British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2015

I cannot believe all the rubbish written on here regarding who has put in what..at the end of the day they are trying to save our club and I don't see no one else stepping in so why all this rubbish?..why not show some support and be positive?..what will you moan about if you have no club to moan about?

• Like 4

I cannot believe all the rubbish written on here regarding who has put in what..at the end of the day they are trying to save our club and I don't see no one else stepping in so why all this rubbish?..why not show some support and be positive?..what will you moan about if you have no club to moan about?

And people who are willing to donate, thus save the club, are being told they're moaners for daring to ask about how it's all funded. It's not unfair to ask what the two guys running it are putting in. Why not answer the question?

It is a server issue affect all the club website's operating off that particular server....

It's a DNS issue with Fasthosts.

Loads of their clients affected - not just us.

https://twitter.com/FHTechTeam/with_replies

Also can't even get on their homepage http://www.fasthosts.co.uk at the moment

Nothing we can do but sit and wait for their technical people to fix it.

Maybe the new promotion have put x amount in themselves and need another 40k on top of that? It would be a lot easier if the promotion just told people what they had put in just to keep them happy, I don't see how it can do any harm.

Don't know about Swales, but does anybody think Ged joined the Panthers mid season without putting in something to help finances. Why would he join, and Mick accept him, without a lump being paid. It is my knowledge that he did.

Appealing for more cash to keep a club afloat is to everyone, but obviously( to non Panther fans of course) it doesn't mean everyone will or can donate anything. The alternative of course is not to ask and just close it down. Then the promotion gets more stick for not being in for the long run. FFS.

Simple situation, If you want speedway(at PL level) then some fans that can, need to help out with a donation, sponsorship or some other deal. Folks on here bemoaning the efforts because they really want EL are dreamers in another world. If no PL this year, you can forget EL for ever. IMO.

• Like 3

Not a single person bemoans the effort as they want Elite League or has made any suggestion to this effect on the contrary , what they say is that they support the effort as it is the only way to eventually get back to Elite.

• Like 1

2015 Swales and Rathbone seem genuine people but are asking for help which seems to happen a lot now.If you want to see speedway you try and back any fund raising activities that are sugested if not you know the concequences. 2014 Horton not many nice coments about him what i have read

So someone fails for a second time, bails out at half-time and leaves the club at rock bottom. What sort of nice comment are you looking for?

Simple situation, If you want speedway(at PL level) then some fans that can, need to help out with a donation, sponsorship or some other deal. Folks on here bemoaning the efforts because they really want EL are dreamers in another world. If no PL this year, you can forget EL for ever. IMO.

Thought the dreamers from another world amongst us had already agreed that position :rolleyes:

Maybe the new promotion have put x amount in themselves and need another 40k on top of that? It would be a lot easier if the promotion just told people what they had put in just to keep them happy, I don't see how it can do any harm.

I agree.

If TS & GR have put some money in, why not make it public? Nothing to hide means nothing to fear! And it would be a positive sign for those fans who are a little dubious about making any sort of financial contribution themselves.

And people who are willing to donate, thus save the club, are being told they're moaners for daring to ask about how it's all funded. It's not unfair to ask what the two guys running it are putting in. Why not answer the question?

Again I agree.

Like I said above: nothing to hide means nothing to fear.

Edited by PE7Panther

I agree.

If TS & GR have put some money in, why not make it public? Nothing to hide means nothing to fear! And it would be a positive sign for those fans who are a little dubious about making any sort of financial contribution themselves.

Again I agree.

Like I said above: nothing to hide means nothing to fear.

They are in a no win situation though.

However much they have already put in would still be seen as not enough.

Ha Ha, but a successful one. How about you or Crumpie ? Thought not. :P

As I've no idea who you are I'll take your word for it although self praise really is no recommendation; bcd and myself are both successful on planet earth, have you ever visited? If you're that successful then you could phone Trevor & Ged while you're here, you're promoting skills will be invaluable for our last push towards survival.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1