British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2015

I love Jengas nickname for the panthers, pure dead brilliant so it is.

You should get out more. In fact looking at those who agree, it reminds me of stevebrum & his posee in the caravan, perhaps he'll loan it out for the weekend (subject to BSPA guidelines of course).

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

don't let me get to you.why wasn't konopka eligable. eligible he had an average didn't he. maybe lukas can answer that one cos i don't know the rules, just like the bspa..

It doesn't stop you spouting bollocks though,does it?

By the way, you'd spend your time better by learning how to spell :rolleyes:

For all I know you could be a nice enough bloke in "real" life, but on here you come across as a silly, smart-arse schoolboy with your snidey. ill-informed little pops at other teams.

The way things are in speedway these days we - fans, teams, everybody - are all in it together. I want my team, Panthers, to do well, but my heart goes out to Oxford, Reading et al. And, more recently, to Brum and Eastbourne. And, of course, to Scunny and Berwick.

That's the polite version.

The other one, which maybe you will comprehend better, is STFU!

They are all our riders and are members of the side sitting 3rd in the league and have a genuine chance of the title imo if all stay fit

you're right, they're all our riders - but it doesn't stop the imbecile from harping on about Panthers "borrowing" riders. He's oh-so-pleased with himself with what he thinks is a witty little play on words (Peter-borough/borrow). He gets a little giddy with it, then he goes too far and make himself look embarrassingly foolish.

99.9% of speedway fans sympathise with the injury problems Panthers have had, and which has meant us having guests and R/R every flippin' meeting this season. Nobody wanted that to happen, or the temporary signings that we've had to make. We'd all be happier with the original line-up ffs!

Making snidey little pops at Panthers, or at any club in the same plight, is bang out of order.

Yes, but they obviously dont fit the criteria to qualify or race.... Its not fair on other teams that do really.

The Panthers had months to replace Allen but chose not too because it didnt effect them so much having a choice of guest or all riders being able to take a rr ride... then all of a sudden they try when the facility of a guest would be lost, add this to MPT and Greenwood having their heads turned and MPT's average id say the bspa has been very kind to you.

Had you not been the home team i doubt they'd have let you Track riders without an average or an assesed rider as has been the case for a few teams over the years.... It may look like its in the interests of the sport, but really its about money and getting folk through the gate imo, which just makes the bspa look desperate and morally wrong in my eyes.

• Like 2

you're right, they're all our riders - but it doesn't stop the imbecile from harping on about Panthers "borrowing" riders. He's oh-so-pleased with himself with what he thinks is a witty little play on words (Peter-borough/borrow). He gets a little giddy with it, then he goes too far and make himself look embarrassingly foolish.

99.9% of speedway fans sympathise with the injury problems Panthers have had, and which has meant us having guests and R/R every flippin' meeting this season. Nobody wanted that to happen, or the temporary signings that we've had to make. We'd all be happier with the original line-up ffs!

Making snidey little pops at Panthers, or at any club in the same plight, is bang out of order.

FFS sometimes its important to laugh at ourselves, don't take things so seriously

Dont expect Robert Lambert to ride anyway and im sure Grondal isnt going to trouble to many others in his races . Can see the argument about Grondal but if Lambert rides he started the season as a Panther hes missed meetings that did benefit the Allen situation but missed meetings for DU, injury and GB call ups they didnt actually cheat as everyone thinks to make him miss meetings.

The fact Lambert has an average now and is now number one and the fact he was told by the authorities if you want you can miss the meeting after the world cup its this I think the management used to argue there case as the authorities contributed to the fact he hadnt riden enough matches to obtain his proper average in July.

Also shows a pitfall of DU riders and with Lamberts situation with this being different to others think common sence kicked in, dont think Peterborough will win the fours with or without Lambert anyway.

So Berwick's averages were in the top 8 but didn't qualify because Barker and Vissing were injured, Peterborough had Allen injured and Lambert, Konopka and Grondal were ineligible but still got in? what a load of s**** the next team down should be in it and ai don't blame Peterborough btw as it is the BSPA who have allowed all of this rule bending

FFS sometimes its important to laugh at ourselves, don't take things so seriously

Quite but this is no longer a serious competition more a fun day out for those involved - no qualifying rounds/knock out meetings to add weight to its importance on the PL speedway calendar! I am sure the riders will give it their "all" and therein lies the entertainment factor hopefully with the weather being fine for those that decide to attend. It's petty rules over averages/ meetings raced etc. etc. that is killing this sport!

• Like 1

Have a laugh yes, but constant remarks about a team and its fans is going to get a response which many just look for anyway

So Berwick's averages were in the top 8 but didn't qualify because Barker and Vissing were injured, Peterborough had Allen injured and Lambert, Konopka and Grondal were ineligible but still got in? what a load of s**** the next team down should be in it and ai don't blame Peterborough btw as it is the BSPA who have allowed all of this rule bending

This is true stop the arguments run qualifiers or the top eight from the previous seasons final lge standings qualify.

Yes, but they obviously dont fit the criteria to qualify or race.... Its not fair on other teams that do really.

The Panthers had months to replace Allen but chose not too because it didnt effect them so much having a choice of guest or all riders being able to take a rr ride... then all of a sudden they try when the facility of a guest would be lost, add this to MPT and Greenwood having their heads turned and MPT's average id say the bspa has been very kind to you.

Had you not been the home team i doubt they'd have let you Track riders without an average or an assesed rider as has been the case for a few teams over the years.... It may look like its in the interests of the sport, but really its about money and getting folk through the gate imo, which just makes the bspa look desperate and morally wrong in my eyes.

well said A.F. its a pity others cannot see that this rule bending is not good for uk speedway. i agree with all of your post. the rule book should be renamed the good guide to speedway guidelines.. so the borrowers, sorry panthers re write the rule book for one day. well done. hope the bspa and sep blatter are in the same jail so they can work out their next conspiracy.like trying to escape..

funny how most of the PETERBOURUOUGH posters on here have the user names with the word panther in them, apart from scooby and morrisey . maybe they haven't graduated to the higher ranks yet.

any how , its just banter and fun. if you cant take a bit of verbal. then i am afraid you are the planks. no planks were harmed in the making of this post.. get a life.

arson is now on my Christmas card list..

Edited by jenga

i think the 4s qualifiers were destined to fail with the Southern groups especially failing with their crowds .. I understand the Northern clubs did ok, but it certainly wasn't across the board.

for the record I used to love the 4s qualifiers.

I think what was said above, top 8 from previous season league positions has to be the best way, then there's no argument