was awful at Monmore until he learned the racing lines.

Now he's the king of Monmore.

A lot of his good performances came at reserves, he's awful at Berwick and I don't see him upping his average

Yes he is talented and yes he could end up doing really well for us but due to the reasons above I think it's a gamble.

No they didn't check last seasons GSA's.His performances improved when he sorted out his engines

just like Kevin Doolan. TJs average improved more in the main body of the team than at reserve.

Freddie Lindgren was awful at Monmore until he learned the racing lines.

Now he's the king of Monmore.

No they didn't check last seasons GSA's.His performances improved when he sorted out his engines

just like Kevin Doolan. TJs average improved more in the main body of the team than at reserve.

I have actually just worked it out

Including guest bookings I worked out that in the main body TJ averaged 6.62

At reserve he averaged 7.17

I used the stats from www.speedway-stats.co.uk

I think Berwick should do everything possible to get Kus back, at last the rider blossomed from being settled and happy unlike at Redcar (I presume they are his parent club)

Wasn't being at Redcar that was his problem in 2013, he had other issues and would have struggled whatever track he was with.

Delighted to see him overcome these "demons" and get back to where he should be :cheers:

Wasn't being at Redcar that was his problem in 2013, he had other issues and would have struggled whatever track he was with.

Delighted to see him overcome these "demons" and get back to where he should be :cheers:

Well said. I like Kus and applaud what he did this last year.

• Like 1

I`d take Kus over Doolan every time, no disrespect to Doolan but his best days are gone and gone for good, Kus on the other hand should have his best days ahead of him, hopefully at Berwick. Must be a better bet to have riders in your team where there is at least the potential there to improve.

don't think we have heard the last of this "new Aussie average". BSPA don't seem to know their own rules that apply to some Promotions and not others .Made up as they go along as usual.If your Granny's Granny'was born in the EU I think your ok

according to worky it was said at the conference ... Maybe Berwick and Somerset wernt paying attention and were ridiculing biged's £20 bumper bonanza deal :)
  • Like 3

If Allen comes into the team on a 5pt average then he would be a handy signing, if, and its only an if at this stage because having already announced his signing I am sure the club have done their homework, should Allens average be a seven then it would surely mean a rethink.

If Allen comes into the team on a 5pt average then he would be a handy signing, if, and its only an if at this stage because having already announced his signing I am sure the club have done their homework, should Allens average be a seven then it would surely mean a rethink.

Probably to big a gamble on a 7 thing is this is a UKBA directive that the BSPA are aware off and all promotions were instructed at the conference so the way i see it is unless young Allen has european roots then he will be assessed 7 as will Holder at Somerset.

At least Berwick have the luxury off restructuring there team if this is the case Somerset on the other hand have made a right royal off it by naming there full team outwith the permitted 42.5 for the second year running .

I am sure Nick is relieved he has come home.