British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2015

I doubt you will see him next season either at this rate.

The boy is 17 and seems to get a lot of stick and I wonder if he is being managed correctly.

I watched him at Rye on Saturday and couldn't help thinking this is another Tai Woffenden in the making but he is taking a rather

Painful and controversial route.

Tai rode at the same age and just wanted to have fun riding just in the Premier with no pressure

Surely this is better for everybody and especially Robert as his time will no doubt come.

I have seen Robert Lambert ride many times this season, for Lynn, guesting for Leicester Lions, British Champs semi-final, World Cup semi-final as well as for the mighty Panthers. He is already a good rider and should given a little time be even better and when he was signed up for this season it must have been foreseen that such a promising and exciting young rider would miss some meetings because of possible international and EL commitments. Whether he is trying to race too much I don't know. That is a matter for Robert and his advisors.

What I do know however, is that speedway is a dangerous sport. This season I have seen many crashes some like Lewis yesterday really horrible and riders get injured. We have been very unlucky this season with rider injuries, Ulrich now being added to that long list. I feel sorry for the club and the supporters but in particular I feel sorry for the riders. I therefore cannot understand why poor Robert has attracted criticism for missing a meeting or two when injured and I am not sure what some contributors to this forum are insinuating. He is a Panthers rider and deserves our understanding and support. He is still a teenager, hopefully with a long and successful career ahead of him and if he is injured and in serious pain he should not ride. How can he or anyone else be criticised for that? It is just the way it is.

Lewis Kerr is a great rider and his crash yesterday was frightening. My thoughts and best wishes are for his family and friends and I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

• Like 1

I doubt you will see him next season either at this rate.

The boy is 17 and seems to get a lot of stick and I wonder if he is being managed correctly.

I watched him at Rye on Saturday and couldn't help thinking this is another Tai Woffenden in the making but he is taking a rather

Painful and controversial route.

Tai rode at the same age and just wanted to have fun riding just in the Premier with no pressure

Surely this is better for everybody and especially Robert as his time will no doubt come.

Hit the nail on the head imo....

Robert Lambert was there yesterday, he was still suffering from his shoulder injury, but didn't want to let his team down, watched them unload the van which was witnessed by several people, walked in to the pits, to be ushered out saying they had got the reserve in an he was not riding. BIG LACK OF COMMUNICATION ON GEDS DALE CARL PART

Peterborough Promotion Ged have got to come clean about all the mess ups he has caused with regards to Robert

Sadly they will never own up to the truth, They are the ones that have messed up but young Robert gets the fingers pointed at him.

Seems to me they make themselves look good......sod the rider they can take all the flak, think they can get away with it just cos hes 17 years old

Sadly Young Robert get pulled over the coils for not saying anything, but when he does say something he is being slated again saying that he shouldn't of put a statement out,

screwed what ever way he goes all his family are being treated unfairly by Peterborough Supporters

But it was good to see him walking around mixing with the crowd, chatting to people, signing autographs, and having his picture taken with fans

COME ON PETERBOROUGH PROMOTION TELL THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a back bone Ged and tell the truth

If Lambert was going to ride, and i'm not doubting that, why did he not ride 24 hrs later for Lynn at Wolves ??

• Like 3

Robert Lambert flies the flag for Panthers
1187106815.jpg
Robert Lambert in action.

08:58Wednesday 05 August 2015

Teenage talent Robert Lambert is the Peterborough Panthers representative in the big Premier League Riders’ Championship.

Lambert, who takes over as Readypower Panthers number one for August, lines up in a high-class field at Owlerton Stadium, Sheffield on Sunday, September 6.

The meeting features the top rider from all 13 second tier clubs, fitness permitting, along with the three riders with the highest averages not already involved.

And Supremo Ged Rathbone reckons Lambert is capable of providing the club with a second successive PLRC podium finish after skipper Ulrich Ostergaard’s third place in 2014.

Rathbone said: “There is no doubt Robert is capable of putting on a great show at Sheffield.

“He has proven his class at Premier League, Elite League and international levels already this year.

“It would be great for the club to have another rider on the podium after Ulrich did so well 12 months ago.”

Lambert was a late withdrawal from the Peterborough quartet for the Premier League Fours meeting at the East of England Showground on Sunday, which was abandoned following the awful crash which left Newcastle rider Lewis Kerr in an induced coma.

Lambert complained of a shoulder injury picked up when loading his bikes into his van after completing a successful Saturday night guest booking for Premier League rivals Rye House and received treatment from Panthers’ sports therapist, Lauren Wood, on Sunday.

Rathbone added: “We are one of the only clubs in the country to be lucky enough to have a sports therapist to work with our riders and Lauren is a real asset.

“Robert had not chosen to take advantage of this previously, but on Sunday he did have treatment while at the Showground. Follow-up treatment was also offered along with guidance on shoulder injuries being given.

“We will do our utmost as a club to ensure Robert gets back to full fitness but, as with any rider, we want him to take the time he needs before returning when feeling ready.”

Panthers return to action on Friday with a trip to table-topping Edinburgh before welcoming the Monarchs to the East of England Showground on Sunday (5pm).

Premier League Riders’ Championship draw: 1 Robert Lambert (Peterborough) :t: , 2 Richard Lawson (Glasgow), 3 Nick Morris (Glasgow), 4 Danny King (Ipswich), 5 Steve Worrall (Newcastle), 6 Craig Cook (Edinburgh), 7 Ricky Wells (Workington), 8 Sam Masters (Edinburgh), 9 Matej Kus (Redcar), 10 Thomas Jorgensen (Berwick), 11 Brady Kurtz (Somerset), 12 Jason Garrity (Sheffield), 13 Josh Grajczonek (Somerset), 14 Ryan Douglas (Scunthorpe), 15 Kyle Newman (Plymouth), 16 Edward Kennett (Rye House).

Peterboroughtoday.co.uk

Ummm Bitty!! Burp!! :D

I know you like to pull the udder one!! :o

Pirate FM News (nothing to do with Readypower's minor second team) used that last Friday. You need some new material instead of using others; no change there then :P

Have I missed something here but it says on the Edinburgh website preview for Friday's match that Robert Lambert has picked up a ban for missing matches and won't be there.

http://www.edinburghmonarchs.co/news/article.asp?id=2149

Have I missed something here but it says on the Edinburgh website preview for Friday's match that Robert Lambert has picked up a ban for missing matches and won't be there.

http://www.edinburghmonarchs.co/news/article.asp?id=2149

Is this ban just for Peterborough or also King's Lynn? Who's enforced the ban? Edited by mdmc82

It realy annoys me in speedway..particularly as a Panthers fan there are so many secrets and stuff swept under the carpet..the amount of stories that I've heard that have never come out in the open over the years..I'm guessing the Lambert saga is just another one of many.

Yet more confusion over availability, I do feel sorry for Panthers fans who deserve better than to have these constant farcical scenarios. Obviously this was known about for Wells to be booked as a guest, why did it take until now to get the correct "documentation" ? You would have thought that with the usual speed of press releases, Panthers management would have been highlighting this and disputing the ban in the knowledge that it was all above board!!

Panthers fans showed their worth by raising the "fighting fund" pre season, at present this is all rapidly turning club into a laughing stock!!

• Like 1