British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2015

Now that is the thing that really irks me - Trevor "I must apologise for not updating sooner" - there are people queuing up to help in financial and practical ways so why not make use of them and their talents/expertise as well as their money then we would not have to wait days for these updates! In these days of technology the website, forum, official Facebook page etc. should be a priority to be kept as up to date immediately anything is forthcoming!

• Like 2

Now that is the thing that really irks me - Trevor "I must apologise for not updating sooner" - there are people queuing up to help in financial and practical ways so why not make use of them and their talents/expertise as well as their money then we would not have to wait days for these updates! In these days of technology the website, forum, official Facebook page etc. should be a priority to be kept as up to date immediately anything is forthcoming!

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that this new management-team (for want of a better name) are happy for fans to be involved in Panthers as a sort of "fan-owned cooperative" when it comes to putting our collective hands in our pockets. But as for having a real say and being kept informed, that's an entirely different matter.

I don't know whether TS and GR are technophobes or if they just don't realise the importance of the internet. Either way it's inexcusable not to have a decent website that's kept up-to-date. And a forum which is run and moderated fairly and responsibly.

I don't buy that bollox about all clubs having to have their websites done by the same company through the BSPA. Just set one up. And if they (the BSPA) want to carry on their own cr4p Panthers site, just let them get on with it. Our fans will know where to log in.

• Like 2

a great opportunity for a section called Waynes World!! ;)

I know that you're a big fan of Wayne Sleep but none of our members have requested the need for such a category. They can create a thread should they so wish :)

Edited by Crump99

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that this new management-team (for want of a better name) are happy for fans to be involved in Panthers as a sort of "fan-owned cooperative" when it comes to putting our collective hands in our pockets. But as for having a real say and being kept informed, that's an entirely different matter.

I don't know whether TS and GR are technophobes or if they just don't realise the importance of the internet. Either way it's inexcusable not to have a decent website that's kept up-to-date. And a forum which is run and moderated fairly and responsibly.

I don't buy that bollox about all clubs having to have their websites done by the same company through the BSPA. Just set one up. And if they (the BSPA) want to carry on their own cr4p Panthers site, just let them get on with it. Our fans will know where to log in.

You only have to use the same domain .co

1 King 8.84

2 Roynon 4.78

3 Ostergaard 8.00

4 T Kurtz 5.96

5 Klindt 6.68

6 Covatti 4.21

7 Greenwood 3.12

Total 41.59

That looks expensive. It's Swales & Rathbone potentially in charge, not Frost/Mahoney!

• Like 1

1 King 8.84

2 Roynon 4.78

3 Ostergaard 8.00

4 T Kurtz 5.96

5 Klindt 6.68

6 Covatti 4.21

7 Greenwood 3.12

Total 41.59

Like it. But can't see it.

Why not forge closer ties with Kings Lynn and potentially use the likes of Lambert, Schlein, Smith etc?

Crikey they use enough of our assets. Local tracks and may attract fans from KL to Panthers

Edited by dazpanther
  • Like 1

Like it. But can't see it.

Why not forge closer ties with Kings Lynn and potentially use the likes of Lambert, Schlein, Smith etc?

Crikey they use enough of our assets. Local tracks and may attract fans from KL to Panthers

Agreed, could get the like of Kozza Smith, Lewis Rose, Lewis Kerr or Robert Lambert.

You only have to use the same domain .co

My guess is that the BSPA have done a deal with a Website Management Company to;

Create the base template for the sites

Generate and Host all Sites

Create consistent domain names (hence the bulk buy of cheap .co domains)

Maintain the Websites.

So, realistically what happens is Trevor and Co will write a press release for the website and send it to the Web Marketing Agency who have the deal with the BSPA. They will then update the website with said content in an agreed timeframe (probably 24 hours).

There is absolutely a reason to believe that this is the case, its very common. Its not boll*cks at all, its just a fecking shame because as you say, there are many here able and willing to take on the role. But this is politics for you.

BSPA want Sky. Sky want uniformity in the clubs websites. Website Agency happy to do a deal as they want the retainer each month. To be fair - quite rightly so, on all of those points.

http://m.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/speedway-news/cash-is-flooding-in-to-save-panthers-from-folding-1-6399937

Cash is flooding in to save Panthers from folding

Published: 05 November 2014

Overwhelmed and optimistic they are the feelings of the men spearheading the fight to save Peterborough Panthers.

Long-serving club official Trevor Swales insists he and Ged Rathbone, who joined the management team during last season, are well past halfway in their bid to raise £40,000 and bring the city side back to the tapes in 2015. They insist that sum is required to cover set-up and operational costs.

Swales and Rathbone were staggered by the turnout estimated to be between 250-275 people - and response at a fans forum staged at the East of England Showground on Friday night.

Close to £13,000 was pledged during that event and they report more money has flooded in since, but there is still some way to go for Swales to declare an intention to race on when attending the British Speedway Promoters Association (BSPA) annual meeting from November 14-16.

Swales said: Were in a much better position than we ever dared to dream we would be in at this stage.

The amount of people who turned out last Friday astounded us and their support and generosity both on the night and in the days since has been wonderful.

We were confident that the demand for speedway in the city was strong enough to try to keep the club going and I think weve been proven right.

I think Im correct in saying we have raised around £23,000 and the figure is going up all the time.

Im obviously optimistic about being in a position to declare to the BSPA that we will race in 2015, but there is still plenty of hard work to do.

We must ensure we can not only start the season, but also finish it and be in a position to have a bright future.

Myself, Ged and a dedicated team of volunteers are working morning, noon and night to try to pull this off. Weve put our family lives on hold to do everything we can and will continue to do so.

As usual there seems to be a few bad apples being nothing but negative on the internet forums, but if they think they can do a better job of trying to keep the club going they should come forward.

Swales revealed the donations so far made by supporters range from an anonymous pledge of £10,000 made during last Fridays supporters event to a promise of £20 of pocket money from a young fan.

He remains in daily dialogue with co-owners Rick Frost and Julie Mahoney, but has so far been coy when asked about the nature of any deal that could be struck with them.

Discussions have also been held with a prospective commercial manager while the club are understood to be attracting plenty of interest from potential riding recruits.

An email account has been created to allow anyone interested in making a donation to get in touch. It is pantherspledge2015@gmail.com

My guess is that the BSPA have done a deal with a Website Management Company to;

Create the base template for the sites

Generate and Host all Sites

Create consistent domain names (hence the bulk buy of cheap .co domains)

Maintain the Websites.

So, realistically what happens is Trevor and Co will write a press release for the website and send it to the Web Marketing Agency who have the deal with the BSPA. They will then update the website with said content in an agreed timeframe (probably 24 hours).

There is absolutely a reason to believe that this is the case, its very common. Its not boll*cks at all, its just a fecking shame because as you say, there are many here able and willing to take on the role. But this is politics for you.

BSPA want Sky. Sky want uniformity in the clubs websites. Website Agency happy to do a deal as they want the retainer each month. To be fair - quite rightly so, on all of those points.

Good post-I would add that as far as I know most club`s press officer has access to their clubs login/back room details so will do any updating/post stories themselves.

• Like 1

As far as I'm aware, the sites only need to be hosted on the .co domain. Quite a few of the sites have different looks and are maintained and updated by a variety of people (although AP Media to run a whole load of sites for teams)

• Like 1

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.2330

MORE WAYS TO BACK PANTHERS

Thursday November 06, 2014

PETERBOROUGH have released details of a series of sponsorship and advertising packages for 2015.

Co-promoter Trevor Swales and management team member Ged Rathbone have joined forces in a bid to keep Panthers on track next season.

Attracting increased levels of commercial revenue is crucial to their plans and Swales said: We have come up with a range of packages which we feel represent great value.

We have made it very clear the club cannot operate on admission money alone and we must generate other income through sponsorships and advertising.

Swales and Rathbone report they are now well past the halfway mark in their attempt to raise the £40,000 they feel necessary to make the club a viable proposition for 2015 and beyond.

COMMERCIAL OPPORTUNITIES WITH PANTHERS . . .

MEETING SPONSORSHIP

Price: £400 +vat

Includes: admission for up to 12 people, buffet, soft drinks, pits visit, centre green visit, meet and greet with riders, chance to select and present a rider-of-the-night award and a signed/framed photograph to mark the occasion.

AIR FENCE ADVERTISING

Price: £250+vat per panel (44 panels in total).

PROGRAMME ADVERTISING

Price: £300+vat for full page; £175+vat for half page; £100+vat for quarter page. Artwork must be supplied.

HEAT SPONSOR

Price: £200+vat logo will appear on race card for each home meeting.

Anyone interested in taking up any of the available packages should make contact by email in the first instance to pantherspledge2015@gmail.com

• Like 1