British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2015

thought it was children in need today not Panthers in need Swales and Rathbone has taken the speedway begging bowl to a whole new level on this one .

All seems fair enough to me. Not sure what you expect him to say? Nobody is forced to contribute and they are trying to save the club for those who want to watch PL speedway, what's not to like?

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 6

All seems fair enough to me. Not sure what you expect him to say? Nobody is forced to contribute and they are trying to save the club for those who want to watch PL speedway, what's not to like?

as long as everyone who has contributed has gone into this knowing what could happen that's fine I guess but can see the club being in the same position this time next year .

mate, im not saying they are in it for personal gain or profit, but if you go cap in hand to a group of people to fund a project... Surely you either outline that project, predict and assure that their input will be wisely used... Its like me saying dave will you put 40k in and i will do the rest?? Anyone would at the first instance want to know what i was putting on the line or risking, its only natural... Now if i say dave ive got this project thats close to both our hearts, this is what i want to do, it will cost 40k can you and i pay half each you are much more likely to see my commitment.... Because i have something to lose and im far less likely to walk away than i am if im paying nothing.

I dont think for one minute that this is the case, but fans coughing up are entitled to know what the management have on the line. No??

Me starting my own business, and running it my way while you paying for it is a recipe for disaster.

No one is asking anybody to put £40k into it. Donations are being asked for in an attempt to raise £40k. Not quite the same risk is it. No doubt that Ged has already put money in to keep Peterborough going when he joined late in the season. Together with Swales, he must from his experience since, that he thinks it is worthwhile to stay around and devote himself to help keep the club running, and no doubt would be responsible for any debts that it occurred(not anyone who bought in to the idea). I bet if he walked, given the doubting on here, it would all be his fault Peterborough didn't run in 2015. It wouldn't be him that walked away, in my eyes.

Remember Ged is not local, coming from Teesside, and being sponsor and mechanic to Ulrich and Danny Phillips, and sponsor of Carl Wilkinson with his personal MOTIVE organisation. He seems to like what he sees and wants to help, and knows the risk of collecting debt, but he obviously feels confident he and Swales can be successful, if they can get some indication of support. Working capital is needed, and he has asks the fans to contribute and needs £40K. What's wrong with that.

• Like 4

as long as everyone who has contributed has gone into this knowing what could happen that's fine I guess but can see the club being in the same position this time next year .

Well after 3 Horton promotions at Peterborough and associated plus the annual will we won't we saga of the last few Frost years, I'd say that anyone who doesn't realise the situation shouldn't be allowed to handle money anyway. IMO If it doesn't work then the options for 2016 will be: new owners, Frost & Mahoney get their mojo back or the club folds. Peterborough will not be in this position again.

Just to clarify my position on this. I support what's going on because it keeps the club going and that's the only way that we can get back into the EL. I do not support the direction that we've been going in during 2014 & now 2015.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

Just to clarify my position on this. I support what's going on because it keeps the club going and that's the only way that we can get back into the EL. I do not support the direction that we've been going in during 2014 & now 2015.

That is exactly how I feel!!!.

I have only missed 3 meetings in the last 8 years, & have followed Panthers away numerous times. If the new promotion had said that they were putting £20k in each & were looking for the fans to match it, I would be very interested in putting some money in. To ask for money with no mention of any personal investment is a bit of an insult to my intelligence, in my opinion.

good point well made.

I'm sure Ryan Sullivan would donate some money, has anyone contacted him?

Just been in touch, said that he'd seen your post and that you are a nob! Bit harsh I thought but then again he is Australian :shock:

• Like 5